• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MS870][LOKI] Samurai ROM

hey. certain websights aren't working on here. they work on my computer fine but not on here..

Try going to those websites while connected to wifi. There is a website I used to go to while I was bored at work that won't load anymore. It works fine when I'm connected to my wifi at home though. It may be an issue with Metro and not the rom.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this sweet ROM . One , i was running katana before this and i had an app that was built in to the ROM that would let me get into recovery. How can i get back into recovery? I want to flash a theme. Thanks in advance.
To get into recovery use this free app in the link below from the play store if you have the official CWM recovery installed. The recovery is in the download section of the first post.

Quick Boot

Upvote 0
Check out my samurai. The lock screen is a moonlit samurai still workin on organizing and icons

Attachments

• 1376061340361.jpg
    1376061340361.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 1376061352922.jpg
    1376061352922.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 78
  • 1376061361996.jpg
    1376061361996.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 1376061373656.jpg
    1376061373656.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
For the past 2 days my phone has been acting really strange. It keeps on freezing and rebooting frequently. And now it takes long to charge and if it is changing and I'm using it, it is losing charge while plugged in.

Should I re-flash Samurai ROM? What exactly should I do?
It's really hard to give you a solution since I'm not experiencing any of this. I would check the apps installed first before reflashing rom since it sounds like symptoms caused from an app stuck running in the background.

I experienced the long charge issue once and I found that it was an older version of setcpu that I had installed which also made the phone hot while charging. Once I removed setcpu, problem solved.

Other than that, I don't have anything else for ya. lol

Upvote 0
anybody else have a prob w/exchange in this rom?
The CyanogenMod @mail app in this rom doesn't support exchange. When you click on manual setup if there were support you would get the exchange option, but instead you only get pop3 and imap. For exchange you would need an app that supports exchange for microsoft.

Try K-9 Mail which I believe supports exchange.

Upvote 0
Every jelly bean keyboard I find look different. And don't have the words showing up

Hey Mario, I'm pretty sure you have tried this keyboard but it's my favorite.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5
I have the google keyboard installed as well just to have it but pal is my main one. I have tried many keyboards from Swype, Swiftkey, etc. either they use to much memory or I'm not pleased with there functionality. Plus it has skins to pick from. They are having a big announcement on the 16. I'll see what it is.

Upvote 0
Every jelly bean keyboard I find look different. And don't have the words showing up
I agree... I ended up picking up SwiftKey paid version for free on amazon's app store the other day for free... I love it because as long as you choose suggestions, it will morph the buttons to accommodate your typing style. It also has like 10 default skins, with 3 or 4 of them perfectly matching the ROM I'm using...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones