1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

[ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mobstergunz, Jun 14, 2012.

1. i2c

i2c Member

We have to flash a different ROM just to flash this one? ******ed.

Advertisement

2. kake2k

kake2k Member

some people didn't have to, but some people (including me) got errors when they didn't so flashing the stock rom will ensure that it works 100%.

lifeblows10 likes this.
  3. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast

I don't see the need for having the Recent Apps bar since ICS has that built in by holding down on the Home Key....one less thing to clutter the UI.

4. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Android Enthusiast

I'd say anyone coming from Stock should do it. Once you are on a different ROM, then you won't have too. I want to say it has to do with the system files being odexed on our Stock ROM, verses the deodexed files on this ROM.

5. mastersoup

mastersoup Android Enthusiast

I absolutely despised that bar. I have recent apps in my app drawer, and my most used apps are on my home screen. It was needless clutter that I would never use lol.

6. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

Battery thing is fixed

Mobstergunz likes this.
  7. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to add a music change widget to lockscreen? As well as the leedroid option to use the volume keys as a move to next track with long press?

8. Hollaback12786

Hollaback12786 Well-Known Member

Read back a few pages and you'll get your answer about the leedroid stuff :)

Mobstergunz likes this.
  9. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

I read that ages ago I was the one who originally posted asking for it, I was asking for a specific feature out of leedroid.

Edit: to clarify I know that the entire thing breaks beats....though Personally I use a 150 dollar set of earbuds so I disable beats anyways

10. mastersoup

you ever look into widget locker? you can make literally whatever lockscreen you want.

this is mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if i drag the lock down, it opens up my music player (uber music). you can customize each app on your lock. i set down to be my music player, and then swapped its icon to just an invisible icon, and dragged my player widget down there on top of it.

Mobstergunz likes this.
  11. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

Actually I use a $220 set of ear buds and I still use beats.......

12. Faydes

Faydes Well-Known Member

Why o_O it makes almost no discernible audio quality difference, even when i hook them up to my denon headphones(400$ but i look like princess leia when i wear them....****ing HUGE cans...)

its basically a nicer version of SRS, which even with that, at high volume levels on good headphones, makes it sound worse. (audiophile coming out)

also thanks for that mastersoup =D

13. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

Makes a big difference with Skull Candy.

14. mastersoup

noticeable with klipsch image s4 w/ comply tips

15. Mobstergunz

I use Beats Audio for my music and HTC 5.1 Surround for my videos its perfect!

16. startak11

startak11 Member

Anyone tried flashing the latest version with 4ext?

17. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Android Enthusiast

FIRST OFF, i want to say thank you for creating a fantastic ROM, i love it; sleek and trimmed down, ultra fast. Its everything i want, in a ROM but i miss the stock lock-screen, specifically for the shortcuts. I have managed to get the lock-screen working without a problem and even renamed rosie.apk in order to have the corresponding dock shortcuts. But no matter what I've tried i cannot get the lock-screen shortcuts to work.

Okay, so i tried adding all of the missing APK's from JMZ shooter ROM, into your ROM to get the shortcuts back on the HTC lock-screen but to no avail. Even with a clean data partition i was not successful, so there are no other APK dependencies for it (besides possibly rosie.apk); I am wondering if there was something else done to the ROM when you disabled the stock lock-screen. I would really like a way to re-enable it for myself and possibly any others who also liked the stock lock-screen.

Thank You for a Great ROM Mobstergunz

18. mastersoup

lol have you tried widget locker?

pick your own theme, add your own apps/widgets/lock style etc.

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection - xda-developers like 400 pages of suggestions and themes, have at it. the lock screen should be the last thing you need.

19. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Android Enthusiast

I appreciate the offer but i have already bought widget locker, i am looking for the stock lock-screen shortcut functionality for its seamless integration with the rosie.apk launcher dock. Thank you though.

20. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast

I installed Widget Locker but all it did was install its locker over the stock locker in the ROM....what did I do wrong? LOL

Edit:

NM, I figured it out LOL

21. Kahroo

Kahroo Android Expert

Ok I am having problems with flashing this ROM. I extract Boot.img (Though it still stays in the zip file)
    And this is what I do
    Code (Text):
    1. cd C:/sdk-tools
    2. adb reboot-bootloader
    3. Fastboot flash boot boot.img
    Then from fastboot I just go into recovery and wipe the cache/dalvilk cache, then flash the zip, reboot and get stuck on the HTC screen.

What am I doing wrong? Also I am S-On

22. Mobstergunz

I haven't done anything besides add .bak to the end of the apks you could try removing the .bak from the HtcLockscreen.apk.bak and the Rosie.apk.bak and removing the Apex_Launcher.apk from the zip then flashing the zip it should work

best thing would be to Factory Reset and install the Stock Rom before you flash the modded Mobster Rom V

23. Mobstergunz

Use the new instructions

24. Kahroo

Kahroo Android Expert

Can't I just factory reset, wipe cache/Dalvilk then install this rom? It seems a bit tedious to have to flash one rom then flash another.

lowbo32 likes this.
  25. Mobstergunz

Unfortunatly no S-ON users have no choice but to follow them or they'll get a bootloop

Tags: