• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Wow I royally screwed up. I was using gapps for ICS, not GB! (Now you know what happens when you use the wrong one)

(Sorry for wasting your time guys)

Yup, did it yesterday 2 or 3 times. That and doing a full wipe and forgetting to flash anything before rebooting. Do it all the time, especially on days of flashing 10 or 15 times for testing.

Upvote 0
I really like this CM7. Only problem I have now is that the sound is too low when I hook up my phone on my car compare to stock 2.2.2. DSPManager makes everything gain except the volume. Bass gain is too sensitive.

Also another problem I found is that everytime when I try to multitask, for example, while talking on the phone, if I open the gallery, the phone restarts.

These are the bugs I found on this ROM.

Upvote 0
I really like this CM7. Only problem I have now is that the sound is too low when I hook up my phone on my car compare to stock 2.2.2. DSPManager makes everything gain except the volume. Bass gain is too sensitive.

Also another problem I found is that everytime when I try to multitask, for example, while talking on the phone, if I open the gallery, the phone restarts.

These are the bugs I found on this ROM.

Did you do a full wipe / dalvik cache before loading?

Upvote 0
Did you do a full wipe / dalvik cache before loading?

Yes. Factory reset. Wipe cache partition. Format Cache/Data/System. Wipe dalvik. Same problem no matter what I do.

One thing I wanna make it clear with the phone crashing on load is that it doesn't always happen. Usually happen when I have it on for a while. After rebooting by itself, it takes any load. It seems as phone is low on RAM.

Upvote 0
only getting like 11-13 fps in nenamark2

To help with stability we have moved back to the stock egl drivers for CM7. The problem with the updated drivers that Whyzor used, was no one knows where they exactly came from

Scroll down to the bottom to read the chat
https://github.com/Whyzor/android_d...mmit/268dfe8440c21e741fb1d34b79640d98768bc600

I spent about a month trying to figure out what ROM those drivers came from and I for one could not find it. The problem is when you update the system/lib/egl there is also files that need to go into system/lib/ and system/lib/hw. If you notice on Whyzor's commit there is no system/lib/hw file updates at all. So the drivers we where using are partially there.

If you are looking for faster video drivers I would recommend using the current CM9 as it's averaging 25.8 FPS. This is based on using Nenamaerk2, the average came from 5 tests with completely opening and closing the Nenamaerk2 app.

The new egl drivers I put into the CM9 ROM came directly from Qualcomm's developer site and are written specifically for Ice Cream Sandwich. Since Qualcomm has not released a true download for Gingerbread I for one believe the stock drivers are best way forward. They may not be as fast but I am sure you are seeing the difference in overall stability and smoothness of the ROM. If some one can actually find the whole set of drivers we can try to upgrade them and see if it helps.

Upvote 0
To help with stability we have moved back to the stock egl drivers for CM7. The problem with the updated drivers that Whyzor used, was no one knows where they exactly came from

Scroll down to the bottom to read the chat
https://github.com/Whyzor/android_d...mmit/268dfe8440c21e741fb1d34b79640d98768bc600

I spent about a month trying to figure out what ROM those drivers came from and I for one could not find it. The problem is when you update the system/lib/egl there is also files that need to go into system/lib/ and system/lib/hw. If you notice on Whyzor's commit there is no system/lib/hw file updates at all. So the drivers we where using are partially there.

If you are looking for faster video drivers I would recommend using the current CM9 as it's averaging 25.8 FPS. This is based on using Nenamaerk2, the average came from 5 tests with completely opening and closing the Nenamaerk2 app.

The new egl drivers I put into the CM9 ROM came directly from Qualcomm's developer site and are written specifically for Ice Cream Sandwich. Since Qualcomm has not released a true download for Gingerbread I for one believe the stock drivers are best way forward. They may not be as fast but I am sure you are seeing the difference in overall stability and smoothness of the ROM. If some one can actually find the whole set of drivers we can try to upgrade them and see if it helps.

I'll see what the Thunderbolt has. It has the Andreno 205 and GB.

Upvote 0
Though temple run still freezes
Make sure you have Temple Run on the phone's internal memory rather than the SD card.

I had had the same issue (TR making my phone reboot) and on a whim tried moving it from the SD card to the phone, then playing it. It now runs perfectly.

(Edit) Guess not, the damn thing just rebooted my phone again after I died. Shame, because it's a fun game.

Upvote 0
@G60 - I seem to be having trouble with that microphone muting during the middle of a phone call again.

I know for a fact that I am not accidentally hitting the mute button on the screen to cause it either because the mute "indicator" button is shown as inactive when it mutes and I have taught myself to hold the phone away from my face pretty far. It seems that every time it happens I'm outside or in my car, so the light sensor would be in use.

I didn't start having the problems until the day I flashed to 9/15 build, so maybe something to do with the old drivers? Was anything else changed that may tie into that?

Ill try to give more details if it happens again.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have Temple Run on the phone's internal memory rather than the SD card.

I had had the same issue (TR making my phone reboot) and on a whim tried moving it from the SD card to the phone, then playing it. It now runs perfectly.

(Edit) Guess not, the damn thing just rebooted my phone again after I died. Shame, because it's a fun game.

Will look into this, it maybe a kernel issue.

@G60 - I seem to be having trouble with that microphone muting during the middle of a phone call again.

I know for a fact that I am not accidentally hitting the mute button on the screen to cause it either because the mute "indicator" button is shown as inactive when it mutes and I have taught myself to hold the phone away from my face pretty far. It seems that every time it happens I'm outside or in my car, so the light sensor would be in use.

I didn't start having the problems until the day I flashed to 9/15 build, so maybe something to do with the old drivers? Was anything else changed that may tie into that?

Ill try to give more details if it happens again.

Will look into this. Maybe kernel related and or driver related. A new release should be out in a day or two.

Reactions: CornfedChris
Upvote 0
I want to keep all my apps and data with re-download again from market. Can i do upgrade the rom without a full wipe data/factory reset & advanced -> dalvik-cache in recovery mode. I'm running a 20120819 built and looking to upgrade to 20120915 built.

Titanium Backup root

It is highly recommended to do a full wipe / reset (factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik) before installing any ROM. HOWEVER you should always make a backup in CWR before wiping in case anything goes wrong during the installation. Titanium or Go Backups work, but sometimes there are problems restoring apps from them. I have not had this issue with Go Backup, but have heard it reported many times with Titanium. Do not use Go Backup Pro as it puts limits on how much data you can back up. You do not have to worry about the contents of your SD card and app data stored there; it will be safe during the wipe(s).

Upvote 0
I want to keep all my apps and data with re-download again from market. Can i do upgrade the rom without a full wipe data/factory reset & advanced -> dalvik-cache in recovery mode. I'm running a 20120819 built and looking to upgrade to 20120915 built.

You could try. Just remember. Any problems and we'll recommend you start fresh. At least clear the caches.

I'm going to double check with g60 if I should add the cache clearing to the ROM install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones