• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] NumberTwo v1.1 B131

LDrifta

No Stranger 2 Danger
Jun 7, 2011
Lynn, MA
M931_NumberTwo_ROM
~This ROM is for rooted devices ONLY, flash at YOUR own RISK!!!

Rom Base:
System: B131 (4.0.4)
Kernel: Stock?

Rom Features:
-Root & SU
-Busybox
-DeBloated
-Init.d support
-Unsecured Boot.img
-De-Odex'd
-Zipaligned

Rom Includes:
-Notification Toggle app
-FM Radio (Not sure if it works yet though.. LOL)
-Updated Hosts file (Add-Blocker)
-Sony Bravis Engine
-Few build.prop tweaks
-moved Maps & Weather to Data/app
(this means if you dont want them you can easily un-install them through your device)

Also included in data/app:
-Quick Boot (Reboot options untill mod'd in)
-File manager
-YouTube
-DSP Manager
-Maps
-Weather clock

Download Links:
M931_NumberTwo_v1.1 - The ROM
Stock_Cust_Flasher - The Full Stock Cust directory with all metro apps

Fun Facts:
-Notification toggle is installed to system/app which gives it a slight advantage of being in data/app, now you can enable it in accessibitlity to remain as the latest notification
(Long story short it makes it STAY on top of your noti bar)
so you can disable the stock crappy looking statusbar toggles in settings/display and use this for now lol

~~I dont think you can completely remove the statusbar icon but you can change what it does in app/settings, can set it to show battery % or Temp :D

-ALSO, the notification toggle app has reboot options built into it for easy acces to power options
(This includes Shut Off, Recovery, Bootloader & Regular restart)
must set it as an option for toggle

-The rom has screenshot functionality by pressing and holding power & Volume Down (thanks to jokerpks for pointing that out LOL)

Installation Proccess:
-Download ROM, then copy to EXTERNAL SD card
-Boot to recovery mode
-WIPE DATA (If first time user)
-Flash/Install ROM
-Once finished installing, REBOOT device
-The rom will boot, and then it will reboot once more on it's own
-Now enjoy your new rom :D

ChangeLog:

v1.1
-De-Odex'd
-Added Notification Toggle
-Added FM Radio
-Zipaligned
-Init.d support
-Unsecured Boot.img

Changelog Continued...

v1.0
-First release

-------------------------------------------------------
Screen Shots:
Coming soon :p

oOo i seee :D but uhhmm... it shoulda booted up when flashing this rom ;) did you pull battery because it rebooted?? LOL because it supposed to reboot!!! this phone is just weird man but it should be ok.. try flashing again.. let it boot, then let it reboot and see what it does next.. you may like what you see lol

unless you messed with something you shouldn't have!! :(

EDIT: just an FYI, my installer-script formats your system and cust partitions, then installs new files in them and sets new permissions..

strongly reccomended you do a data wipe prior to flashing!! this rom is ODEX'd, so flashing over a De-Odex'd rom wont boot without a data wipe ;)

Upvote 0
The rom works fine so far only one bug, you get a server error when downloading from the Playstore. I appreciate your work and ask you could you please add a feature to close all apps at once instead of sliding all of them to the side and an accurate battery percentage mod. I used the circle battery one that uses systemui.apk but that is limited to the number of images the original battery uses. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
The rom works fine so far only one bug, you get a server error when downloading from the Playstore. I appreciate your work and ask you could you please add a feature to close all apps at once instead of sliding all of them to the side and an accurate battery percentage mod. I used the circle battery one that uses systemui.apk but that is limited to the number of images the original battery uses. Thanks :)
clear your cache in recovery then reboot and play store should work.
Anyway, nice release bro! hopfully if i get a replacement tomorrow ill check this out

Upvote 0
When yu have multiple notifications to remove, there is a blue X on top right of noti bar lol press that to clear all..

And yeah battery mod etc will be done eventually

Upvote 0
So whats up everyone hows the rom running? What would you like changed/added? Lol make a list and ill check it thrice haha

almost forgot..i have a kernel with init.d support on my linux partition..ill try and uplod it tonite for you and if it works ill send it to you.
i mean it should work..i unpacked the stock kernel, added the 3 lines it needed and recompiled just fine

Upvote 0
So whats up everyone hows the rom running? What would you like changed/added? Lol make a list and ill check it thrice haha

I have noticed that there is an increase in free RAM while running this rom. Thanks for all your work and since no one made a list yet here are some features I am sure many will appreciate.

1. Battery Percentage
2. Close all apps in task manager
3. Theme
4. Notification theme (NumberTwo v1.3 | MD3)
5. Power menu 4-way Reboot
6. jellybean camera
7. Deodex'd
8. Zipaligned
9. Init.d Support
10. overclocking

I hope I am not too demanding but it's all up to you what you include and thank you for your work. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones