1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM]{MS840} Number_Two v1.8 ~ ZVA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LDrifta, Jul 8, 2012.

1. zandersig

zandersig Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Prepress, graphic arts, macintosh
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Hi guys, I just installed "Number Two" ROM last night and I am still kind of a noob but I wanted to put the original LG stock lock screen back on (the one that goes up and down) and I see there is a .zip file for it. How do I install it, just like I did the ROM? Will it get rid of the way Number Two shuts the screen off cause I really like that I just hate the slide left or right lock screen. Also how can I change the system font back to the old one?

Thanks all!

Advertisement

2. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2012
    Male
    stay at home dad currently
    west Melbourne, FL

Yes u can flash the stock lockscreen the same way u flashed #2 and I don't believe it will change the way the screen shuts off and if u have the app ROM toolbox there's an option for fonts if u swipe to the left to the last page its on that page. I hope this helps u out and enjoy ur #2 lol ;-)

zandersig likes this.
  3. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Is there something better than version 2? Someone should have given it a real name.... ;-)

4. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Do you know the name of the version 2 font and the name on the stock LG font? How come you LOL'ed when you said enjoy version 2 (just curios)?

5. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Well I just installed the sock LG lock screen! Perfect, that is just what I wanted, awesome! Anyone know what the aosp lockscreen does or looks like? I also have one more question. If i were to softbrick my phone (knock on wood) how would I boot back into Rom Manaager or Clockwork with my phone off? Is there a special key combo or something? Oh yea how do I add more icons to the launcher like when you select which apps you want in the dock on the home screen all the current icons are black and white. I wish more apps came with instructions.... heheha.

Thanks all!

6. Mortician607

Mortician607 Member
    None

Aug 13, 2012
    Sprinklerfitter (fire suppression)
    Philadelphia, PA
    I don't have this ROM (yet), so I can't help you out much with the asop lockscreen for it. I tend to use GOlocker anyway.

In order to get to CWM Recovery w/o ROM Manager, you need to make sure that the phone is powered down then press and hold the power button and volume down rockers at the same time, like you're doing a factory reset. When it asks you if you wanna do a factory reset tell it "yes" a couple of times, then it'll boot you into CWM Recovery. Yes, it's scary the first time you do it, but as long as you have CWM Recovery it'll work.

For the last question, again I don't have this ROM so I can't say for sure. Usually a long press on the dock or the homescreen will let me add/delete apps to/from them. I'm using GOlauncher though.

zandersig likes this.
  7. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2012
    Male
    stay at home dad currently
    west Melbourne, FL

Hi sorry it took so long for me to respond back to u. and the reason I lol'ed was what is a #2, kinda childish I know but we here in the connect fam like to have fun and make jokes sometimes to keep the mood light. but on to the serious stuff, lol, the aosp lock screen is the one that u had when u flashed this rom on ur phone, I also am not sure what the name of the stock font is or the name of the font on #2. And the other post above mine is correct about how to get into cwm recovery but there is another way with the phone on, and/or in a boot loop, it just takes a little longer but if u hold down the power and vol down button and wait for it to boot to the hard reset screen and press the power button twice it will go to cwm recovery. as for the apps, if u long press on any of them from ur app drawer u can drag and drop them anywhere u like even on the dock also if u put one app on top of the other u will create a folder with the apps inside them even on the dock bar and if u download a theme say for go launcher or adw u can use there icons by long pressing the icon u wish to change, wait for the menu to pop up and press edit, press on the icon in that menu then u will have another menu pop up with a couple choices, u would want to choose icon pack, find the theme/s u downloaded and choose it, now u should b able to change the icon to whatever ur heart desires. Enjoy and I hope this helps :)

zandersig likes this.
  8. pcflip

pcflip Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    hmm is any one else having sound issues through bluetooth when playing audio? it seems like once we got past 1.2/1.3 I have been picking up more static and distortion, I flashed back to 1.2 and it went away, flashes 1.5 and its back but I like the improvements of 1.5 just need to figure out whats going on with the bluetooth.

9. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Male
    Graphic-arts
    Lynn, MA
  10. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    No job yet. Im underage
    Oakland, California
    A while I ago I remember someone saying that their phone was lagging while scrolling and he ended up fixing the problem but I can't remember what he did to fix it. Can anyone also help me on this? I'm getting insane lag while I scroll

11. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    My phone was lagging really bad so I flashed blitzkreig kernal over it and overclocked it. It runs really smooth. You can also try the smooth scroll mod or get the pimp my rom app. I think there are some settings that will improve smoothness.

12. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Me too.... sometimes real heavy lag!

13. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Hey bro, do you mind posting links for those apps and the kernel?

14. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Awesome! Just what I needed! :) I have thanked y'all but I wanted to say it also! THANKS A TON GUYS! Peace!

15. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA

I tried what you said and sure enough it booted into Clockwork! Awesome! Yea I hate that left to right lock screen!

16. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    The kernal and the pdroid/smooth scroll mods are both on this connect forum site. Check the sticky as well. The pimp my rom is in Google play, as well as the pdroid app if you want it.

17. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    I found the pimp my rom app but there is no pdroid on google play that I can find.

18. savtattoo

savtattoo Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2012
    tattoo artist
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    zandersig likes this.
  19. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    Its there. But make sure you install the pdroid patch first or else the apps will be useless.

20. itzpacmann

itzpacmann Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2012
    Just installed #2 rom the other day and this shit is amazing! Got it running overclock at 1.4ghz, blitkrieg kernel to smooth out my laggy scroll, battery life and heat on the phone are wayyyy better(even tho im running it faster), and my 3g and 4g seems faster too! I have 0 complaints and I love my Connect all over again.

21. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Well last night I fried "Version Two" ROM I was playing with the boot animations in ROM Toolbox and I changed the boot animation and when I restarted the boot animation just kept looping over and over and over so I went to Clockwork and put on Black Plaque to try it out and I must say that I like it 10x better than version 2! So far so good!I have not had any ghost reboots YET.... But on the app "Pimp My Rom" what settings do I change to smooth out the scrolling, etc.... It doesn't come with any instructions nor does it tell me what each thing does. I also keep getting an error from Pimp my Rom about every few hours, it says this "Sorry! The application PIMP My RoM (process com.androguide.pimp.my.rom) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Then I have the option to Force Close or Report and I have reported it about 5 times now.... Grrrr

22. zandersig

None

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    Atlanta, GA, USA

This seems kinda confusing to me. I wish there was an easy way to install it. Yea I saw it on Play Store but I didn't know what I was looking for. I was trying to figure out how to fix the slow scrolling thing.... ;-)

23. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...atch-smooth-scroll-data-throttle-remover.html

Go to this and download the first link if you want the pdroid mod, the smooth scroll mod, and the data throttle remover mod. If you only want one, just download them from the links below that.

24. SegamanXero

SegamanXero Well-Known Member
    None

I must say, I am loving #2 so far. I am very excited what you will do next with it. I can't wait till you theme the dialer/contact app in a dark theme as well...

25. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Male
    Graphic-arts
    Lynn, MA
    i stilll have much to do for this one lol hard without an actual device tho ;)