• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Manager Questions

I just rooted my droid yesterday and am currently using Ultimate Droid V10 which I got from ROM Manager. I wanted to try a different ROM however I don't know if I have to do something before changing ROM's on the app. I'm assuming that you don't but I really want to make sure so that way I don't screw anything up on my phone. If anyone has any experience with this app let me know plz......

Thanks!

2 More questions: Say I want to download a rom and use ROM Manager to install it, what would I save the ROM under on my SD card and would it backup and wipe it for me as well?
In rom manager there is no need to rename the zip files to update.zip everytime like you do with sprecovery. You can just leave it named what it was from the maker. Put the zip file on the main root of the card.

Upvote 0
2 More questions: Say I want to download a rom and use ROM Manager to install it, what would I save the ROM under on my SD card and would it backup and wipe it for me as well?

You can put the ROM anywhere on the SD card with any name, as long as it's a .zip. It will still backup and wipe for you as long as you check the boxes in the popup to do so.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones