• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [MikRoms] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3.2 [02-25-11]

Gonna try to flash this in the next couple days and see how it compares to RR 2.2. Anyone out there know some of the differences off the top of their head? I run LauncherPro+ on top of the ROM anyways, so I lose some the cool features (like transparent app drawer), I know.

Upvote 0
Anyone running the senseless version? Thinking of trying this out but have only ran sense rom's and not sure what all i would need. Like launcher pro.

Yeah I removed sense I use LP+ so I can get the people and calender widgets that are so similar to Sense widgets. I don't know if your up to spending $ for LP+, but it solves a lot of peoples issues who have fallen in love with Sense. I don't recall the refund policy for LP+, but if the dev has one you could try it and see if it is to your liking

Upvote 0
But with Senseless, your contacts don't integrate with Facebook right? I think this is the only thing keeping me from running Senseless, as I use LP+ and don't really have a need for Sense other than this one part.

Taking Sense out of this ROM does not affect facebook sync for me. Are you speaking of the "People" widget for LP+? If so it syncs fine to facebook for me.

Upvote 0
Reactions: shred1
Upvote 0
I was using incredibly re-engineered 2.2 for a while and just flashed 2.3 last night. I'm having two problems.

First, google maps doesn't work. Everytime I try to open it, it crashes my launcher, regardless if its htc sens or launcher pro, and it won't open. So I uninstalled it and tried to download it again from the market but now it won't even install... not sure what to do.

Second, text message time stamps are three hours behind. I'm on east coast time so when I send out the time is right but incoming text messages bunch up at the top of my threads and say 3 hours earlier. I've tried numerous solutions after searching the forums but none have worked. I've tried different apps like clocksync, I've tried manually setting my time zone to different regions and then manually setting my time, and a few others. None seem to work.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Upvote 0
MAn took sense out and add launcher pro. But something is sucking my battery fast. have the 2150 and already charging. Something is keeping my system awake. Anyone who maked the swith to senseless version having this problem?
I did. I flashed the ROM with Sense and played with it for a bit and it seemed really nice. But I'm not a big fan of Sense, so I then flashed again (after doing another complete wipe) and also ran the "Uninstall Sense" zip.

After that I went through a fully charged 1800mAh battery in about 2-3 hours with my screen off most of that time. I popped in a 1500 mAh and fiddled around looking for a runaway app, but System Panel would only show System Processes - no other apps even showed up. I checked Spare Parts but don't even remember what it showed (this was a few days ago). But whatever I found in Spare Parts didn't help me.

I also got some FC's for the Lock Screen. It seemed like while the Sense interface was gone, some Sense programs were still installed and causing problems.

My next step would have been to download the zip again and start over, but I just went back to the latest CyanogenMod nightly instead.

It's a nice looking ROM and I might try it again later, but it was way too frustrating this time around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones