• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [MikRoms] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3.2 [02-25-11]

will the unthrottled data mod work with 2.4? and is 2.4 vanilla or no?

I did some testing with the unthrottled data patch. A few speed tests before and after installing it. I have come to the conclusion that it will not improve your speeds. "If" we are being throttled, I think its on Verizons end. My speeds have slowed in recent months but I think it is due more to more users in my area sharing the bandwidth.

It didn't help me but it doesn't hurt to try it.

Upvote 0
my speeds have slowed down a lot over the past week. and i dont live in a large community so i dont think its that many more users. i could just be being paranoid. lol.
also i have tried flashing 3 different versions of this rom, 2.2, 2.3.1, and 2.4 and i have had no luck with any of them. i get them flashed and it goes into start up, gives me just enough time to slide the unlock and then it reboots. and if i dont do anything it will not stop rebooting. has anyone had a problem with this?
heres how i flashed it,

downloaded each version to my pc (i only transffered and flashed 1 at a time)
hooked up phone to pc via usb cable, selected data sync
and used the click and drag over to the sd card
unhooked phone and turned it off
pushed down volume and power to get into hboot(0.92) then selected to go into clockwork recovery
deleted cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory reset
then selected install zip from sd and selected the which ever version i downloaded
it installed then i selected reboot system
it went through all this smoothly but then started rebooting

i did try to install a nandroid backup of my clean stock rom as well and flash over that but got the same result.

i read so many things i dont remember where i saw this but some where said you had to change the ending suffix to "apk" but im not sure what that was for.

any ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's a fast restart, bypassing the complete load process a normal restart does. What it does is reboot the Android shell, leaving your hardware still running. Good for shaking out some bugs and clearing caches.

How do you perform a hot restart?

and does anyone have an idea why I am still getting a "(bad) installation aborted" in CWM when I try to flash 2.3.2 or 2.4?

Upvote 0
How do you perform a hot restart?
Long press on power button, select Reboot, select Hot Restart. As for the flashing problem, have you tried a fresh download or verified the checksum of the one you have? Also, what clockworkmod version are you using? Were you trying to use ROM Manager to install the ROM, or doing it directly? Did you do a full wipe first? Oh, and are you S-off?

Upvote 0
my speeds have slowed down a lot over the past week. and i dont live in a large community so i dont think its that many more users. i could just be being paranoid. lol.
also i have tried flashing 3 different versions of this rom, 2.2, 2.3.1, and 2.4 and i have had no luck with any of them. i get them flashed and it goes into start up, gives me just enough time to slide the unlock and then it reboots. and if i dont do anything it will not stop rebooting. has anyone had a problem with this?
heres how i flashed it,

downloaded each version to my pc (i only transffered and flashed 1 at a time)
hooked up phone to pc via usb cable, selected data sync
and used the click and drag over to the sd card
unhooked phone and turned it off
pushed down volume and power to get into hboot(0.92) then selected to go into clockwork recovery
deleted cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory reset
then selected install zip from sd and selected the which ever version i downloaded
it installed then i selected reboot system
it went through all this smoothly but then started rebooting

i did try to install a nandroid backup of my clean stock rom as well and flash over that but got the same result.

i read so many things i dont remember where i saw this but some where said you had to change the ending suffix to "apk" but im not sure what that was for.

any ideas anyone?
I am not an expert but it sounds like you did everything you were supposed to (usually the data reset is done before clearing cache and Dalvik, but I'm not sure it makes a difference). I wonder if it could be a problem with clockworkmod, since it also affected the restore from your nandroid. Which version are you using?

Upvote 0
I am not an expert but it sounds like you did everything you were supposed to (usually the data reset is done before clearing cache and Dalvik, but I'm not sure it makes a difference)

Don't have to do data first, any order will end up with the same result, unless ur clockwork is buggy and isn't wiping correctly.

I always wipe Dalvik first, then cache, then data.

Upvote 0
How do I know if I need the 4x5 mods or the 4x4 mods? (sorry if this is a stupid question, haha)
I believe it refers to the number of rows of icons you want per page. Stock Sense layout is 4x4. For 4x5 all the widgets would need to be a different height. Haven't played with it though - I use LauncherPro Plus, which can give you either layout and resize the widgets accordingly.

Reactions: Jarpee
Upvote 0
I'm seeing an odd problem with the themed Market in 2.4. When I try to leave a comment, my typing in the comments field is invisible unless I press the field to highlight it. This occurs with both the Gingerbread keyboard and Swype. Both keyboards work fine in other apps, and the search field in the Market works too. Clearing the Market cache didn't help, nor did rebooting. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited to add: weird...I played with CM7 a couple of days and then restored IncReeng from a nandroid - problem gone! :thinking: Aha...I no longer have the themed Market, apparently it updated itself.

Upvote 0
I did some testing with the unthrottled data patch. A few speed tests before and after installing it. I have come to the conclusion that it will not improve your speeds. "If" we are being throttled, I think its on Verizons end. My speeds have slowed in recent months but I think it is due more to more users in my area sharing the bandwidth.

It didn't help me but it doesn't hurt to try it.

The unthrottled data patch is not for faster speeds, rather "not slower speeds"...read up at xda.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones