• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MidnightRom: Sense 1.5.4

New version posted:

7/23/2012 1.1.3.4 (beta) latest
MD5:188db6964474746fa68ca41c34fd669f
-Updated Kernel to anthrax 2.7.2
-Fixed vsync off not working
-Vdm crashing, mms, vmm, and 4g have been fixed (kernel)
-Init.d "anthrax" script change

Known issues:
GooManager still isn't showing updates for some reason.

2.7.2??? Dadgummit! I just got 2.7.1! Oh well, here we go back to recovery! Thanks dakman!

Upvote 0
New version posted:

7/23/2012 1.1.3.4 (beta) latest
MD5:188db6964474746fa68ca41c34fd669f
-Updated Kernel to anthrax 2.7.2
-Fixed vsync off not working
-Vdm crashing, mms, vmm, and 4g have been fixed (kernel)
-Init.d "anthrax" script change

Known issues:
GooManager still isn't showing updates for some reason.

Did you look into the WiFi issue? I really liked this ROM but had to go back because of that.

Upvote 0
2.7.2??? Dadgummit! I just got 2.7.1! Oh well, here we go back to recovery! Thanks dakman!
^_^ That happens lol.
Did you look into the WiFi issue? I really liked this ROM but had to go back because of that.
I honestly have had no problems connecting to wifi. Maybe a bad flash? Try the stable version, and if it isn't working on that, then it's your phone

So now is more stable this newer version of the beta rom?
It's about perfect stable wise. The kernel is still in development though, but basically all the kinks have been worked out.

I just can't get goomanager to show updates T_T

i tried the stable version.. flashed flawless ran smooth but quadrant score was garbage.. broke 1000 by a hair... dunno why it was so low.. but i ad to revert back to stock

if i can figure out why the score was so low and able to rais it.. i will be putting MR back on. good work though.

Weird. What did you try? Stable or beta?

Upvote 0
This might be a stupid question but I see spme people talking about flashing the kernel seperate.....but um if i flash the new beta I dont have to flash the kernel seperate right because its already included? Idk why im uncertain lol. i feel dumb for asking because I am not at all new to this.

That's perfectly fine :-D
My rom currently has version 2.7.2 of the kernel Preinstalled. When a new version of the kernel comes out, you can either wait until I post a new version of my rom with it already built in, or just flash over a few version of the kernel

Reactions: XAL2
Upvote 0
Not exactly sure what's going on with your phone, but I'm getting over 4300 on quadrant on mine. Did you flash the 2.7.1 kernel right after you flashed the rom?? If you did, check to make sure you are overclocked. Use SetCPU to set your cpu to 1782 Mhz max and I personally use interactive setting and noop settings.

Make sure you don't have any other apps running in the background either. If you are still getting 1000, your phone may be bad. Just an opinion.
no i didn't flash the kernel.. i tried to D/L it but took me to a forum that wouldn't let me grab it.

Upvote 0
^_^ That happens lol.

I honestly have had no problems connecting to wifi. Maybe a bad flash? Try the stable version, and if it isn't working on that, then it's your phone

It's about perfect stable wise. The kernel is still in development though, but basically all the kinks have been worked out.

I just can't get goomanager to show updates T_T

Weird. What did you try? Stable or beta?
Beta

Upvote 0
I wound up flashing the previous beta last night and then realized that wifi was errored... I went through the process of getting onto Anthrax forums and getting the kernel.

Wiped EVERYTHING, and flashed the previous beta and the 2.7.2 kernel and everything is flawless except for the battery life is a lil up-n-down and can't figure out why.

I will wait for future betas before I flash anything else for a while.

Thanks for a kickass ROM :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones