• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Nov-13 MeanROM ICS v6.3 | 2.13.651.1 | Mods | Batt saver | OC 1.7 Ghz

ok not sure if those ringtones will stick like that. have you tried and just put them on the card? or maybe once the rom is flashed then move it to the system/media partition.

I have tried all of those ways...I might try another ROM later today to see if that fixes the problem. Anyone have any suggestions for a good Sense based ROM?

Upvote 0
The above works just fine, or if you want to add em before flashing follow below. :)

If you want to have those show up properly you need to open the Rom up with an archive app like 7zip. Open it up and drag and drop the FOLDER you want the ringtones in out of the Rom.zip. add the songs into that folder. Then open the Rom up again from 7zip, then drag AMD drop the FOLDER back in. Hit the up folder button in the top left hand side to go up. This should give you a prompt to update the archive, select yes. Then exit.

This will properly add the files in for you. :)

I went through this when I played with themeing many moons ago.

Reactions: jl79 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well it seems that I cant get any of the tones to show up with any ROM...I have tried three different ROMs and had no luck. I am wondering if this something that happened during the rooting process because all of the ringtones, notification sounds and alarms showed up just fine before. The thing I can't understand is why even the tones that come with the ROMs aren't even showing up...the only options I get are Default and Facebook Pop.

Upvote 0
You can also place any audio files you want to use as ringtones or notifications on your SD card.

Make a folder structure like this:

Media / Ringtones - This is where you put the ringtones
Under the same Media folder: / Notifications - place the noitification files in here

They'll show up when you select to change a ringtone or notification. :)

I do this because I flash different roms all the time, gets to be a PITA adding files into every rom. ;)

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0
Okay, so I think I figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to correct it. When I use ES File Explorer to look around my phone and SD card I noticed that there is a two SD card folders (sdcard & sdcard2). I have no idea how this could be since obviously the phone can only hold one SD card. When I mount to my laptop the only one of those folders that opens is sdcard and I know that this since I deleted all the files in it using ES File Explorer after I had moved them to the sdcard2 folder. So my thought is that my phone is not recognizing the correct folder where the files are stored. If anyone has any idea whats going on here please shed some light. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Okay, so I think I figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to correct it. When I use ES File Explorer to look around my phone and SD card I noticed that there is a two SD card folders (sdcard & sdcard2). I have no idea how this could be since obviously the phone can only hold one SD card. When I mount to my laptop the only one of those folders that opens is sdcard and I know that this since I deleted all the files in it using ES File Explorer after I had moved them to the sdcard2 folder. So my thought is that my phone is not recognizing the correct folder where the files are stored. If anyone has any idea whats going on here please shed some light. Thanks!

yeah it is kind of weird on how htc set that up. here is what you need to read:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/567529-how-make-full-sd-card-backup-via-usb.html

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0
I think it might be the right thing to do, but would you suggest copying everything to sdcard2 would be a good idea if I use ([MOD] Swap names on /sdcard and /sdard2) since the phone would then search here first after the rename for any of the files that were on sdcard before?

EDIT:

I copied the files to sdcard2, did the name swap and when I plugged into my laptop nothing happened, so I went back and renamed the file paths to their original names.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones