• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] One rom to rule them all... | Droid Incredible

Not sure...can you give the exact error?

Nothing is copied from or to /system/xbin in the process. Only the script is read from there.

That was it, no message error persay. It just says cannot 'cd /system/xbin/'

Soon after I posted that, I flashed Third Wave. Is Frankensense and Third Wave basically the same? Forgive that newb sounded question but I have been out of the flashing game (windows too) since I purchased Inc on opening day. I haven't really paid much attention to the ROM area here until yesterday.

Upvote 0
Can I just say I really enjoy these roms. I can only speak for myself when I say that this one rom is so much fun to play with. Switching back and forth trying to find my favorite is super easy and now that there are some themes (at least 1) it is getting even better. Thanks for giving us a sweet rom that isn't CM6.

(no disrespect to CM6, its a great rom, jsut not for me.)

Reactions: AdmSuvvuk
Upvote 0
Can I just say I really enjoy these roms. I can only speak for myself when I say that this one rom is so much fun to play with. Switching back and forth trying to find my favorite is super easy and now that there are some themes (at least 1) it is getting even better. Thanks for giving us a sweet rom that isn't CM6.

(no disrespect to CM6, its a great rom, jsut not for me.)

Agreed. I'm having a grand time flashing....my addiction is being fed again.

Upvote 0
I got everything installed without flaw until I tried to run the script for frank. ADB says it cannot mount cd /system/xbin/...any idea why? I'm sure I am making a simple stupid mistake somewhere. And yes, I mounted /system and /sdcard in partitions menu.

Did you try rebooting after the install, then go back into recovery, and then try to run the ./frank install script. I had the same exact problem and it worked. I assumed that the directory didn't exist and was created after the first reboot after the initial install. I could be wrong. adrynalyne?

Upvote 0
Ok I just downloaded this thing 4 times, 3x in Chrome and once in IE and I get Installation aborted (bad) unexpected end or archive and odd file sizes 170mb-202mb every time. I have to give up for the night :(

I'd suggest using a download manager. I personally use Internet Download Manager. Been using it for years, and I never get a bad download, unless there's some sort of problem with the remote server/website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones