• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [MikRoms] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3.2 [02-25-11]

I am currently running the 2.4 version of this ROM, but still had the same issue with 2.3.2. Does anyone know if it is possible to perform updates on certain apps such as Gmail, Facebook for Android, Google Maps, etc.? It shows me that there is an update in the Market, but when I click on Install, it downloads it, tries to install it and then fails.

Also, I have a security pin for my DInc. Has anyone else noticed that when you go to set your Alarm, it asks for your pin, then when you try to exit out, it asks for your pin again?

Upvote 0
I've never had any problems like that either. If it were me I think I might reflash the ROM, being careful to do a full wipe (I have heard that the most recent Clockworkmod versions can sometimes need several data wipes - I did three :D in addition to the cache and Dalvik wipe) and only restoring data with Titanium for individual apps that really need it (and of course not for any system apps).

Upvote 0
I am running 2.4 as well, and cannot update maps or facebook. Also, when trying to revert back to the stock keyboard it is not letting me put it on. Any ideas?

Not sure about the keyboard, but are you sure that you enabled it within Settings, then try to use it through Input Method.

As for Maps and Facebook, I backed up with Titanium first, then uninstalled them. Then, I went on to the Market and installed the upgraded version. That seemed to work. Apparently, the previous version had a digital signature and the upgraded version had a different digital signature and since the two didn't match, the upgrade would fail. However, if you uninstall the previous version, then there is nothing to compare. Just a fresh install. Hope this method helps.

Reactions: mightymousehhd4
Upvote 0
You tried the ones stock ime keyboard from the mikmik website? I have been satisfied with the gingerbread keyboard that came with the rom, so I haven't tried others. I didn't know that keyboards would have to be sense compatible though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one.

I just tried to install an old version of my Shapewriter keyboard and the installation has been running for a good 10 minutes with no progress.

Upvote 0
Not sure whether it has anything to do with 2.4, but I haven't had to disable/reenable Swype in ages, and I bump charge every morning. It used to go wonky after every power cycle. It could have been a Swype update that fixed it, though - I reinstalled Swype at about the same time as I flashed 2.4, after not using it for a while. Does anyone else know whether it's got anything to do with the ROM or not? I'm a bit scared to experiment with it as long as it's working. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones