• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rom manager wont partition SD Card

locnar77

Oct 1, 2010
I want to partition my sd card so i can install more apps on my Telus Milestone running 2.1update1, but every time i try it reboots my phone and does nothing. i even tried to make a rom backup and same thing happens, reboots phone. is there something im doing wrong? i set up the flash clockworkmod recovery and that went perfectly.

No, because ROM Manager doesn't work on the Milestone.

G.O.T. is simple.

1) Google G.O.T. OpenRecovery.

2) Download it.

3) Unzip it.

4) Put OpenRecovery folder and update.zip on your SD Card

5) Turn off your phone.

6) Hold down the camera button while powering your phone back on.

7) When you get a screen with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, press CAMERA and VOLUME UP at the same time until a menu pops up.

8) Use your physical keyboards navigation pad to navigate to "apply update.zip from sdcard" should be the second thing on the menu.

9) Depending on the version of GOT OR you got (1.14 or 1.44) there will be an area where it says Nandroid or Backup.

For future reference, Google would've turned up much more detailed, and many, many more tutorials, all Open Recoveries are applied and entered the same way, excluding ClockWork.

Reactions: elpicard
Upvote 0
No, because ROM Manager doesn't work on the Milestone.

G.O.T. is simple.

1) Google G.O.T. OpenRecovery.

2) Download it.

3) Unzip it.

4) Put OpenRecovery folder and update.zip on your SD Card

5) Turn off your phone.

6) Hold down the camera button while powering your phone back on.

7) When you get a screen with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, press CAMERA and VOLUME UP at the same time until a menu pops up.

8) Use your physical keyboards navigation pad to navigate to "apply update.zip from sdcard" should be the second thing on the menu.

9) Depending on the version of GOT OR you got (1.14 or 1.44) there will be an area where it says Nandroid or Backup.

For future reference, Google would've turned up much more detailed, and many, many more tutorials, all Open Recoveries are applied and entered the same way, excluding ClockWork.

Thanks for your reply!!!
Applying the update.zip will change my rom? It will erase something? sorry, Im a new user! and also sorry by my english!

Doing the image can I restore it and send the phone to the oficial service in case of a breakdown?

Upvote 0
the apply update.zip part is not gonna change anything on the phone. its much the same as booting the phone from the sd card oinstead of from internal rom. like booting a pc from the dvd drive instead of from the hard drive.

also, if you need to send your phone to the service centre you can just reflash one of the stock motorola sbf files using rsd lite, both of which can be found via google really easily.

Reactions: elpicard
Upvote 0
Hey,
trying to create a nandroid backup on my motorola milestone using G.O.T's open recovery, but Im getting stuck. When I select apply update.zip, my device brings up an error message of E: EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
E: signature verification failed. Please advise. Im trying to create the backup so I can flash the cyanogen mod 7 custom rom. Im sick of my device rebooting without notice..
Oh..Im running froyo 2.2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones