1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rom Manager Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikeygaga11, Aug 22, 2010.

1. mikeygaga11

mikeygaga11 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm kind of new to Rooting and Roms but I keep getting the same problem while installing Roms using Rom Manager. I flash and then I install the ROM and everything goes well until the boot up screen. It gets stuck in a loop of the Droid and Droid Eye animation and I have to restore it. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? I am using the Droid with Froyo, rooted using Easy Root.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    You can always flash SPRecovery from ROM Manager and try installing the ROM as an update.zip.

I find this method useful whenever I run into problems with Clockwork. Flash the alternate recovery in ROM Manager, rename the ROM file to "update.zip" either through a file manager or by mounting the SD card, then boot into recovery.

Ensure you have a Nandroid backup, then clear cache/wipe data 3 times, go to "install" and select "allow update.zip," then finally click install.

Let it finish installing, then reboot. If you're still stuck in a boot loop, you may have a corrupt file, or what have you.

It may be beneficial to just try downloading and flashing a different ROM through ROM Manager before ever flashing to SPRecovery, and seeing if that works. That way we know it's the file/ROM, and not the recovery.

3. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Did you check off the wipe data/cache option in Rom Manager?

4. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    You may want to try flashing back to ClockworkMod v2.5.0.0

5. mikeygaga11

mikeygaga11 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks guys, flashing back to 2.5.0.0 worked . Another quick question. Is there a way to save messaging / call log / apps etc. to the SD card before installing a different ROM?

6. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Download Titanium Backup from the market.

I haven't flashed a different ROM in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it can save that data if you back it up.