• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM Manager - partitioning sdcard question

Testa86

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
i have a question about the partition sd card function of rom manager. which i click on it it says it will take 512 mgs for ext size and swap size 256mg. what does this mean to me? does it help to do this? cus right now i have CM7 install all programs to external storage anyway is there a difference formatting the card like this? does it add it to internal storage? im just curious about this cus it seems interesting if it helps in anyway.

I actually have been trying to find the answer to the same question. I would *like* to think it extends my internal storage to my SD card, and potentially allows me to separately mount the data drive on the SD card... without disrupting the programs / widgets. But, that being said, I don't have a clue and haven't been able to find a reasonable response to this.

I suppose I'll just have to do it, but like you, I was hoping to determine if it is worth the effort ahead of time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones