• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Myn's Warm Z

ok guys...watch your 3g..... today for no apparent reason I lost 3g...and can't get it anymore. verified via a drive of a 6 miles radius, another stock evo in hand with 3g working. For no reason whatsoever mine just stopped and will not connect to 3g...restart, reboot, nothing :(

gonna flash infection nandroid just to make sure it isn't the phone

I noticed that if I disable "always data on" that occasionally ill lose my 3g. The only way for me to get it back is to toggle mobile network. Not sure what's going on.

Upvote 0
ya i am doing that right now and doing the partition and wipe and reloading it, should be fine, if not I'll just chalk it up as a loss and go back to Myn 2.2 or Kings Elite, love both of those..I appreciate the help as usual guys, much thanks!

That should do it. If by chance it loops again just do a battery pull again and try. Keep in mind that a new install of a rom will take a little time to boot for the first time.

Upvote 0
So my 3g speeds are abysmal. I ran numerous tests yesterday. All under 100 kbps. I called sprint and they said the internet for my tower is down. After it was fixed I got 250 wooo hooo. I hope you can read my sarcasm. Ii remember a day when I got 1.5m but doing the profile restore is not suggested on this ROM. I love this Rom to but I'm afraid I may have to leave. :(

Upvote 0
I flashed this and ran it for a day and battery life sucked. I went thru 2 and half batteries (yes I keep 3 at all times) Had to go back to Mik...

I doubt this is the rom Jim...I am getting slightly less efficient battery usage but we are talking maybe 5%. Keep in mind I use the sprint extended..yesterday 10am-12 midnight and I was at 12%..heavy usage all day.

It was great on the phone until I realized it wasn't receiving calls and had to go back to warm 2.2

no issues with calls here

I noticed that if I disable "always data on" that occasionally ill lose my 3g. The only way for me to get it back is to toggle mobile network. Not sure what's going on.
I thought this was normal behavior. I was under the impression turning that off lets the radio sleep...thus saving battery. Basically if you go into email or facebook etc and hit refresh..it should wake up the radio. Is that not the case?

The fact that this rom was based off a gsm phone and ported over makes me slightly concerned.
The fact that its by Myn takes some of that away, and its running great so far.

What are peoples opinions on this vs other Sense rom's ?

It's pretty good for a sense rom...and out of the three or four ports out there...it's by far the best.

and for those that didn't see my post a few pages back...sprint is reporting 3g outages all over the nation...blaming the wild winter weather everyone has had.

I am curious though those that are getting slow speeds on this rom..are you telling me that once you switched to another rom your speeds increased? it doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0
They said they were working on it and to give them 4 hours. After 4 hours I saw marked improvement. But still pathetic. I'm wasn't blaming the Rom lol. I'm sayin I got up to 1.5 m when I did your profile restore trick and it doesn't want to work well on this rom so I will have to go to a rom where I can update profile without issue so i can see if I get my speeds back up with your 3g fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones