1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] Nocturnal Xplod XE E4G Android 2.3.4 Sony Bravia Engine!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Not mine, but looks great!

[ROM] Nocturnal Xplod XE E4G Android 2.3.4 Sony Bravia Engine! - xda-developers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i just saw this on xda. looks good. not sure what the difference is between this and the old xplod rom. looking into it now. thanx for the heads up.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The sony bravvia engine looks intriguing. I'm going to do a nandroid and give this and the other new one a go now.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

youdoofus and Rxpert83 like this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I tried to flash this last night but I think I had a bad download, the install failed. Will try again tomorrow

Thanks for that video as well. That looks awesome!

6. joeDetroit

joeDetroit Lurker

Flashed this yesterday (merry Christmas to me ;) ) and so far it looks good.

My only real issue (and it may not apply to you) is that the Astrid Tasks widget doesn't work.

So far, I'm liking this ROM, so props to TN

7. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

very nice!! ive actually been running the old xplod rom for quite a while now with a variety of tiamat sbc kernels to see what the best combo for me would be, and ive been severely lovin it! Its pretty b-a! Ill prolly give this one a whirl in lieu of a fully functional ICS rom :) im betting that i wont hafta do much for wiping/factory reset, but we'll see lol Thanks for posting this RX :) sidenote: im just blown away at how this forum just keeps on truckin even after the year and a half that this device has been out! Too many people to give props to, but much android love to y'all! You know who you are :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. Team420

Team420 Well-Known Member

I guess the biggest difference is that the old xplod rom was AOSP, this new xplod rom is sense based.... They r quite similar, been running the old xplod for about a month now, and I like it, but def a lil buggy (as with almost every AOSP rom Ive tried...) This new one looks promising, but Ima wait for them to work out some of the bugs... Its pretty sweet for alpha tho... Looking forward to beta! :)

NaterTots, ocnbrze and youdoofus like this.
  9. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

WOAH!!! I flashed this rom and it reverted my phone to a state that resembled the first time i installed an aftermarket rom!! I was not pleased, so i then tried to restore my nand, and that was an utter failure! Did a buncha wipes and restored, same state of affairs. Did a factory reset, and restored and I got back to where I was before trying out this rom. Long story short, flashaholic beware. Its kind of a weird rom install process here

my browser had been sitting on this page for a couple hours before i posted this and didnt see team420's post till after i posted. The sense base explains alot... thanks for clearing that confusion up for me Team :) that does indeed explain alot lol

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

So I finally flashed this today. I downloaded version .0.0.7 from the XDA thread.

I did flash it into Boot Manager with out any problems.

What a great looking Rom. The colors are really different compared to what's normally in an EVO 4G rom. The only issue's I had are that there are a few things missing from the .0.0.7 build. Gtalk, market, And the Personalize button in settings isn't working for me.

I'm hoping that the next update resolves this stuff as it's that nice. It's a Sense 3.0 rom but it doesn't have the Carousel. It does have working 4G and most other stuff. The new tweak settings aren't in it but maybe down the road?

If your looking for a change this is really nice. I plan to keep my eye on it.
    Evo4gnoob, is a user on XDA and he's really enjoying this. So maybe XSMagical will keep it going.

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Android Enthusiast

What kernel are you guys flashing with this?

12. NaterTots

I just left the baked in Kernel with this.

In regards to it missing some stuff you might find the .0.0.4 build to be better. Although I haven't tried it but going by the discussion at XDA that missing apps were already in it.
    Unless you know how to move apk's into a rom. I don't know how to do that.

13. Diablo67

Diablo67 Well-Known Member

That roms been out several months,after magical posted it,he never returned to update it or respond to comments,it still has a few bugs,i think magical found another project,if i heard correctly he got a different phone,now hes developing for that one.Hopefully if hes not gonna finish this rom,i hope someone else picks it up.I used the RLS version and it rocks.So i was kinda looking foward to a finished XE version.

14. NaterTots

Diablo67, Thanks for the heads up.

I know it had been out for quite some time. I thought there was still work being done on it. I didn't know that Magical had moved onto something else.

Evo4gnoob, put together a zip with fixes for it but he's only been giving it out if PM'ed. Maybe he'll do more with it. I don't know. Too bad though as it looks great.

15. Diablo67

Well,well,1 heads up for another,i had no idea about noob creating fixes for it,well let me pm him and chew him a new one.Thanks brother.

16. NaterTots

Uh, you didn't hear it from me.
    You read it in the thread over at XDA;)

17. Diablo67

I must have missed that post,i gave up after a few times i viewed the thread.

18. NaterTots

Post #300.

I do hope that Magical keeps it going. Quite a few flashed it the last couple of days. I guess his internet is down so that may be part of the problem.

19. NaterTots

I made a mistake. The new Tweak settings that most of the Roms have these days are included. it's just not in the settings tab but in the Nocturnal tweaks app included with the rom.

Still a very nice rom.

Naters

20. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Android Enthusiast

Flashed... played...nand restored..

It was just missing too much.... Too bad though, really quite nice

21. NaterTots

Yeah i am in the same boat. I think it looks incredible but for me there is too much missing. I was running out of space in the Boot Manager slot and I have really grown accustomed to 7 home screens. I did run it for 2 full days though. It also has the Anthrax 004 Kernel baked into it.

Music sounded very nice.:D

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews