• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

Thanks lgdrifta. On a sidenote: I can connect to my bluetooth earpiece just fine and it works flawlessly, the errors only occurs when I try to transfer a file form my computer (I have not tried transferring files between phones). I can't figure out what's not letting it pair with the computer though.
have you tried stock settings.apk yet?

Upvote 0
i just checked my battery stats and i got 30 hours (1d 6hrs) and i wasnt even using juice defender lol. I cant upload a screen shot right now...but just take my word!!

oh yeah and im still at 15% :D

Stock battery or .. extended?? :|

I am still having problems with my keyboard force closing. I even did wipe data, and cache, and dalvik and reinstalled the ROM thinking it could be a bad install but still hasn't fixed it. Even fixed permissions too.. =(

Upvote 0
Stock battery or .. extended?? :|

I am still having problems with my keyboard force closing. I even did wipe data, and cache, and dalvik and reinstalled the ROM thinking it could be a bad install but still hasn't fixed it. Even fixed permissions too.. =(

stock battery. and idk what would cause that...have you taken out anything from the zip?? try re-downloading it and then flash again.

Upvote 0
i think still having 100% 2 hours later was the fluke lol, but i noticed the new 'Maps' update is just constantly running in background.. never used to do that, i even have the maps hack in build.prop..

other than that you can edit the build.prop,

put this:

back to:

set this:

as this:

or this:

thats the main changes..

It was a tick I had. I would always check my battery status once I got started at work to make sure everything was good. I started doing this from flashing so many ROMs and wanting to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. So being at 100% after an hour and a half of not touching it was actually very normal throughout different ROMs.

Im testing different options now. :D

Upvote 0
I don't think so .. It was happening with 1.9.2 as well

Had the same problem before with one of the earlier versions of #2-but also had it with other ROMs:(
Tried uninstalling-reinstalling-ect ect then it magically corrected itself..glad it was fixed but still curious as to why:banghead:
I can relate to your frustration!
Try this: download the stock(hime) keyboard here https://www.box.com/shared/caaf8d9d44a526f13e34
After it downloads just open and install it. Reboot right after.
Hope this works for you:)

Upvote 0
hey what about adding a completely de themed version of #2? like pg did with plagued... thats the only reason i haven't tried this rom out is because of the theming. not really into theming too much

Well being that there's a stock theme, ICS theme, a red theme, a green theme, and yada yada yada why dont you just FLASH a theme over it if you dont like it so much? lol

And if THAT'S the only reason you haven't tried out the most stable and overwhelmingly best ROM for the Esteem then.....................................yeah.

Upvote 0
About the whole settings and keyboard not showing up thing, it has to be something on the phone causing this. I've never had a stock keyboard force close, only an install of swype after the fact and I've never had the settings disappear for no reason. Something on the phone has to be causing this. Otherwise it would have happened more often, which it hasn't.

After learning how the ROM installs, I don't see a logical reason for ONE or TWO things within the entire system NOT to install themselves. The whole SYSTEM is installed at one time so if one thing dont work NONE of it works.

Fully wipe the phone. Delete all your apps. Reboot twice to make sure after install and if it STILL does it with none of your after market apps on the phone, THEN we can talk about issues within the Instal.

Upvote 0
About the whole settings and keyboard not showing up thing, it has to be something on the phone causing this. I've never had a stock keyboard force close, only an install of swype after the fact and I've never had the settings disappear for no reason. Something on the phone has to be causing this. Otherwise it would have happened more often, which it hasn't.

After learning how the ROM installs, I don't see a logical reason for ONE or TWO things within the entire system NOT to install themselves. The whole SYSTEM is installed at one time so if one thing dont work NONE of it works.

Fully wipe the phone. Delete all your apps. Reboot twice to make sure after install and if it STILL does it with none of your after market apps on the phone, THEN we can talk about issues within the Instal.

Corrected without a full wipe for me without a full wipe(should be the last resort anyway IMO );)

Upvote 0
Please, do share the secrets of the universe. haha ;)

Crabass? Mmmmmpf
a lil trick of mine that i do (i read it somewhere) is after the rom completes installation, powert off the device and let sit for a minute or 2... then power on and boom!! :D sometimes i even power off after flashing the ez-wipe full versoin, then manually power on to recovery, flash rom.. power off again and boot lol

Upvote 0
a lil trick of mine that i do (i read it somewhere) is after the rom completes installation, powert off the device and let sit for a minute or 2... then power on and boom!! :D sometimes i even power off after flashing the ez-wipe full versoin, then manually power on to recovery, flash rom.. power off again and boot lol

Anytime I flash a ROM, I boot up and let everything boot up. Turn off. Let it sit for a few seconds and boot again. Never once have I had a problem through ZVB ZVC ZVD and 10 different ROMs unless it was a dev problem. I think it boils down to user error sometimes or an app that causes a problem. Like poweramp, poweramp has shown to throw a phone into boot loop. So never rule out an app when problems arise that only the person with the actual problem is having.

Upvote 0
Good day ldrifta!

#2 v2, with beastcandy #2. Haven't logged in through wifi in a while. At Starbucks, couldn't log into their wifi, until I downloaded opera. Now using opera, but the wifi icon shows no access, & dolphin, metro Web say they have no connection... Yet here I am through opera....

Question; app, ROM, or user? Lol! Pretty sure I know that answer, where do I look?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Good day ldrifta!

#2 v2, with beastcandy #2. Haven't logged in through wifi in a while. At Starbucks, couldn't log into their wifi, until I downloaded opera. Now using opera, but the wifi icon shows no access, & dolphin, metro Web say they have no connection... Yet here I am through opera....

Question; app, ROM, or user? Lol! Pretty sure I know that answer, where do I look?

Thanks!

Some other people claimed something about wifi. Check a few pages back and see if there was a resolution until L gets back to you. ;)

Reactions: Trek950
Upvote 0
Please, do share the secrets of the universe. haha ;)

Crabass? Mmmmmpf
I liked your post before the edit:(
Come here Fuzzy-I have something for you
846_bighug_1.gif

Upvote 0
Had the same problem before with one of the earlier versions of #2-but also had it with other ROMs:(
Tried uninstalling-reinstalling-ect ect then it magically corrected itself..glad it was fixed but still curious as to why:banghead:
I can relate to your frustration!
Try this: download the stock(hime) keyboard here https://www.box.com/shared/caaf8d9d44a526f13e34
After it downloads just open and install it. Reboot right after.
Hope this works for you:)

Application not installed =(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones