• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MidnightRom: Sense 1.5.4

I'm new in rooting and the EVO V 3D is my first android phone.
I successfully installed the ZR3DX rom couple weeks ago and I wanted to try a new rom this morning, the MidnightRom 1.1.2.
This is the procedure, using TWRP 2.2, S-ON:

-download MidnightRom 1.1.2 and put on the SDcard
-extract the boot.img and put on sdk-tools folder
-boot into TWRP 2.2, wipe cache, dalvik and system
-install MidnightRom 1.1.2
-reboot into recovery (flashboot usb)
-connect the phone into the computer
-flashing boot.img using command prompt
-reboot phone.

The operations went smooth, even on settings my rom showing is MidnightRom 1.1.2, but the phone still running on the ZR3DX rom, nothing added or soustracted.

Any chance someone had it done with TWRP S-ON and got it works and able to correct the wrong way I did.

thanks alot

Upvote 0
I'm new in rooting and the EVO V 3D is my first android phone.
I successfully installed the ZR3DX rom couple weeks ago and I wanted to try a new rom this morning, the MidnightRom 1.1.2.
This is the procedure, using TWRP 2.2, S-ON:

-download MidnightRom 1.1.2 and put on the SDcard
-extract the boot.img and put on sdk-tools folder
-boot into TWRP 2.2, wipe cache, dalvik and system
-install MidnightRom 1.1.2
-reboot into recovery (flashboot usb)
-connect the phone into the computer
-flashing boot.img using command prompt
-reboot phone.

The operations went smooth, even on settings my rom showing is MidnightRom 1.1.2, but the phone still running on the ZR3DX rom, nothing added or soustracted.

Any chance someone had it done with TWRP S-ON and got it works and able to correct the wrong way I did.

thanks alot

The easiest way to install it is with 4EXT. Just go ahead and install that recovery.

If you don't want to, you need to format the cache, system, data and boot. Make sure you do a full wipe!! As for the boot.img, did you make sure you flashed it properly?

"fastboot flash boot boot.img"

without the quotations of course.
If all else fails, go back in install JMZ's shooter rom let it load, reboot back into recovery and reinstall it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ourson
Upvote 0
If you're S-ON, I've found that you can skip the fastboot flash boot boot.img by flashing from a recovery booted by using the fastboot boot recovery.img command instead. That gives the recovery access to the boot partition. I know; I've tried it myself and it works perfectly.

im S-ON and the only thing i do is flash with 4EXT like you would with any rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones