• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MS870][LOKI] Samurai ROM

I've settled on Cal for now.

On a side note, my wife's phone is JellyBean and I really like that her's has a slider in the notification window just below the toggle buttons for WiFi, Sound, Airplane Mode etc, to adjust the brightness. Really helpful for phones like this that do not have a light sensor. Any way that could easily be included? I have yet to find a solution in the PlayStore I like and you can't mod that with UOT as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
First I want to say thanks for this ROM... very pleased overall.

I just need some advice about tethering and whats working for you. The stock HotSpot is hit and miss even with a very strong 4G signal. Sometimes I can connect and it will work great and for no reason that I know of it will either drop the computer or lose internet connection (yes I had 4G coverage).

I tried the Wifi Tether Treve mod (and a few other versions) that worked great on my previous phones (HTC Evo, Samsung Galaxy Victory - Virgin Mobile): it would connect as unsecured connection but still wasn't very consistent.

PDANet/FoxFi app didn't work either... so I am open to suggestion - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
V/R
FB

Upvote 0
Yo GT, you ever get around to making a grape theme for samurai like you had on katana?
Nah never did. Purple wasn't too popular. Here are all the themes and everything else I did for the spirit which are scattered about in this forum. You can bookmark that page if you like.

Haven't had much time to mess with phones lately, been really busy.

Upvote 0
That's cool you got everything for the spirit on a single webpage, thanks for the link! And I can't believe grape/purple didn't get that much love, wtf is with that...? Tell you what though if you ever get around to that I'll rock the shit out of it. I'd just use the grape theme for katana but some stuff doesn't take with it. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get around to putting it together :wink, wink: lol.

Upvote 0
i think we read that gt had a f6 he was testing and that threw us off with the rim.however i found something interesting.i came close to it flashing right for me by installing the 12b kernal on the f6.i prolly was impatient and turned it off early but it actually looked like it was trying to install with a blank screen and the lights changing color

Upvote 0
I couldn't get the android email app to add my @msn.com email. After some poking around I found this and it worked. I used the live.com as listed,even though it's an @msn.com email.

Hope this helps

I figured out the pop3 settings as well.
I did this on my android phone but I think it should anywhere.

Incoming settings:
username: emailaddress @ outlook . com
password: your password
pop3 server: pop3.live.com
port: 995
security type: SSL/TLS
Delete email from server: never

Outgoing Settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Security Type: STARTTLS
Require Sign-in: YES
Username: same as username above
Password: same as above

Upvote 0
I did something with clockwork on rashr. Gave me a factory reset. Unexpected. I think i have clockworkmod now. I wonder if i am ready. I am totally confused right now. I don't know what to do.

Wait, i don't think i have it. I try to go to recovery and it goes to LG thing then says boot certification not verified or something like that. I am very lost

Upvote 0
Really? OK, thanks.

And also, do I need to download Gapps? I am new to this stuff, never flashed a rom.

I did something with clockwork on rashr. Gave me a factory reset. Unexpected. I think i have clockworkmod now. I wonder if i am ready. I am totally confused right now. I don't know what to do.

Wait, i don't think i have it. I try to go to recovery and it goes to LG thing then says boot certification not verified or something like that. I am very lost

Here's a guide for noobs...

http://androidforums.com/spirit-4g-...1347-easy-rom-recovery-flash-guide-noobs.html

Reactions: spottedmoon
Upvote 0
I also have the cleartalk version n i have no data connection w samurai or katana. When i switch back to stock rom, i have no connection problem. But on either custom rom, the only service provider that comes up is metro pcs. So i backed up my apn settings, n made apn backup n restore a system app n tried to restore them into samurai, didnt work. Its a great rom. Really really like it, but cant go w/o my data connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones