• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] n_i_x's MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for the update on this ROM but seeing it might be a while, I decided to load the most current one. I have a few things that can hopefully be fixed.

1.When using the keyboard to type, it doesn't correct or give a suggestion for the spelling of a word that is spelled wrong. I went through the settings and Quick fixes and Show suggestions both have a check mark in them.

2.While in the lock screen, there is an icon for messaging that displays how many unread messages there are. I use Handcent and have all notifications turned off for the stock messaging app. After checking my messages through Handcent, the unread message counter on the lock screen doesn't go away unless I check the messages through the stock app. Is there a way to correct that?

3.When I dial *228 to update my roaming capabilities, I keep getting the following error message and the call gets cancelled:

Attachments

• 20100928_184710.jpg
    20100928_184710.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
I was waiting for the update on this ROM but seeing it might be a while, I decided to load the most current one. I have a few things that can hopefully be fixed.

1.When using the keyboard to type, it doesn't correct or give a suggestion for the spelling of a word that is spelled wrong. I went through the settings and Quick fixes and Show suggestions both have a check mark in them.

2.While in the lock screen, there is an icon for messaging that displays how many unread messages there are. I use Handcent and have all notifications turned off for the stock messaging app. After checking my messages through Handcent, the unread message counter on the lock screen doesn't go away unless I check the messages through the stock app. Is there a way to correct that?

3.When I dial *228 to update my roaming capabilities, I keep getting the following error message and the call gets cancelled:

1. The stock keyboard shows suggestions and spelling for me....that's odd yours does not

2. I used to use handcent, but I absolutely love this stock vanilla sms app. I don't know this answer

3. It took 3 calls for me, but it did work the 3rd time using *22899 option (which is the same as doing *228 then option 2)

Upvote 0

I am having the same issues regarding #1 and #2. I am in the Swype beta and that offers spelling suggestions for me. Try switching keyboards. I haven't found an answer for #2 yet however. Any help on this issue would be appreciated as it can be quite annoying after reading all of your texts handcent and seeing 68 unread messages on your lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is everyone changing their radios and hboot as the directions say? I have everything stock sense ui. I have never flashed a rom yet and am wondering if these steps are necessary because I have read opposing viewpoints on the issue.

To be more clear the radio I have is 2.15.00.07.28.

I do not know what hboot is though or how I can figure what I am running. Could anyone fill me in please.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Is everyone changing their radios and hboot as the directions say? I have everything stock sense ui. I have never flashed a rom yet and am wondering if these steps are necessary because I have read opposing viewpoints on the issue.

I'd say if the developer of a ROM says to use a certain hboot/radio, then I'd do it. If they don't seem to require a specific hboot/radio then it is going to have to be up to you.

Upvote 0
I do not know what hboot is though or how I can figure what I am running. Could anyone fill me in please.

Thanks

Turn the phone off
hold down Volume down and power phone back up
at the hboot screen you should see something like this

1280139425.jpg

you'll see the hboot version along with the radio version listed at the top of the screen :)

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Thank you very much!

So I have hboot version 0.92 already. My radio is different though. The instructions require 2.15.00.09.01 but I have 2.15.00.07.28. What are the consequences of running a rom of an unrecommended radio? Can a radio be flashed if needed after flashing the ROM? And one more question :) thanks for bearing with me. Do you flash the rom the same way as the ROM, through recovery?

Upvote 0
Thank you very much!

So I have hboot version 0.92 already. My radio is different though. The instructions require 2.15.00.09.01 but I have 2.15.00.07.28. What are the consequences of running a rom of an unrecommended radio? Can a radio be flashed if needed after flashing the ROM? And one more question :) thanks for bearing with me. Do you flash the rom the same way as the ROM, through recovery?

I believe if you try to run a ROM without the required radio you'll probably error out or maybe not even boot

As far as flashing a radio (which I think is what you meant) you put the PB31IMG.zip file of the new radio in the root of your SD card, power the phone off, hold the volume button down and power the phone up - when it boots to hboot it should see the PB31IMG file and ask if you want to update it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried to run the v3 with a different boot? I have 77 and have read about things happening when trying to update to 92.
Thanks.

Edit: Just flashed 92 bootloader, no guts no glory right? Now I have bootloader loop. Restoring to original Nandroid. LOL

Edit 2: Seems to be loading Uncommon Sense back up. I'll make sure everything is good then just install MIUI and see how it works.

Upvote 0
For the record I'm on hboot 77 (thought it was 79 as I posted in earlier posts I was incorrect srry) and radio 2.15.00.07.28 and v .2 of MIUI works just fine. I'm about to install v .3 I'll let you know if I encounter any issues.

The 1 issue I did stumble upon during the install of .2 is that you get an error (status 7) and it tells you installation was aborted. HOWEVER, when you go to reboot your device MIUI loads up fine. This is a known issue for many over at xda.

I'm of the sort where if it works I don't care about the install error, but that's just me :)

Will let you know in a little while if it works.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
I saw over at Inc's xda site that someone thinks they fixed bluetooth and is looking for a guinea pig. So im sure the ROM will get updated again as soon as Inc logs on. Shouldn't be much longer Grandmaster B before you have your bluetooth back.

Was just about to post this lol. Jermaine at XDA has some pretty exciting preliminary results in on the BT. Quoted from him "I don't have a BT car stereo or BT stereo headphones to test, so the only thing I know for a fact is working is BT turns on, pairs with my BT headset, voice dials and can hear/talk."

Master you hearin this! :D things are looking up for ya if your diggin' this ROM

Click here to view thread

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Was just about to post this lol. Jermaine at XDA has some pretty exciting preliminary results in on the BT. Quoted from him "I don't have a BT car stereo or BT stereo headphones to test, so the only thing I know for a fact is working is BT turns on, pairs with my BT headset, voice dials and can hear/talk."

Master you hearin this! :D things are looking up for ya if your diggin' this ROM

Click here to view thread

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS!!!

Use the emergency line and call me at home next time! :p I am a perfect guinea pig.

Upvote 0
The 1 issue I did stumble upon during the install of .2 is that you get an error (status 7) and it tells you installation was aborted. HOWEVER, when you go to reboot your device MIUI loads up fine.

Thanks for the tip. Had no choice to reboot by that time anyway but I felt better after reading your input. 0.77 hboot and 7/28 radio here. Checking out the ROM now. I've been avoiding this one but curiosity finally got the best of me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones