1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rom Manager problem during install of CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by headpunter, Apr 29, 2011.

1. headpunter

headpunter Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2010
    CM says the preferred installation method is using Rom manager, so i did, i allowed it to do its thing and when it gets to the splash/loading screen for CM7 and it just sits with the spinning arrow around the android logo like its loading but it hasn't finished, I've let it sit for around an 1hour hoping it may bring it self out of the hang up but no luck.

sorry if there is an answer to this but i looked and i don't think i know exactly what to search for.

I'm guessing i have to install the ROM manually to the SD card and install from the boot manager?

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    Try a battery pull and reboot first. If that does not work, then I would full wipe in recovery and flash manually. Don't forget to flash the Gapps zip also in a separate recovery session so you have the market.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yeah rom manager is just to buggy. i have seen just recently a few who are having problems becuase of rom manager. i would do everything manually anyways. just remember that when ever you are making changes to your phone to do a nandroid backup. they are a dear friend to me. they have saved my phone many times.

4. headpunter

headpunter Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2010
    Got it running. I had to clear the cache and data to get it towork, loaded the gooogle apps and just trying to figure out the best way to do the visual voicemail now.

5. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Moorpark, CA
  6. gallard

gallard Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    I recently flashed Ultimate Droid 3.3.1 Rom and constantly get the error message: android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly...
    Anyone having this problem and have suggestions. Thanks.

7. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    Turn around...
    I'm gonna echo ocnbrze's comment and tell you that the best thing for you to do is flash manually. I've had problems flashing with RM - nothing to serious but, still, it's better to know how to manually do it at the very least.

8. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Tech support rep for Knology
    so dak
    im gonna echo corybantics' echo echo echo echo.... lol not only is rom manager buggy, but youll learn so much more about the process if you get your hands dirty. It seems intimidating at first if youre unaccustomed to old school non-point-n-click interfaces, hell i was raised on dos, and i was still nervous about some of this stuff... youll find the experience so much more rewarding if you just take the plunge, do the stuff yourself and not rely on a program that (ask anyone on this one) is just not up to the task it was created for

Tags: