• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 08-10-2013

A rom zip should always be 530-540MB, if it isn't something is wrong

The thing about oasvn is for some reason it has .SVN folders in every directory. I haven't played with it to figure out how to solve the problem other than the script I was talking about. I've been busy lately, hopefully I can get something going very soon

Now going to go with I have no idea what I am doing and may have to point the svn updating idea :rolleyes: I created the repository link a said. Did the checkout which put the for in the OAS VN folder and is says it is 1.62 GB. Ran update which says it completed. My confusion seems to come with what is next to create the actual update zip.

Upvote 0
Yeah that is much easier and I guess just the updates so why it's smaller? The other way game me like 800mb of zip! Now, when we update does that get replaced or is that the issue negga was talking about with svn? I assuming since I gave only done it once I am fine at the moment. That gave me about a 16mb zip. Does that seem correct?

I ended up with 1 gig zip files using it. I switched to tortoise shortly after.

Upvote 0
I was trying to use the svn on the phone idea from the op. Now I am on my computer and not the phone and see the SVN for phone as not working. Downloading windows version now.

I'll definitely let you guys know when I get it going, so feel free to keep it if you would like :)

Reactions: wigginst
Upvote 0
Once I get tortoise all set up will I just do the SVN update step then? Following the guide the first part looks like it creates a full rom, which I already have (on 50). So can I then just do the SVN updates or do I need to do the full rom again?

Even if you have the rom, you still need to checkout the first time. After that you do the update check to check for new version is all. Once your checkout/update is complete, Just click negazip and wait about a minute

Upvote 0
Once I get tortoise all set up will I just do the SVN update step then? Following the guide the first part looks like it creates a full rom, which I already have (on 50). So can I then just do the SVN updates or do I need to do the full rom again?

The svn process creates the full zip. The source files get modified, sometimes is just a megabyte of change, sometimes it's 50 megabytes. The point of svn is that YOU make the zip, and never have to download a 500 megabyte zip again.
Try to be consistent each time you flash. Once, I forgot to uncheck Facebook app in Aroma, and I had trouble removing it completely. I wiped everything and started fresh.

Upvote 0
Ok, so when I do the SVN update it updates the changed files and then when I zip it creates the full new rom? Just trying to make sure what I am doing here. This zip can then be flashed without it wiping data and everything? Just cache and dalvik?

When you flash on top. only leave system checked in the wipe options, nothing else. cache and dalvik is taken care of anyway at the end of the rom install :)

Reactions: wigginst
Upvote 0
Ok, so when I do the SVN update it updates the changed files and then when I zip it creates the full new rom? Just trying to make sure what I am doing here. This zip can then be flashed without it wiping data and everything? Just cache and dalvik?

Yes, a full new rom.
I recommend you wipe cache and dalvik with your recovery. Then in the aroma settings, wipe only the system partition. Leave everything else unchecked including filesystem optimization...everything on the aroma wipe screen is unchecked except system.
Negamann says you don't even need to wipe the cache as the rom install does it at the end of the install. I myself am set in my ways, so I wipe cache myself before install.

Edit: it seems negamann types faster than I do when I'm watching TV and using my phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, a full new rom.
I recommend you wipe cache and dalvik with your recovery. Then in the aroma settings, wipe only the system partition. Leave everything else unchecked including filesystem optimization...everything on the aroma wipe screen is unchecked except system.
Negamann says you don't even need to wipe the cache as the rom install does it at the end of the install. I myself am set in my ways, so I wipe cache myself before install.

Edit: it seems negamann types faster than I do when I'm watching TV and using my phone.

No way, man! I'm so glad that answers are there even when I'm not! Thanks!!!

btw your answer was perfect :)

Upvote 0
Tortoise set up. Check out done. The liquid solstice instructions say I should see green check marks on things but there are none in my folder. Did something go wrong or is this correct? File size is 1.2 GB so seems like it is all there. Did the SVN update. Created the zip and it came out at 532 mb which seems about right. After update said I was at version 54.

Upvote 0
Tortoise set up. Check out done. The liquid solstice instructions say I should see green check marks on things but there are none in my folder. Did something go wrong or is this correct? File size is 1.2 GB so seems like it is all there. Did the SVN update. Created the zip and it came out at 532 mb which seems about right. After update said I was at version 54.
Sounds right.

You should have gotten green check marks on the ROM folders after you did the SVN update to r54.

ramjet73

Reactions: negamann303
Upvote 0
Flashed the update and all seems to be working fine. Have noticed I am not seeing the google play services stopping message any more. Looks like the only thing I missed in aroma was forgot to add back in OASVN app (ironic huh) but since it isn't working right now i'll cross that bridge when it is.

Thanks for all of the help guys. It's cool to have learned something new even if it did take awhile. But now MUCH easier updating in the future!

Reactions: negamann303
Upvote 0
Noticing something: I can't seem to get eomjis to work on here. I use Kii keyboard with the iPhone and hand cent ones enabled. They just store up as little boxes when I add them and the same when other people post with them.

On the plus side: have the green check marks now :^) Updated up to 56 now so I have managed to do it twice without issues. This definitely easier than downloading a huge update file to the phone each time!

Upvote 0
An oddity after 56 update is that sweep to put it to sleep doesn't seem to work more when it did before. Sweep to wake is fine but going the other way isn't. Was there any sort of change that would have caused this?

If you enabled built in screenshot, There's a chance it conflicts with s2w. you can always delete Mysketcher.apk from /system/app then reboot to see if that solves the issue. Kernel tuner also takes care of s2w settings

Noticing something: I can't seem to get eomjis to work on here. I use Kii keyboard with the iPhone and hand cent ones enabled. They just store up as little boxes when I add them and the same when other people post with them.

On the plus side: have the green check marks now :^) Updated up to 56 now so I have managed to do it twice without issues. This definitely easier than downloading a huge update file to the phone each time!

I'm looking into the handcent issues. I did a logcat of the close, but it still doesn't make sense as to why it just closes. It worked then just stopped and I didn't even touch any files that would affect it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones