• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

It could very well be an MPCS limitation on my ROM. Its designed for Cricket, and since I dont have an mpcs phone, its hard to troubleshoot these things.
I have someone who is possibly sending me an Admire, so we'll see in a couple weeks if/when I get it. :)

Usually if I update something I have the option to uninstall updates. Love the rom tho

Upvote 0
No didn't update but I downloaded an older version and replaced the new one. All is good with the world now LOL. Sometimes when I open the app drawer I can't see the apps but I have paid holo and was having this issue before ur rom. U ever seen that?

Only time I've seen that is when the phone is still booting, but the apps always appear within 30 seconds or so.
Glad you got it sorted m8 :)

Upvote 0
Yesterday

That is strange. just randomly stopped working. o.0
Nothing changed in my rom regarding animations. lol
Check under "display settings" that "all animations" is selected. If so, try toggling from "no animations" to "all animations". If not, then my only other suggestion is to reflash?

Sorry bout the trouble m8. Wish I knew a fix, but I've not experienced that issue.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Spz0, you are the man. I love this rom, its very stable and smooth, like buttah. I love how with this rom I am having no issues at all but with other roms they either don't fully install or I get other errors.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to it :D

Can I get you to take a video testimony for my next infomercial? ;) lol j/k
Thanks for the props m8, and everyone for that matter!

And as always, if you like and appreciate what Im doing, Help support further development by making a small (or large :p ) donation. Any and all donations help my Wife not divorce my ass for all the time I spend creating quality products for all my end users. lol ;)

Cheers guys n gals. :)

Upvote 0
Just another update: I'll be releasing another revision to my ROM (probably tomorrow). An Upgrade will be available.

Things changed:
-Moar Kernel Modifications
--adjusted threshold for better responsiveness
--defaulted CPU at 800Mhz (for those having issues with booting at 900Mhz)

-attempting a fix of the "492 Market error"
-added Voltage Control (for cpu frequency control) --although I still recommend setCPU.

Got family over atm that I've been neglecting, so I will release this update as soon as I can. So hang in there everyone who is having issues @ 900Mhz -- Help is on the way. :)

Upvote 0
Just another update: I'll be releasing another revision to my ROM (probably tomorrow). An Upgrade will be available.

Things changed:
-Moar Kernel Modifications
--adjusted threshold for better responsiveness
--defaulted CPU at 800Mhz (for those having issues with booting at 900Mhz)

-added Voltage Control (for cpu frequency control) --although I still recommend setCPU.

Got family over atm that I've been neglecting, so I will release this update as soon as I can. So hang in there everyone who is having issues @ 900Mhz -- Help is on the way. :)

I've been having a weird problem where if I exit out of an app it takes the stuff on my home screen a while to load

Upvote 0
I've been having a weird problem where if I exit out of an app it takes the stuff on my home screen a while to load

edit your build.prop and insert this:

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

That will force your launcher into memory, and hopefully stop the FC issue you're having.

edit: sorry, already have that tweak in the build.prop.
goto
Launcher Settings-> General Settings -> and check "Keep in Memory".

Upvote 0
Revision up!

New Changes:
Revision 2.3.12
  • cpu up/down threshold changed in kernel (increase snappiness)
  • cpu defaulted to 800Mhz on boot (for people having issues booting @ 900Mhz)
  • Voltage Control app added to scale CPU (although I still highly recommend setCPU)
  • Attempting fix of "492 Market Error" (on Full ROM only)

UPGRADE AVAILABLE! Check Post#1 for all downloads and upgrades.

Cheers.

Reactions: SacredBloodlin
Upvote 0
Quick update: I forgot to adjust the OA graphic that people were talking about reducing in size.
SO
I've ammended the change to the UPGRADE.zip as well as the full rom release -- so if the graphic bugs you, just flash the UPGRADE zip for the reduced size graphic.

ALSO, I wanted to bring to peoples attention (as it was late last night and I forgot a crucial description), that my attempt at fixing the 492 market error exists only in the full rom release (and if it works, will continue in all full rom releases).

Hopefully this will be the last update before my 2.3.7 port (so you'll be able to sit on this revision for a good while. :) ).

Cheers all. :)

Reactions: jpizle and aaronmy
Upvote 0
I'm having issues with the browser. Everything data wise works fine. But when I try to use my third party browser (operamobile or boatbrowser) webpage unavailable error. I did delete the stock browser that came with the Rom using TB, could that be the problem??

Nah you can delete the stock browser safely without messing anything up. Try restoring your APN and see if it works then

Upvote 0
Nah you can delete the stock browser safely without messing anything up. Try restoring your APN and see if it works then

For some reason, on other roms I have used, I have had the same problem he is. I was getting "connection" errors after flashing but it was always the default browser and Dolphin Mini/HD that didn't work. Once I downloaded Opera Browser, it worked fine. Wheird o_O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones