• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]MikRunny Beta[Sense 3.5] | GB 2.3.5 | 12/25/2011 | Odex and Tweaks

So I haven't tried any of the Sense 3.5 ROMs in awhile, and realize things have gotten confusing since I last paid attention... why exactly has newt released three different versions? Between the Supersonic3D, Supersonic3D XL Betas, and now this MikRunny Beta, I'm not clear on which is receiving the most attention/development -- can anyone clarify for me?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I thought this had fallen off the deep end

Flashing now

Yeah, thats the thing with mik/newtoroots roms, they never release those constant updates like other devs do. Which to be honest, I like when a dev shows alot of interest in their roms. But sometimes when they have a 2 day hype for an updated rom and all it ends up being is an "updated battery icon" or something like that...its kinda lame.

But with mik and newtoroot you know that it is a worthwhile update.

Reactions: JustSomeDude
Upvote 0
Yeah, I just mentioned it in the thread over at themikmik.

Hopefully this and the few other issues can be fixed soon, this runs smoother and quicker than any other Sense 3.5 ROM I've tried so far...

I need the camera:p Also, if you switch video camera to hd, it just closes out, just fyi

Reactions: JustSomeDude
Upvote 0
I need the camera:p Also, if you switch video camera to hd, it just closes out, just fyi

Agreed, camera is a necessity. However, someone just posted a work-around that will work for me for now:
But if you change the scene from "action burst" to "whiteboard" there will be no fc's... Only wish there was a way to make the "whiteboard" scene the default one so we wouldnt have to change it everytime we took a pic. Still an awesome rom though...
Make sure everyone's posting your issues over at themikmik so newt and mik can work on it. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know mik will strip the language packs so we will have more than 100mbs internal space. They always do awesome work on their roms though, most of the other 3.5 devs end up using the stuff mik/newtoroot get working on their roms first.

The one big thing that sucks about all of these 3.5 roms is that we dont (and I haven't heard if we will ever) have an official sprint phone that has sense 3.5 on it. That really keeps these roms from really taking off for our phones.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know mik will strip the language packs so we will have more than 100mbs internal space. They always do awesome work on their roms though, most of the other 3.5 devs end up using the stuff mik/newtoroot get working on their roms first.

The one big thing that sucks about all of these 3.5 roms is that we dont (and I haven't heard if we will ever) have an official sprint phone that has sense 3.5 on it. That really keeps these roms from really taking off for our phones.

Yeah, I doubt sprint will see another htc phone right away -- the next one to come out will most likely have ICS and whatever version of Sense that includes... (now if that has a similar screen size to ours and mik decides to try and port it, that'd be awesome ;) )

Reactions: ocnbrze and BrianJB
Upvote 0
Latest MikRunny Rom V1.11 - has volume/loudness tweak, that really added significant volume when playing music. Think this is the "beast" sense 3.5 ROM. Check it out guys.

I believe it's version 1.0.0, unless I'm missing something somewhere. I freaked out when I saw you had 1.11 in your post, I've been awaiting an update. ;) aamikam got sick before he could work on it, so it might be a couple more days. :(

These sense 3.5 roms by aamikam and Newt are awesome! It's either MikG or one variation of the sense 3.5 roms on my phone. You can't go wrong with a mik rom. ;):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones