• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] One rom to rule them all... | Droid Incredible

So I installed this yesterday and it is sitting at the default Second Wave w/Sense (as you know from Twitter). If I'm understanding this right, if I wanted to I could go from Second Wave w/Sense -> Second Wave w/o Sense, and then -> Franken w/o Sense so that I could try out both Sense-free versions but I cannot go back no matter which path I take? Yes I'm a n00b at all this.

Upvote 0
Anyway I can get the stock 2.2 flashlight. I love that dang thing... I lost it when I went to Frank.

Something else I have noticed is that with Frank B3 installing the round battery with 1% percentages seems to break it. It brings out force closes for all kinds of things; gmail, music...and so. It worked fine with B2. Its not a big issue because I dont really need it. But I figured I'd let you know anyways.

Upvote 0
So I installed this yesterday and it is sitting at the default Second Wave w/Sense (as you know from Twitter). If I'm understanding this right, if I wanted to I could go from Second Wave w/Sense -> Second Wave w/o Sense, and then -> Franken w/o Sense so that I could try out both Sense-free versions but I cannot go back no matter which path I take? Yes I'm a n00b at all this.

You can go from:

Second wave w/ sense to Frank w/ sense.
Frank w/ sense to vanilla Frank.

Second wave /w sense to vanilla Second wave
vanilla Second wave to Frank w/ sense.
Frank w/ sense to vanila frank.

Those are the only paths (as of right now).

Upvote 0
So folks, be brutally honest.

Is this setup more trouble than its worth? Its easier for me for maintenance, but if its not for the users, there is no point.
Being pretty noob at all this... I thought it was really easy.. the only part I got stuck on was running the basic scripts in terminal.. and then I figured out all I had to do is change path to be run as a super user.... ya.. dumb me.

Upvote 0

Is this setup more trouble than its worth? Its easier for me for maintenance, but if its not for the users, there is no point.

I don't think you could make it any easier to switch ROMS. It there were no restrictions on which ROMS you could switch between it would be perfect, but I guess 99.9% is still pretty good. :)

Reactions: adrynalyne
Upvote 0

I think that the process is fine. Most people will want the second wave over Frank in most cases. Your instructions could not be any clearer for the new user who wants to switch and experiment. The way you have it now seems easier in my opinion. Less headaches having to create a separate rom for each rom. Keep it how you have it now, One Rom To Rule Them All!!

Upvote 0
anyone else having problems updating apps from the market? they download, but wont install. BTW adrynalyne thanks for all your hard work! Love your Roms!

edit.. and as a noob, placing zips on sd for installation seems abit easier than playing with adb/scripts. however I did get it working.

Make sure you are not on wifi. Every version of Android I have used, has had this problem at times on wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones