• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Myn's Warm Z

The issue with the loss of 3g after performing updates to the epst I believe comes from the way the new Sense handles activations and updates. For some reason you can't update the prl the same way as before. Also when I was trying to restore my data profile it showed like it updated but never reboot. Then when I would manually reboot and check my data profile all my settings were gone. So the phone would never register on the network. Even Sprint couldn't get the phone activated.

I even tried flashing warm z over a reformat and it still wouldn't take. The only thing that fixed it for me was to flash an older rom like Miks or Myns over a clean install. Sure enough once I rebooted the hands free activation worked and I was back online. I think it has to do with epst and the way Sense V1 and v2 handles things.

Upvote 0
The issue with the loss of 3g after performing updates to the epst I believe comes from the way the new Sense handles activations and updates. For some reason you can't update the prl the same way as before. Also when I was trying to restore my data profile it showed like it updated but never reboot. Then when I would manually reboot and check my data profile all my settings were gone. So the phone would never register on the network. Even Sprint couldn't get the phone activated.

I even tried flashing warm z over a reformat and it still wouldn't take. The only thing that fixed it for me was to flash an older rom like Miks or Myns over a clean install. Sure enough once I rebooted the hands free activation worked and I was back online. I think it has to do with epst and the way Sense V1 and v2 handles things.

well...this is a gsm port...they don't have prl updates, that is why the option is not in the menu.

it is interesting that 3 phones did not reboot. mine did just like it always had, but took a bit longer (10 minutes or so)

I still think it is communication related ...between the tower and the phone
the phone is wiping all of those settings, and then downloading them from teh tower when we do this... so in your case, along with the other three guys...the phone never made that download.

I have done this on both the z port and the mytouch port with no issues..but the z is 2.0 like you said. It could be that...but why does it not affect everyone?

Upvote 0
well...this is a gsm port...they don't have prl updates, that is why the option is not in the menu.

it is interesting that 3 phones did not reboot. mine did just like it always had, but took a bit longer (10 minutes or so)

I still think it is communication related ...between the tower and the phone
the phone is wiping all of those settings, and then downloading them from teh tower when we do this... so in your case, along with the other three guys...the phone never made that download.

I have done this on both the z port and the mytouch port with no issues..but the z is 2.0 like you said. It could be that...but why does it not affect everyone?

Not sure. I know previously restoring my data profile worked without issue. I could update my epst and it would always reboot properly. When I was having issues earlier this morning my 3g would never activate. When I would look at the mobile network settings it would show greyed out saying it was turning on but never did. Each time I would make changes to the epst it would say the changes were made but would never auto boot. I'm wondering if something is up with my epst.apk.

Upvote 0
Ok just flashed this loving it so far. everything seems to be working, except the known issues and I don't take pictures of myself nor do ihave 4G here anyhow. It's fast and responsive. I havent flashed the data governor yet or anything else. It's bed time. I'll test it all out tomorrow and let you know how it goes. like that sense went to supporting landscape homescreens.

Upvote 0
I still need to test in a good 3 area but I am convinced that stevcha OS correct. Something is wrong with the data menu. I flashed a nandroid of my previous Rom and it immediately picked up at the handsfree activation. Then flashed my working z nandroid

Well...I went into it knowing I had no good tower connection and got the same result. Goingbto try a few miles down the road tomorrow morning.

Upvote 0
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip_packages.
Installation aborted.

That's the message I get when trying to install it.....

Upvote 0
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip_packages.
Installation aborted.

That's the message I get when trying to install it.....

Do you have rom manager? Flash RA recovery then try flashing the rom again.

Upvote 0
I have rom manager but Could you explain how to do so through rom manager, never done it through there...thanks for the quick reply

In rom manager there should be an option to flash RA Recovery towards the bottom. Select that option and let the phone do its thing. Then at the top it should show RA Recovery as your current Recovery. Then boot into recovery and try flashing again.

Reactions: jdugan26
Upvote 0
Before you do that, remember that any nandroid backups you've made in Clockwork cannot be restored once you switch to RA. You're getting that error because you have CW 3.0.0.5. If you want to stick with CW, you need to downgrade to 2.6.0.1. That will work just fine. RA is great too, but just understand the consequences of switching to a different recovery.

Upvote 0
Before you do that, remember that any nandroid backups you've made in Clockwork cannot be restored once you switch to RA. You're getting that error because you have CW 3.0.0.5. If you want to stick with CW, you need to downgrade to 2.6.0.1. That will work just fine. RA is great too, but just understand the consequences of switching to a different recovery.

Good point. I always forget that part. Definitely an important mention.

Upvote 0
I still need to test in a good 3 area but I am convinced that stevcha OS correct. Something is wrong with the data menu. I flashed a nandroid of my previous Rom and it immediately picked up at the handsfree activation. Then flashed my working z nandroid

I want to see is flashing an older
EPST.apk will fix this issue. I'm gonna give it a try and report back.

Upvote 0
hey guys, two quick things...are we sure that flashing the data governor and then performings Mr. Eds tweak will break my 3g and I should not do this? Also i went ahead and flashed 2.6.0.1 and it is my current recovery but rom manager doesnt reflect that. it still says 2.5.0.7, not a big deal just wondering why it doesnt know i flashed 2.6.0.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones