• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rom manager not backing up

fender62

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
uk
i was given a lost or reported htc magic 32b, dude just wanted a newer phone
so it got blacklisted, im using it as a test phone to learn rooting flashing roms etc
i made a goldcard i copied the sappimg.nbh and FlashRec files etc and all went well, then i get to the welcome screen emergency call change language etc
i cannot go any further if plug in the usb cable i get nothing, as i cannot activate
the phone to get into menu to add the rest of the files to flash etc i have sdk working but like i said it does not see the phone, as i said i am using it as a tester for my actual working htc magic 1.6 that i want to flash cyanogen rom.
i thought id rather brick the blacklisted one as it wont work anyway, before i try the methods on my working one. oh and the 4 touch in the corners does not work
i use this guide
http://www.emagi.co.uk/4443/how-to-root ... fone-magic

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones