1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[rom] miui4dx 1.8.19[updated 8/23/2011]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Raptor912, Jul 22, 2011.

1. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert

Does the music player handle podcasts?

Advertisement

2. xmike

xmike Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan. I'm loving BWC on CM7 right now. I think when CM4DX is a final release I might try something new, but all the roms coming out based on it seem to have the same problems and more.

I just wish someone would get a fix for Stevens camcorder to be able to record in 720p...lol :D

Steven58 likes this.
  3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

all the other roms based off CM74DX only work better if they use the moto files that cvpcs and the CM crew refuse to do because they want the majority of the ROM build from src.

The Miui seem to work good overall but has some issies CM7 doesnt like rebooting into recovery from the power menu, it just reboots, I had to install Rom Manager to restore my backup of CM7.

4. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I've been running this since about 8 last night. This ROM is exactly what i'm looking for... I love my android phone but do enjoy my wife's iPhone as well. This is like my phone and her phone had an illegitimate child. I like my little b.astard ROM and as long as the battery holds out this will be my daily driver. I know most people won't like this, but I just simply love it. I liked CM7 and I love this... seems like I found the perfect ROM for me.

10splaya22 likes this.
  5. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

Off topic:
    Really frustrated with SBF'ing the DX...

The battery life seems better than on CM4DX. How about you guys?

6. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

I use the Linux method off a jump drive and it only takes 5 minutes. If you are not using that method yet I highly suggest it.

My battery seems on par with most of the better roms.

7. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Batt life is hard to decide now... I'm using the phone non-stop. I've blown through 8 pct in 1 hour. I'm sure it will be better. I did notice that after I took auto-brightness off it improved.... heck there is a slider in the toggles drop down, might as well do it your self. Here is a pic of my new main screen, w/ Miui clock widget working (downloaded from market and then set location) Only main problem is with certain apps, market things the phone is oversees so we will have to figure that out. Not a deal breaker though.
    [​IMG]

8. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

It's about the same as using RSDLite on Windows for me. It's just the whole process of SBF'ing that ticks me off. Can't even get the logcat to figure out what's wrong...

9. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

its just nice to have it on usb. that way your can throw it in your car and always have an sbf method with you as well as current roms. ;)

10. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

That's true...
    I wish we had a prerooted SBF; that'd alleviate some of the pain...

11. PlayfulGod

that might be cause its a diff ui on top of CM7 lol

12. md88

md88 Member

Battery life seems great so far, but it hasn't even been a full day yet

13. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

Sounds good. I've been wanting a bit of a change so I'll be sticking with this till CM7 gets to RC status.

14. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

The stock launcher was good but I caved and went back to LPP. Can't quit those widgets...

15. keegan1014

keegan1014 Android Enthusiast

Ok can't figure out how to get to my apps here

16. androy

androy Android Enthusiast

dooooo it.

17. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator

Lol!

18. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

Hey i accidently somehow removed FILE EXPLORER. how do i get it back!?

19. PlayfulGod

rip it out of the zip and put it on the sdcard n install.

20. keegan1014

keegan1014 Android Enthusiast

How do I get into my app drawer

21. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

I have reloaded quite a few apps that are not showing up on the launcher screen(s). They DO show up as installed apps and I can open them under manage application settings, but not from the launcher as I can't seem to find them........any suggestions?

22. PlayfulGod

long press the screen

23. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

not trying to add widgets, trying to find app icons

24. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Made a market fix .zip... hope this works... I know it did on my phone, you may have to go and fix permissions in system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml and to the system/build.prop to rw-r--r--.

Just flash through ROM manager.

SCRIPT IS SCREWED... WILL UPDATE LATER WITH A FIXED FILE.

25. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

can you point me to where this might be explained? thanks!

also, would that work on a mac?