• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM](MI-CHEE BETA 2 PUBLIC TEST RELEASE) Full Miui GB rom CM7 based

i mounted data, flashed the metro off roaming indicator fix, and it worked.
tho i did have to toggle airplane mode once, but not on every reboot.
*also, i flashed the rom that raver uploaded with the market fix..was able to use maret and download my apps perfectly with data alone.
still no mms, gonna run apn backup/restore and see what happens..
good stuff guys, this is coming along great

Attachments

• screenshot-1334909193336.png
    screenshot-1334909193336.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
i mounted data, flashed the metro off roaming indicator fix, and it worked.
tho i did have to toggle airplane mode once, but not on every reboot.
*also, i flashed the rom that raver uploaded with the market fix..was able to use maret and download my apps perfectly with data alone.
still no mms, gonna run apn backup/restore and see what happens..
good stuff guys, this is coming along great

where did u get this roaming flasf fix from. never seen it :(
link?

Upvote 0
If it works on this, it should work on CM7. The only question now is how the hell...?

different camera driver. seems the driver isn't gl surface crashing. The issue from the log-cats i did off your cm build with the camera. I keep getting GL and overlay errors. I was going to go over your source and see if mb i could fix it but your git hub is where?

Upvote 0
different camera driver. seems the driver isn't gl surface crashing. The issue from the log-cats i did off your cm build with the camera. I keep getting GL and overlay errors. I was going to go over your source and see if mb i could fix it but your git hub is where?

Same place it's always been: https://github.com/requisite0

Also, I noticed the copybits issue as well, but that seemed to be more related to previewing the image rather than encoding it. The real issue is that cameraserver is suffering from a stack corruption error, which unfortunately doesn't yield any useful information in the logcat.

Upvote 0
It may not be necessary, but when this happened to me like a week or two ago, I used Odin to put the original CWM on it (I think it's flashable now), installed CWM 5.0.2.8, Rebooted Recovery. Installed Beta 2. Now after that since you're flashing MIUI, Wipe data/factory (that's all you have to wipe) flash MIUI and then mount/install req's GApps. You should be okay.

yo thank you so much, did what you said and it worked. i thought i would have to buy another phone at first but i flashed cm7 back but havent tryed this yet. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Same place it's always been: https://github.com/requisite0

Also, I noticed the copybits issue as well, but that seemed to be more related to previewing the image rather than encoding it. The real issue is that cameraserver is suffering from a stack corruption error, which unfortunately doesn't yield any useful information in the logcat.

thanks mate mind if i do a git pull request? did you ever try a strace build of it to see if you could get any better info?

Upvote 0
Raver is right theme work after changing permissions. When req fixes camera on cm I will start to build my next minuit alpha and will try to get themes working right off the bat

also note with the themes part of the issue is the duel framework so you get other apk bleed over.. Might wanna try from strock++ sense theirs no touch wiz and it is aosp more or less might be a different approach

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones