• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Thanks ex, your fix allows settings to stick since my upgrade from 8/10. I thought wifi might be the culprit. For a few days I was baffled that the torch notification would come on, but the torch would not light and wifi would start turning on and off. I still can't use wifi and bluetooth at the same time, but I'm looking forward to the day that I can use away from home DAAP streaming over bluetooth headphones while mowing the lawn or being in an area with wifi.

Unfortunately, though the headphone override settings stick, audio still plays only over headphones and not the speakers. This is unfortunate since I like to listen to podcasts or binaural stuff when going to sleep but want my alarm to actually be useful in the morning. If only my lady enjoyed being woken up to a scary story once in a while!

Upvote 0
I'll tell you the truth. I don't use JD.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I presume you mean the data isn't blocked during the times it should be blocked.

Yeah, it's supposed to turn off wifi and 3g when the screen is off. Actually i retested it, it looks like wifi does turn on and off when i turn on and off the screen. But 3g doesn't.

Edit: I'm using the 8-10 version of this ROM btw. Seems there are less bugs than the 8-19 version from what i've read in this thread.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's supposed to turn off wifi and 3g when the screen is off. Actually i retested it, it looks like wifi does turn on and off when i turn on and off the screen. But 3g doesn't.

Edit: I'm using the 8-10 version of this ROM btw. Seems there are less bugs than the 8-19 version from what i've read in this thread.

Juice Defender stops the data flow from 3g. Are you sure it isn't just showing the icon? Are you getting notifications that only come when the data it's allowed to flow?

Upvote 0
reg updates from th eapps i use from the market such as instagram and facebook thats it..iam running 20120819

1. Was the Camera Working, then it just stopped??

2. If the camera hasen't worked since you flashed did you wipe and clear everything you were supposed to??

3. After you flashed did you load any type of backup that may have had system files??

4. If the camera was working and then just stopped, was it around the time instagram got an update??

Upvote 0
My apologies for the latency. I have recently installed LinuxMint on my pc to get my feet wet in a Linux environment and hopefully be of more use here DEV-wise. So I've been busy fidgeting with that incessantly. Anyway! There was a requests in my MIUI test thread for this ROM to be tested and I actually started doing so long before the request was made. I just had to reach a stopping point to publish here.

Without further ado, in MS Excel format, here is the Dropbox link: MTDEV-CM7.2_Benchmarks_and_Battery_Tests

As I have mentioned briefly in other posts, the stock Kernel really is the best fit. In the doc you will find that I also experimented with b_kernel and the OCkernel. B_kernel generally had a bit higher benchmarks and battery life was greater or lesser depending on governor/IO config. For stability stick with the default and if you are concerned with battery or performance, adjust your CPU configs accordingly. The OCkernel had higher benchmarks in most cases and battery life was about the same in some configs and atrocious (reminiscent of the Stock ROM) in others. A major dysfunction worth noting is that wifi DOES NOT work if you flash theOCkernel over MTDEVCM7.2

Upvote 0
Only issue on this ROM's current stable build that irks me a little. Nothing against you guys, but I can easily live with the other minor bugs while you work on CM7. g60madman, if you could, please figure out what's making the GPS jump from location to location. Note that this only happens to me when on data and AGPS, Wifi works great with location features. Problem is, if I ever need a GPS, I'm never really near Wifi. So basically AGPS needs a fix, and this was no issue with CM7 g60style. Maybe it was CM7 that borked something? Or you guys need to revert one of the changes to the GPS libraries? Tried using FasterGPS to no avail, GPS still jumps around and will never lock in. Anyhow, enough complaining on my part. Madman, if you need help pinpointing the commit that caused the issue by having someone test each build, I'm all ears. I'm willing to backup my current setup and test away until I find the latest build with an accurate GPS lock. That should help you guys out a bit.

Upvote 0
Only issue on this ROM's current stable build that irks me a little. Nothing against you guys, but I can easily live with the other minor bugs while you work on CM7. g60madman, if you could, please figure out what's making the GPS jump from location to location. Note that this only happens to me when on data and AGPS, Wifi works great with location features. Problem is, if I ever need a GPS, I'm never really near Wifi. So basically AGPS needs a fix, and this was no issue with CM7 g60style. Maybe it was CM7 that borked something? Or you guys need to revert one of the changes to the GPS libraries? Tried using FasterGPS to no avail, GPS still jumps around and will never lock in. Anyhow, enough complaining on my part. Madman, if you need help pinpointing the commit that caused the issue by having someone test each build, I'm all ears. I'm willing to backup my current setup and test away until I find the latest build with an accurate GPS lock. That should help you guys out a bit.
GPS works perfectly fine for me even when I am in airplane mode. I have never used FasterGPS but does it have a way to clear AGPS data? the GPS status app I mentioned above can clear it. Perhaps your AGPS data is corrupted

Upvote 0
My GPS works real well too.
The only time I've ever seen it jump around when navigating or in latitude is if you lose GPS lock and it jumps to your cell tower location, but if it does that you should see a large blue circle around your (current tower) location. can happen in heavy tree cover, going indoors, etc. Perfectly normal. Difference between course and fine location.
Don't know if that's what you're experiencing or not...

Upvote 0
Hi I recently downloaded this ROM. I did wiped/factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. I get a strange bug: sometimes when I go into the settings of the phone and either check or uncheck a setting i.e., checking on automatic brightness, the phone doesn't change that setting. I would check the box and then hit the back button in order for the thing to save, but when I go back it retracts to whatever setting it was previously on. This bug happens to almost every single option in the settings such as changing the indicator color, changing the widgets on the indicator, changing screen timeout, etc. Another issue that sometimes comes is the camera. When I switch from the back to the front camera, the camera freezes up. In order for me to open the camera back again I would have to force stop the application and reboot. Rebooting also temporarily fixes the settings issue I mentioned previously, but the problem would reoccur later. I've tried re-flashing this rom several times. But I always end up with the same problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.

Upvote 0
Hi I recently downloaded this ROM. I did wiped/factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. I get a strange bug: sometimes when I go into the settings of the phone and either check or uncheck a setting i.e., checking on automatic brightness, the phone doesn't change that setting. I would check the box and then hit the back button in order for the thing to save, but when I go back it retracts to whatever setting it was previously on. This bug happens to almost every single option in the settings such as changing the indicator color, changing the widgets on the indicator, changing screen timeout, etc. Another issue that sometimes comes is the camera. When I switch from the back to the front camera, the camera freezes up. In order for me to open the camera back again I would have to force stop the application and reboot. Rebooting also temporarily fixes the settings issue I mentioned previously, but the problem would reoccur later. I've tried re-flashing this rom several times. But I always end up with the same problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.

deleted

Upvote 0
exProphecy and Tokens210 suggest these:
http://androidforums.com/4874929-post486.html or
http://androidforums.com/4875556-post489.html

Although I haven't really noticed any issue myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones