• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Hey I have noticed a rather unusual issue recently. I was playing around with SMS & MMS and noticed that if I send an SMS to myself it get the reply message from a weird phone number. Additionally, if I try to send a MMS to myself it will go to my Gmail inbox and not back through the messenger. I have no idea if this is related to this ROM (8/1/12) or a VM issue? What is going on? :thinking: Can anyone else replicate this?

I did both and SMS and MSM send to myself and they both came through the normal messaging app. You may want to check your settings out, and or reload the ROM. Not sure why this would be happening? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I did both and SMS and MSM send to myself and they both came through the normal messaging app. You may want to check your settings out, and or reload the ROM. Not sure why this would be happening? :thinking:

Update: I believe that it was just some very odd network issue because I tried again today and the problem no longer exists. Additionally, I confirmed it is working again with a few different friends. So it was not a bad flash of your ROM, Thanks :D

Upvote 0
I say yes, this rom is very stable and very smooth. Not to take anything from the g60 ROM, which is great, but I feel that i don't have to reboot my phone every once in a while to just make the phone run smooth as I did with the g60 ROM. I been running this ROM for the past 4 days and I have not had any force closes or anything crazy like that. I honestly have no complaints. I'm sure you will agree if you give this ROM a try. Of course keep in mind of the known issues, to me they are not a big deal. Great job Devs!

I see recording is not working, so I'll have to wait for that. I take a good number of videos with my phone.

Upvote 0
Stable as a rock! I'm beginning to think any crash issues I have from this point on are coming from my apps. Gonna format the SD Card and move everything back to it again soon. All that really needs to be fixed is the camera for this to be a good, fully stable ROM. Bonus points if you can fix flicker and HDMI. (I never really use HDMI)

Upvote 0
pretty stable although now i get restarts if i use google maps but after a couple of restarts it works. and i know u guys are working diligently on the funky camera even though the only problem i have with the front facing camera is it is being mirrored wrong but people on skype say i look fine on their end

Upvote 0
Did anyone else lose about half their battery life compared to g60style? I'd get about 30-50 hours on g60style, but no more than about 15-20 with this ROM. I'm only a light user.

Shoot I cannot believe that you get that many hours of battery life. I don't get nearly as much as you. That's mainly because I stream music all day and play games.

Upvote 0
Shoot I cannot believe that you get that many hours of battery life. I don't get nearly as much as you. That's mainly because I stream music all day and play games.

I only check my email a few times a day, maybe a few texts and some web browsing but I don't usually have the screen on for more than 15-30 minutes per day. I also use Juicedefender (free), not sure why the features it offers aren't built into android.

Upvote 0
Did anyone else lose about half their battery life compared to g60style? I'd get about 30-50 hours on g60style, but no more than about 15-20 with this ROM. I'm only a light user.

haha for me on cm9 i get over 72 hours :) i was like wow...and it was over clocked.... however this rom is more smooth since it doesn't hog much memory compared to ics so i guess this was worth it..for the swipe away notification...its implemented..but has to swipe to the left as i was used to swiping right. oh well. great rom so far g60,chairshot,and dsmryder! wonder how this rom would be if it was linaro :)

Upvote 0
I only check my email a few times a day, maybe a few texts and some web browsing but I don't usually have the screen on for more than 15-30 minutes per day. I also use Juicedefender (free), not sure why the features it offers aren't built into android.

I have been getting good battery when not flashing back to back test builds all night. I use Battery Monitor Widget that keeps a history on the sd card and can then give a round about average on battery life and have gone from 23 hours on G60 Style to a day and 3 hours on CM7.2.0. Night time is another ballgame all together and am loosing about 1% every 3 or 4 hours with data turned off.

I'm more like you as far as usage goes, keep all my heavy duty apps on my Kindle running straight up ASOP N7 Jelly Bean and then pretty much just use what is provided as far as CM7 stock apps go and will maybe load 5 or 6 other apps on my Triumph. Used to use JD all the time and miss the wifi by mobile location feature on the ultimate version. Had that thing set up to know every hotspot in Philadelphia. I have been spending some time seeing if we cant get the Triumph to sleep when an app like JD turns off wifi. Not looking so hot at the moment but have not given up. Also agree that stuff like setting sync schedules and what not should really just be built in Stock options.

Upvote 0
This rom is solid and fast. Great Job!! I just wanted to point out that Shazam and soundhound can't connect i'm guessing to the internet. also when I used the stock browser a couple times when the screen rotated and then rotated back the browser would close and when re-opened would be back to Google.

That sounds like a bad flash. I would redownload the ROM and do a full wipe and dalvik. I have not had any problems with the browser crashing.

Upvote 0
This rom is solid and fast. Great Job!! I just wanted to point out that Shazam and soundhound can't connect i'm guessing to the internet. also when I used the stock browser a couple times when the screen rotated and then rotated back the browser would close and when re-opened would be back to Google.

I had shazam working just yesterday. That was like three feet from the speaker and with people talking. I haven't touched soundhog yet. I'm going to look it up later.... Hope it's cool.

As far as the browser thing goes, you might have a bad flash or a rouge app that's waring on your stability. Consider a nandroid backup and a fresh flash. And double check your MD5SUM. It's there to assure consistancy.

Edit: I should of read the next post:eek:

Upvote 0
I just sent some money your way guys. It is not a whole lot, but its something. Anyway let me know if you need anything else.

Ideas and testing.

If you want to report anything (and this goes for any reports that go to any request for diagnostics, here or anywhere) Try to now what you were doing at the time of the issue. What you have (What ROM and apps, versions too) and how to try to reproduce it (play this, hit home).
This will help the person trying to help you.

And that goes out to the general public. Wasn't trying to rant, but the normal "it's broke" doesn't help. I'm an automotive technician in real life. I get things like "noise while driving" all the dag on time. And that's only to find out that the sun visor wasn't cliped in.

Thank you.

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
Ideas and testing.

If you want to report anything (and this goes for any reports that go to any request for diagnostics, here or anywhere) Try to now what you were doing at the time of the issue. What you have (What ROM and apps, versions too) and how to try to reproduce it (play this, hit home).
This will help the person trying to help you.

And that goes out to the general public. Wasn't trying to rant, but the normal "it's broke" doesn't help. I'm an automotive technician in real life. I get things like "noise while driving" all the dag on time. And that's only to find out that the sun visor wasn't cliped in.

Thank you.

I have been running the latest CM7 build for several days now and I have nothing major to report. All in all the build is pretty rock solid aside from the known issues. It must mean that you guys are doing your job well. Keep up the good work and just keep on improving each day is the advice that I can give you. Just keep working at what needs to be worked on and everything will turn out fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones