• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Official ICS 4.0.3 Leak -> Download NOW!

houch80

Lurker
Jun 8, 2011
THX to Vache and his Contacts to Acer

Original Post from XDA:
Well, a lil' suprise this morning.

More infos :

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GE N1
ro.build.version.incremental=1328623154
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Tue Feb 7 22:00:23 CST 2012
Be carefull if you want to flash this.

Download link : http://vache-android.com/v1/index.ph...files&file=139

You like it ? Help me with some beers : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=U83D82VLHK2DE
Link to the thread: [LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1 - xda-developers

1. Rename the provided file to update.zip
2. Copy the file to the root of your external sd card
3. Turn off the device; and press power while holding the volume up button - don't touch anything until the device reboots itself
4. Voila - you've got ics
From what I can see this is a fully working rom - unfortunately you'll lose the root access

Reactions: mrpnut
thx to vache and his contacts to acer

original post from xda:
Well, a lil' suprise this morning.

More infos :

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=iml74k
ro.build.display.id=acer_av041_a100_0.002.00_ww_ge n1
ro.build.version.incremental=1328623154
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=rel
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=tue feb 7 22:00:23 cst 2012
be carefull if you want to flash this.

Download link : http://vache-android.com/v1/index.ph...files&file=139

you like it ? Help me with some beers : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=u83d82vlhk2de
link to the thread: [leak][ics 4.0.3] acer_av041_a100_0.002.00_ww_gen1 - xda-developers

1. Rename the provided file to update.zip
2. Copy the file to the root of your external sd card
3. Turn off the device; and press power while holding the volume up button - don't touch anything until the device reboots itself
4. Voila - you've got ics
from what i can see this is a fully working rom - unfortunately you'll lose the root access

ay bro that link dosent work:(

Upvote 0
I have been on ICS now for a few days and it is like having a brand new tablet. This was my first experience with ICS and the google applications (gmail, calendar, talk, voice) are all greatly enhanced for ICS which is awesome.

I am not having any issues with any applications unless they are not yet updated for 4.0 (very few). Not one single force close yet either.

GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, both cameras (with ICS camera app), and microSD all are working just fine. Only thing I can't figure out is HDMI out, but there must be an app out there that will fix that.

Upvote 0
Im just wondering if i would try too flash this onto my lg esteem what would happen?

It's not like installing Windows or Linux on a computer. Those installation packages are shipped with all the drivers for all the hardware the OS will support. They figure out what is needed, and installs them appropriately.

The update packages for mobile devices are already set up for the specific hardware that someone is going to install them on. Each company has it's own custom version, for each device they sell. They don't get "installed" like the other example. The directory structure/file system is ready to go, and get flashed as is to the rom.

You can't flash your LG with this version, because it's not set up prior for your LG.

Or, I might be full of it. ;)

Upvote 0
It's not like installing Windows or Linux on a computer. Those installation packages are shipped with all the drivers for all the hardware the OS will support. They figure out what is needed, and installs them appropriately.

The update packages for mobile devices are already set up for the specific hardware that someone is going to install them on. Each company has it's own custom version, for each device they sell. They don't get "installed" like the other example. The directory structure/file system is ready to go, and get flashed as is to the rom.

You can't flash your LG with this version, because it's not set up prior for your LG.

Or, I might be full of it. ;)

LOL IM RUNNING GINGERSTEEM EXTREME IM JUST LOOKING FOR OTHER ROMS especially ics

Upvote 0
Is Acer going to release an official version that will supersede this one? I was thinking that they may just let the leak be the official release. Then, I'm thinking that maybe they secretly leaked it so we can all turn into test dummies.

Acer has already cofirmed ICS for the A100: Press

As for your ludicrous theory that they're using the public as virtual guinea pigs.......... I FULLY AGREE!!!!!!!! :D

haha, anyway, I was waiting for the official release but when i saw there was a way to revert to stock honeycomb i just went for it. Ive ran into several inconvenient bugs but it runs a bit smoother so it makes up for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones