• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM](MI-CHEE BETA 2 PUBLIC TEST RELEASE) Full Miui GB rom CM7 based

uploading a fixed miui build welll a build for people that are having market issues etc. you will want to factory reset wipe cache wipe davilk cache

format system data cache sd ext and install..

once you add your google account though gtalk market will populate and you will notice you have updates feel free to update :p it does work verfied also my init d script has the fix for themes they apply but dont take effect some reason its creating the directory but the theme manager isnt seeing it in system/data/theme

will prob see if brochee has his miui build on github so i can look at his source ;P

Nope. Miui no longer supports GB this rom was build with nothing but another miui rom the sdk and some know how. I was trying to build with there source for some time but kept getting unusable builds then found out they now only have source for ics

Upvote 0
uploading a fixed miui build welll a build for people that are having market issues etc. you will want to factory reset wipe cache wipe davilk cache

format system data cache sd ext and install..

once you add your google account though gtalk market will populate and you will notice you have updates feel free to update :p it does work verfied also my init d script has the fix for themes they apply but dont take effect some reason its creating the directory but the theme manager isnt seeing it in system/data/theme

will prob see if brochee has his miui build on github so i can look at his source ;P

Make sure the system is mounted

Upvote 0
Nope. Miui no longer supports GB this rom was build with nothing but another miui rom the sdk and some know how. I was trying to build with there source for some time but kept getting unusable builds then found out they now only have source for ics

some how i was afrad you were going to say that lol..

so long story short back to the trid and true way to build miui kang shit smali hack shit log cat it rinse and repeat. got it

Upvote 0
anyways heres a market fixed version of his build for people with market issues

market fixed some theme fixed
BORAICHEE

MD5
1ad389bd0ef13abf87716dda09046f58

theme is still broken it will say it applied but it doesn't actually apply because its not applying to the right directory.

also will work with broaichee in fixing mms if he wants if not well good luck ;P

Upvote 0

BORAICHEE

MD5

theme is still broken it will say it applied but it doesn't actually apply because its not applying to the right directory.

also will work with broaichee in fixing mms if he wants if not well good luck ;P

Is it possible to add themes manually?

Upvote 0

BORAICHEE

MD5

I posted a build my fixes along with ravers fixes in op. Btw thanks to Raver for helping me with this. He has already one day in been a big help

Upvote 0
In order for themes to work on miui there must be a theme folder with in data/system. So you need "data/system/theme"

ya i kow that and the script makes it default theme script. When the theme applies tho it comes out directory null. Even tho the data/system/theme directory resides there..

Never mind scratch that need to fix the premonitions to data local theme as its missing the write premiss on to others.

if you have root exploer u can change it yourself on the directory after that themes will apply

Upvote 0
ya i kow that and the script makes it default theme script. When the theme applies tho it comes out directory null. Even tho the data/system/theme directory resides there

I had the same issue with my biuld for my device. I had to manually ad the folder using root explorer. In order for anything to stick. I added the data folder to my ROM zip n nothing stuck. I used a init.d script to ad the folder n nothing stuck again.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue with my biuld for my device. I had to manually ad the folder using root explorer. In order for anything to stick. I added the data folder to my ROM zip n nothing stuck. I used a init.d script to ad the folder n nothing stuck again.

no it made the folder lol i need to fix the premissons so when it creates it it adds others read write access atm its only read access

Upvote 0
no it made the folder lol i need to fix the premissons so when it creates it it adds others read write access atm its only read access

Here's how I mount my system using init.d

Code:
busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /system -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=0;
busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /data -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=0;
busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /cache -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=0;

Just change my partions to yours

Upvote 0
Ok Im on Lunar-Gen Beta-1 Rom and i like it and everything but b4 i had cm7, i want this on my phone but while trying to roboot into the new rom either it will have the small text android like when your gonna boot into recovery. it did that then loaded the boot animation but after giving it time to load it never showed up,it just went in a boot loop making weird vibrations.

Second try it went to my recovery after flashing then i rebooted again the went bootanimation then it showed it but a force closes error popped up as soon as the screen came up, so i closed it and checked the rom out for 3 seconds then my phone just turned off and some codes or some came up.

steps i tryed :
1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. went to mount/storage( wiped system/data/cache
4. wiped davike cache
5. installed rom
6. went to mount/storage (mount system)
7. installed gapps by req 0
8. Rebooted

Am I doing something wrong because when i tryed to flash cm7 back on my phone it got stuck at boot animation:tomato:

Plz Help :adore:

Upvote 0
Ok Im on Lunar-Gen Beta-1 Rom and i like it and everything but b4 i had cm7, i want this on my phone but while trying to roboot into the new rom either it will have the small text android like when your gonna boot into recovery. it did that then loaded the boot animation but after giving it time to load it never showed up,it just went in a boot loop making weird vibrations.

Second try it went to my recovery after flashing then i rebooted again the went bootanimation then it showed it but a force closes error popped up as soon as the screen came up, so i closed it and checked the rom out for 3 seconds then my phone just turned off and some codes or some came up.

steps i tryed :
1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. went to mount/storage( wiped system/data/cache
4. wiped davike cache
5. installed rom
6. went to mount/storage (mount system)
7. installed gapps by req 0
8. Rebooted

Am I doing something wrong because when i tryed to flash cm7 back on my phone it got stuck at boot animation:tomato:

Plz Help :adore:

It may not be necessary, but when this happened to me like a week or two ago, I used Odin to put the original CWM on it (I think it's flashable now), installed CWM 5.0.2.8, Rebooted Recovery. Installed Beta 2. Now after that since you're flashing MIUI, Wipe data/factory (that's all you have to wipe) flash MIUI and then mount/install req's GApps. You should be okay.

Reactions: DwayneE75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones