• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [Mega Hit] [V3.03] [AOSP] ThunderShock [5/11/13][AROMA][FINAL]

bump13.jpg

:D:D:D

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Reactions: G2435
Upvote 0
I am currently running Decks and DTA2sd, do I need to re-install DT when I try this rom? I would assume not since the SD card doesn't care what rom u run, but just wanted to make sure, Thanks.

Did I just answer my own question???.......:thinking:

Yes you have to flash DT separately. Read the op as it had a link for instructions on how to install if you do not know how.

Reactions: jg62 and G2435
Upvote 0
Flash the rom, wipe cache and dalvik 2x , than flash dta2sd zip, than your good to go

Just wanted to update my progress, followed your steps of:
download zip to sdcard,
make a nandroid backup of the current rom
wipe everything x3 except SDCARD dont reboot
reboot
(Just my opinion, but these last two lines seem to be conflicting with dont reboot then reboot)

then I went back to recovery and flashed DT, I did it two different ways, one being after aroma installer was finished and then rebooted, and also prior to aroma rebooting. In both instances I went back to recovery wiped cache/dalvik, then flashed DT.
In both instances when I rebooted, my phone would go no further than the opening animation (the multi-colored X thing) I ended up pulling the battery both times after a 20 minute wait looking at the "X"
I then started over again flashed your rom, did nothing with DT, but when I go to TB, I'm seeing this:

System rom - (199 free)
Internal (156 free)
SD card (24.6 free)
SDcard (a2sd) (569 free)

Everything seems to be working fine, just not sure what transpired. Any thoughts? Thanks.

One other question, is it possible to change/adjust the background color(s) on GMail, what I have right now is a greyish background on my message list, and its almost impossible to differentiate between read and unread messages? Thanks

Reactions: G2435
Upvote 0
Update #2: Note to self, don't attempt new things on your phone when you've been up for 20 hours and you think it's a good idea to do so. Started from scratch with a clean wipe, a full nights sleep and everything went as it should, got the rom flashed then DT, everything is working great. Thanks for your help and putting up with my dumbness.........:eek::eek::eek:

Upvote 0
Still running Thundershock (really love this rom) but have one small problem, when I boot up wifi tethering I get an error message: Tethering started with errors, when I check the log it reads: "Enabling MSS Clamping failed"

Have had zero luck as far as finding MSS clampimg, hence I have no wifi hotspot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried a few different setups as far as Device Profile with no success. Thanks

Reactions: ocnbrze and G2435
Upvote 0
Still running Thundershock (really love this rom) but have one small problem, when I boot up wifi tethering I get an error message: Tethering started with errors, when I check the log it reads: "Enabling MSS Clamping failed"

Have had zero luck as far as finding MSS clampimg, hence I have no wifi hotspot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried a few different setups as far as Device Profile with no success. Thanks

Have tried the hack WiFi hotspot already in the Rom under settings->wireless and networks-> and I think it says WiFi tether :)

Reactions: jg62
Upvote 0
Have tried the hack WiFi hotspot already in the Rom under settings->wireless and networks-> and I think it says WiFi tether :)

Never knew that was there.......:thinking:, worked like a champ though, thanks for your help.

Thanks again for a great rom, I actually prefer this to Deck's which I thought was the end all and be all. Don't get me wrong Deck's is still a great rom, but for me I'll take Thundershock every time...:)

Upvote 0
It was time to play a bit and flash a now rom so I gave this one a try. I liked the added installer options and the install was pretty normal. I had to go back and re-flash though because I forgot dark tremor the first time. It would also help to be reminded in the instruction list that it needs to be flashed right after the rom.

Overall it's solid, fast and worth try :)

Upvote 0
It was time to play a bit and flash a now rom so I gave this one a try. I liked the added installer options and the install was pretty normal. I had to go back and re-flash though because I forgot dark tremor the first time. It would also help to be reminded in the instruction list that it needs to be flashed right after the rom.

Overall it's solid, fast and worth try :)
Thanks :D and for dark tremor you can flash it when ever after flashing the rom

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
heLLO OCN, WOULD YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WITH THIS? RUNNING Thundershock (AOSP) V3.0 (build number) and 2.6.38.8-MASON-G-DI5RC4-SBC ANDROID VERSION 2.3.7 KERNEL,

I'm having an issue with the beatsmanager giving me a fc saying:

"SORRY!"

The application BEATSMANAGER
(PROCESS COM.BEL.ANDROID.
DSPMANAGER) HAS STOPPED
UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

"FORCE CLOSE"

sHOULD i DELETE(NOT TO SURE HOW)AND RE-FLASH IN RECOVERY?
aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED. tHANK YOU.

Upvote 0
heLLO OCN, WOULD YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WITH THIS? RUNNING Thundershock (AOSP) V3.0 (build number) and 2.6.38.8-MASON-G-DI5RC4-SBC ANDROID VERSION 2.3.7 KERNEL,

I'm having an issue with the beatsmanager giving me a fc saying:

"SORRY!"

The application BEATSMANAGER
(PROCESS COM.BEL.ANDROID.
DSPMANAGER) HAS STOPPED
UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

"FORCE CLOSE"

sHOULD i DELETE(NOT TO SURE HOW)AND RE-FLASH IN RECOVERY?
aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED. tHANK YOU.
ok first off try and wipe dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps......if not then try and going into recovery and in the advanced menu there should be a "fix permission" option. try that and see if that fixes the issues.

and lastly if all else fails just wipe dalvik cache, cache and re-flash the rom.

edit: WHY YOU YELLING? i can hear you just fine:p

Reactions: smiley72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones