• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

The device is a scanner it will pick up on the strongest signal first . So if 4g is the best that's the first . When it scans and notice that 4g is crapy it will use 3g
No sir, not what is going on. If I get to an area with crappy signal it drops to 3G... yes... but once I'm back on 4G coverage, it doesn't switch back.... stays 3G UNLESS I turn off and on the phone, and it locks in LTE and 4G works like a charm until of course I run on a crappy coverage area again and it drops from LTE to CDMA (3G).

Upvote 0
No sir, not what is going on. If I get to an area with crappy signal it drops to 3G... yes... but once I'm back on 4G coverage, it doesn't switch back.... stays 3G UNLESS I turn off and on the phone, and it locks in LTE and 4G works like a charm until of course I run on a crappy coverage area again and it drops from LTE to CDMA (3G).

Mine does the same thing. Except, all i do is turn off data, Then turn it back on. Basically reset 4g. It's in the settings/wireless/mobile network/data check or uncheck the box as desired. If that works for you, there are a number of apps that will shortcut to this switch from the desktop.

good luck!

Upvote 0
Mine does the same thing. Except, all i do is turn off data, Then turn it back on. Basically reset 4g. It's in the settings/wireless/mobile network/data check or uncheck the box as desired. If that works for you, there are a number of apps that will shortcut to this switch from the desktop.

good luck!

Yeah.. honestly i wouldnt know wat to do.. i never been able to get that thing to 3g lol i actually tried.. but only got 4g or 1x no matter where i went lol

Upvote 0

good luck!

Yeah, that is the basic basic first thing a user should try... and no it doesn't work, it stays CDMA even if I put it on airplane mode and then disable airplane mode... once its switched from LTE TO CDMA due to coverage, it DOES NOT switch back automatically to LTE from CMDA.... I'm going to shoot my self if this shit doesn't get fixed. IT CAN'T BE THE HARDWARE.. JUST CANT.

Upvote 0
Yeah.. honestly i wouldnt know wat to do.. i never been able to get that thing to 3g lol i actually tried.. but only got 4g or 1x no matter where i went lol
Your problem seems to be under also under the network selection of the phone... which I'm 100% sure is missing codes from this new BASEBAND for the new towers this phone is not using... Does your phone switch back automatically to 4G from 1X if you drive back to good coverage area?

Upvote 0
So, I'm not sure if it's the ROM, but I can't seem to keep Wi-Fi on when my phone is locked.

It'll stay on for about 30 mins., then the Wi-Fi will "sleep" until I unlock my phone. I don't use any battery saving apps.

Is there anyway I can change the buil.prop so that Wi-fi doesn't sleep and stays connected even after the screen is locked until I manully turn it off?

Upvote 0
Can i ask did you change the wifi sleep policy to never sleep . If changed post bak woth results ..worked for me ... sleep policy

No ive not messed with the wifi settings at all, i flashed the deox, debloat, rom zve and never touched it, every esteem i owned wen i plug it in for the night, i gt up and unplug it and push the power button on to see the screen and 4g is on but like the post bfore it goes away once the fone is awake, truthfully i dnt think i know how to change it, unless its in rom tool box, bt no i hav nt, ive looked at the settings in rom tool box but never changed anything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones