1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][MIUI v4 4.0.4] 2.4.27 ICS!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Hey all, I've been using this for the past 2-3 weeks and I must say its awesome. :D

This is originally FERBIES but he has let swiper port this over to the EVO 4g for us.

Damn near everything works (except 4g... FERBIE says hes working on this for us though :eek:). One of my favorite features is the dual signal icons, which shows you both your 3G and 1X signal strength so even if your 3G connection sucks you can know you won't drop a call if you have 1X.

Note: For those of you flashing kernels this ROM does NOT have HWA. Make note of that. I'd suggest the Mason Kernel.

For those new to MIUI
    LBE Guard is you new SU app. It comes with root permissions disabled by default so you need to go in and allow root access before you try to run any root app or it will tell you your not rooted

Follow the thread on XDA:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1493631
    Full changelog:
    http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-4-6-changelog-ics.16064/

FIXES:
    USB Mount fix:
    [APP/Hack] USB Mass Storage for Ice Cream Sandwich [v.1.2.0-pre - 02.02.2012] - xda-developers

Sprint VVM fix:
    [APP ] ICS/CM9/MIUI- Official Sprint ICS Visual Voicemail LINK

Camera fix (if you dont do this the camera will only work at 3MP):
    download Camera ICS from market here

Other issues: Dt A2SD will give issues unless you move the CACHE to the SD card as well:
    su
    A2SD cacheSD
    Other recommendations:
    Vipermod -50 (if your phone can handle it)
    COD tweaks

There should be an update tonight, so I will be sure to post that up as well.

atljatl, Granite1 and frenchy714 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Cool beans. Thanks for the post!

3. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

there appear to be few different download options .. which one are you running?

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

DOWNLOAD MIUI 2.4.60---- thats the newest

5. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

this rom renamed everything on my sd card and changed the file extensions to some illegible garbled crap which my computer couldnt even recognize. I lost everything since i couldnt even rename the files so that i could move them to my computer and wipe the sd card of all the crap i didnt need. This might be a unique situation, but id be careful when installing this rom... I had to format my sd card. Thank God i had a few of my nands on my computer...

hove131 likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Very interesting... MIUI will add folders to your SD card much like any other ROM but I haven't heard of this problem before. I've been following the thread on XDA pretty close as well and haven't seen anything over there.

7. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

well, i guess you can add this to the list of random oddities... im still formatting as i type this... not exactly what one would call happy...

8. hove131

im scared to flash it now lol

9. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

ive flashed 53 different roms. And ive flashed back and forth between them several hundred times... ive NEVER run across this issue before and i hope that noone else encounters this issue either. Be careful...

10. hove131

rebooting ... fingers crossed ... kind of a weird flash from what im use to ..

11. hove131

flashed just fine .... loaded TB but its not recgonizing my phone as being rooted so i cant use it .... any ideas ?

12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

LBE guard is your new superuser app. Turn on root abilities from inside of that.

13. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Bro I feel your pain an while this hasn't happend to me that is why I have always suggested to backup the SDCARD. It was for those instances just like this. I really hate for you to be the example as I truelly know what is is like to be in those shoes (Vista) Fortunately because I am so anal about backing up even my backups I didn't loose all just a few things that were A) easy enough to get back or B) easy enough to forget.

Backing up your SDCARD to the computer only takes a few minutes as opposed to having to deal with what our brother here is dealing with. You can even write a Batch or a Bash to do the job for you.

doofus if you need anything let me know i'll see what i can do to get it to you.

youdoofus, frenchy714 and Rxpert83 like this.
  14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The newest update was just released. Check it out on xda I'll get it in the op later

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

frenchy714 likes this.
  15. nolimit06

nolimit06 Well-Known Member

My phone has a stroke when I try to run any ICS ROM and I really don't know why. I am running SOS N now and it's pretty awesome with the GO Launcher and GO Locker setup themed to ICS :p

Hopefully we will get a 100% stable ICS build sometime, hopefully a port of Sense 4.0 :D

16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Did anyone else end up using this or is it just lonely ol me?

17. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast

i'm trying to dl now but having issues with 4shared... :mad:... been running mik3.0 for a loooong time now and need a change... thought this might do until tommy drops his latest....

Rxpert83 likes this.
  18. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I think his newest one is on dev host. If your still having issues ill put it in my drop box

19. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

Haven't tried it yet. Been playing with Nolimit's Rom and using Launcher 7. A neat change.
    I've downloaded it and just haven't flashed it yet.

Maybe tonight.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  20. mike208

mike208 Well-Known Member

Just curious, but are you running this as a phone rom or in a slot using boot manager?

Downloading now, will try it out.

Also, I have never used Mason kernel before. Are you using the fso or non fso?

Rxpert83 likes this.
  21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Phone ROM, I don't mess with bootmanager anymore. I've purchased it but don't use it.

I'd suggest Mason kernel & Smurfing it out for tweaks. People on Xda recommend COD as another option

I am using the FSO. You want:
    Mason G series:
    Suitable for non hardware accelerated roms, including gingerbread AOSP roms. Works on things like Decks GB 1.3d, and AOKP ICS.

22. mike208

Thanks, I will try it out at least until Tommy updates classic, lol. I will look into the smurf tweaks. I've seen the posts, but don't have much experience running scripts.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  23. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Its pretty easy, you just download scriptmanager, open it up, locate the smurf script on your SD card, and follow onscreen promts. It gets kind of complicated with the new stuff hes added but he does a good job of explaining. Just use what he recommends

24. mike208

Is this considered AOSP? The first vipermod thread I found on xda said it was for AOSP. Just want to make sure I am using the right version.

25. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yes it is AOSP :D

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews