1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root ROM Manager problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lennie paz, Sep 28, 2010.

1. lennie paz

lennie paz Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Illadelphia
    For some reason, when I choose Reboot into Recovery, it goes to a screen with the little green Android a yellow exclamation point in a white triangle. If I click the power button, I get the options menu and on the bottom it says: E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip(Invalid argument). Is it looking for the update.zip file when I choose Reboot into Recovery? I didn't rename the ROM "update.zip" on my SD card, I just left the ROM with the original name. After getting to the options, I can never install the ROM without getting the failed to update message. If I power off the phone, click the vol down and power button to boot into recovery, all my ROMs install fine.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Yeah, same here. I think I got 2 updates real close to one another in the last few days. If it were the case, which I'm not saying it is, there must be a trigger for it b/c I just booted into recovery via ROM Manager and had no problems.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    Same.

6. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    I had the same problem after running a backup of my rom from RM. I got out of it by flashing Clock Work again in ROM Manager. I think the problem may be that erased an update.zip file from my sd card.

I have read of people getting bricked using RM. I'm trying to understand what the problem is and if I should use it. For now I will do all backups and restores manuall in recovery.

Evidently, from what I read in a post, RM installs "fake" or virtual recoveries on your device. Don't really understand this.

Any clarifications appreciated!

7. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I had the exact same issue last week. Use ROM manager to download the ROM you want but flash it yourself. That's what I did. Worked fine.