• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM10 build 20120825 [ALPHA]

Man there's gotta be something we can do to get Motorola to give us the source info! Just not right!! Good job all in DEV team thanks!!

Sign the fill out sheet as this is the best chance we have at getting JB
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

Motorola will not release the source we have asked many times and it's always NO
Triumph WX435 / Discussion / Discussion

if the camera worked id use cm9 for my daily driver. I wish i knew more about development to help u guys out. Any advice on how to get started on deving?

Just wanted to personally thank g60madman for all the help with installations and always getting back to my posts its greatly appreciated!

If you want to get started with development check out MTDEV.us then check out the wiki.

Im pretty good working making gifs. Is there a program out there that u can convert GIfs to boot animations?

Check out the following link
[TUTORIAL]How to make your own boot animations (with sound if you want) - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Man there's gotta be something we can do to get Motorola to give us the source info! Just not right!! Good job all in DEV team thanks!!

I think in Motorola's (very flawed) logic they think if they don't release the drivers and make it difficult for other developers to improve the phone that users will get frustrated and move onto another (hopefully) Motorola phone - thereby increasing sales. Unfortunately for Motorola, in reality is doesn't work that way - this phone was a complete POS and without the many devs who have made it functional it would have been a tremendous waste of money. I, for one, would never buy another Motorola phone again, period.

All the devs who have worked on the many different ROMs deserve some serious props.

Upvote 0
I'm going to dig into this info soon
g60madman.Here's an idea i'd like to throw out to you.
Why dont we just create an rom just for the motorola triumph
With all the bells n whistles, like tethering, overclocking, with
better appealing graphics. Instead of calling it, donut, ics, or jelly bean, well call it
Something like Cerveza, beer, or whisky 5.0?
Instead of following everyone else, this is an awsone fone. Lets make it the
Best it can be.

Upvote 0
Let me relate a story to you. A Triumph was given to me back in April. Just after Easter I tried to install CWM 5.0.2.6. Did it wrong and thought I bricked the phone. Thought all I had left was a vibrating brick. Finally got around to sending to them in July. The Dolts at Motorola sent me a replacement claiming it couldn't be fixed. I took another Triumph I had accidently done the same thing to. Got to nosing around on here and discovered that I had simply deleted the mobile partition. Put the needed filesback in there and had the phone working in about 5 minutes.:D

Reactions: jmulvay
Upvote 0
Yea, the deodexed stock triumph file was what helped me.
1. Take battery out and let fone power drain for 2-3 minutes.
, if u dont wait long enough. False positive,
tll try to boot Instead of going to fast download, or clock work Mode.
2. Once in clockwork. Just wipe cach, partition factory reset, and dalvik cache.
3. Flashed the stock mt deodexed file which i wish i knew
How to post the link. NEEDS STICKIED!!
4. Upon reboot. Wallah 1 motorola triumph just like new!!

Upvote 0
I will be working on cm10 this week coming up. I did make a test build back on the 18th which adds themes and the new boot logo and some other stuff but still no data so its just for pretty. Last time I synced the cm repos wouldn't build. It looks like rukin may have fixed them 16 hours ago. Once we get 3g working I'll drop a release out. Just been focused on the camera for cm9 still no dice but hasn't stopped me from building.

Upvote 0
So I got a build done last night but no video or audio plays as at all, including ring tones in the control panel. Head phones now work but are useless since you can't listen to anything except the volume up and down. The CM team has made changes to the code which is causing issues with all msm7x30 devices. Just in case you don't know our device is an msm7x30 device :) Thanks to Rukin for guiding me to hack the code so it would build!

Anyways since so many revisions and changes are happening my personal stance is to hang back and wait till the code becomes more solid and they get the code to at least an R1 as it's going to be constant fire fighting like what we dealt with back in CM7. I know you remember "one build the camera works, one build the camera doesn't work". Even they admit they had to freeze to the code to fix stability for a week.

CyanogenMod 10 :: M1 | CyanogenMod

I honestly believe CM10 is going to be the biggest headache for the CM Team as they are adding in so many new devices with newer chip-sets and also trying to keep functionality for older ARM 7 and ARM 6 processors. I don't want anyone to think my personal stance is the stance of the MTDEV Team. I know both Rukin, Bsydz and B_randon are also working on the code. We all know the victory lap that Chairshot is still taking on the CM7 video flicker, and dsmryder has been hacking away on our kernel.

For myself I have a mental block and it's the camera and will be until I can solve the stupid thing. My personal focus is to go back and spend my time on CM9 as the code is stable and start at the beginning like I original did with CM7.2 slowly working in our fixes and see what I can end up with. Any who if you made it this far I appreciate your time, and with that off to CM9 land...:burnout:

Upvote 0
So I got a build done last night but no video or audio plays as at all, including ring tones in the control panel. Head phones now work but are useless since you can't listen to anything except the volume up and down. The CM team has made changes to the code which is causing issues with all msm7x30 devices. Just in case you don't know our device is an msm7x30 device :) Thanks to Rukin for guiding me to hack the code so it would build!

Anyways since so many revisions and changes are happening my personal stance is to hang back and wait till the code becomes more solid and they get the code to at least an R1 as it's going to be constant fire fighting like what we dealt with back in CM7. I know you remember "one build the camera works, one build the camera doesn't work". Even they admit they had to freeze to the code to fix stability for a week.

CyanogenMod 10 :: M1 | CyanogenMod

I honestly believe CM10 is going to be the biggest headache for the CM Team as they are adding in so many new devices with newer chip-sets and also trying to keep functionality for older ARM 7 and ARM 6 processors. I don't want anyone to think my personal stance is the stance of the MTDEV Team. I know both Rukin, Bsydz and B_randon are also working on the code. We all know the victory lap that Chairshot is still taking on the CM7 video flicker, and dsmryder has been hacking away on our kernel.

For myself I have a mental block and it's the camera and will be until I can solve the stupid thing. My personal focus is to go back and spend my time on CM9 as the code is stable and start at the beginning like I original did with CM7.2 slowly working in our fixes and see what I can end up with. Any who if you made it this far I appreciate your time, and with that off to CM9 land...:burnout:

I think ironing out CM9 while CM10 is still in a state of flux is the smart thing to do- there's little value in making a step forward in the code only to have a change the CM10 team made upstream set you back two steps.

I personally would be perfectly happy if we got a fully functional CM9 build for the MT and that was the end of it. Because of the hard work of our devs, we've taken a phone that was (as far as we know) slated to stay on 2.2 for the rest of its little life and pushed it light years ahead. A lot of contract carriers are a long way off from delivering Jellybean, so I don't feel like we're being cheated if it never pans out.

With that being said, I think it may happen eventually, the question is will the MT be so outdated hardware-wise by that time that it won't really matter. It's one thing to keep pushing the limit with a flagship phone with great specs and few problems like the S2 for example, but with the MT being a budget device, I'm thrilled to have what we can realistically get and don't want to get greedy. There will be a time when the best of the devs need to move on to better handsets just like anyone else.

In the meantime, thanks a billion for continuing to keep our phones relevant. :)

Reactions: shiv81
Upvote 0
I think ironing out CM9 while CM10 is still in a state of flux is the smart thing to do- there's little value in making a step forward in the code only to have a change the CM10 team made upstream set you back two steps.

I personally would be perfectly happy if we got a fully functional CM9 build for the MT and that was the end of it. Because of the hard work of our devs, we've taken a phone that was (as far as we know) slated to stay on 2.2 for the rest of its little life and pushed it light years ahead. A lot of contract carriers are a long way off from delivering Jellybean, so I don't feel like we're being cheated if it never pans out.

With that being said, I think it may happen eventually, the question is will the MT be so outdated hardware-wise by that time that it won't really matter. It's one thing to keep pushing the limit with a flagship phone with great specs and few problems like the S2 for example, but with the MT being a budget device, I'm thrilled to have what we can realistically get and don't want to get greedy. There will be a time when the best of the devs need to move on to better handsets just like anyone else.

In the meantime, thanks a billion for continuing to keep our phones relevant. :)

Oh, I'm sure we'll get it working. One thing is each release is bigger. CM7 is just under 100MB, with some installed apps. ICS is about 110 the same way. I still have an idea to help with the space idea, but like what G60 said, I have been testing some stuff and have finishge the long term test and have it where I can play with a bunch more stuff.

Upvote 0
Of course, its not just a quick fix to release Roms specially when cm team is still developing cm10. My guess is it will take close to 1 year before cm finishes the cm10 code. Also my guess is a lot of there developers are burning out. Its very tedious work coding and the have finalized cm7 and cm9 with in the last few months and then right on to cm10.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones