1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] More PB&J... | Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrynalyne, Aug 3, 2010.

1. johnnyc418

johnnyc418 Member

Anyone else getting FC with the HTC calender app?

Advertisement

2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Android Expert

clear your cache, etc under manage applications and let me know how that works out.

3. tehmonker

tehmonker Newbie

I am having the same issue as well. I cleared all the caches, now it'll open up for a split second, then crash, I'm presuming when it tries to sync with the cloud

4. athenslb57

athenslb57 Guest

same for me as well.

5. adrynalyne

6. tehmonker

tehmonker Newbie

downloading/installing now, will report back in a few min.

edit:

No dice, I used 'HTC calendar' zip and it did not work, same issue. Could it be something with the calendar sync?

7. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Member

i am using handcent...i tried with stock messenger too...i had the same problem with the pmf2 rom...i really wish i could get this fixed, i have a 7 month old and my wife is always taking pics and sending them to me and i cant open them :( and now handcent is acting really weird for me, i will text one person and that text will show up under somebody else's name? i have no clue what is going on...anyone?

8. adrynalyne

I will look into it.

9. adrynalyne

Confirmed the htc calendar crash, just trying to see what I might have missed, or what I can change.

10. adrynalyne

Working htc calendar linked in first post. Sorry about that.

johnnyc418 likes this.
  11. athenslb57

athenslb57 Guest

Thanks!

12. tco05

tco05 Newbie

Ad - Had a sync issue with the calendar. Wouldn't sync with the cloud. Suggestions?

13. adrynalyne

I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

14. adrynalyne

Hey there,

I checked and I am able to sync with the cloud. Is it hanging, or just blank? Have you gone into settings and verified that your calendar is showing? Lastly, have you tried a manual sync from settings?

Mind you I am working from a nandroid of a fresh install. So if you installed the HTC calendar, its probable that the new calendar and provider are conflicting with old data. A wipe may be in order. Make a nandroid just in case that doesn't fix it.

Keep me updated.

15. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Member

I tried installing the HTC-music to be able to use the music on my phone storage and it doesn't work. The stock music app doesn't recognize my internal storage. Any idea on how to get that working? Also I tried installing flickr from your previous thread cause I actually use Flickr and I still can't get it to sync. Any ideas. It seems that some of the old ones work and some don't. I was able to get flashlight and I don't know if the 32mb heapsize thing from the first thread or the camera issue are part of this but I don't have an issue with the cameras so far and I do have HD in video and I don't understand the heapsize thing so I have no idea about whether it works or not. So I guess just the music recognizing internal phone storage is all I am looking for. Haven't tested Wifi Tether yet. Found out last night that the one I had was having issues in the leaked Froyo so hope this works. I prefer Froyo.

16. opes

opes Member

I believe rebooting your phone was the solution to seeing the internal ram. I had the same problem, and its to early in the morning to recall exactly what the solution was.

17. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Member

Unfortunately that didn't work.

18. adrynalyne

Until HTC releases a Dinc ready version of its sync software for music syncing, it won't see internal storage.
    Stock music app was never compiled for Dinc, so same issue. The fix for this is to use HTC Music app.
    Flikr might need a newer version which I can supply in a patch.

Weazol likes this.
  19. adrynalyne

Try these, make a nandroid first just in case:
    htc_music.zip

Flickr.zip
    (Flickr may require htc sense, I don't know for sure)

Fezzik77 likes this.
  20. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Member

Thanks. I am starting this one from scratch after a wipe. I think I was trying to fix things that weren't broken and it broke things.

I was having force close issues with camera with this one. Seems odd but I think I killed the gallery. Ok nevermind I am just going to see how this goes and add flickr and HTC music back in. Thanks. I will let you know.

Edit... com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly force close? White screen with Green HTC that's it.

Edit 2... I seem to get the error from the Flickr.zip. Will try it without it and add the music and see what happens.

Edit 3.... Music works fine Flickr didn't. I can go through the web since Flash works now. Thanks.

21. tco05

tco05 Newbie

Perfect! Got it going :D Thanks again!

adrynalyne likes this.
  22. thepro8

thepro8 Newbie

hey Adrynalyne, Any chance you can make a HTC Mail patch? I found out I can't live without the email search function on my work exchange account. Thanks man.

23. adrynalyne

Sure. I will get that out today.

24. adrynalyne

htc_mail.zip

25. thepro8

thepro8 Newbie

So i should just have to clear my chache and install it or do i have to remove the stock mail app first.