• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom opinions!!!

I have a working copy of every supported ROM backed up and flash between depending on what tinkering I'm doing. I like CM9 because its the "gateway" ROM. Once its stable JB will be around the corner and roms like PA, AOKP, Slimbean etc will likely follow. As far as our GB roms I prefer Sleipnir as it has extended power controls, initd support and is now deodexed and themer friendly. :)

Reactions: ronii
Upvote 0
I'm, running CM9 & Sleipnir on a 50/50 split, both are smooth as ever but I'm used to using my camera when I go out,thus the split!!!
Both are exceptional Rom's with different advantages, The features of CM9 with ICS make it my choice over GB but, Sleipnir makes using GB a much better experience than just running stock....So for me it's a question of being ready to "Get that shot" when I'm out, other wise I prefer the functionality of CM9 (ICS).

Upvote 0
i'm just a dude with a phone. i'm not a power user and i'm not a developer so a lot of what the cooked roms provide is lost on me.

i will say that i have been using cooked roms since my htc tytn days and so i'm no newbie and i've tested all kinds of roms on all kinds of devices...

that being said... sleipnir is probably the most stable rom i've used. on any device. and that's why i haven't tried any others yet. i've been keeping my eye on cm9 but without a camera and other issues i've read about it's not worth it to me...

i wish i was smarter and was more interested in the development end... and subsequently able to appreciate the amazing work that a lot of people are doing with various roms... but since i need my phone and want it to do what i want it to do when i want it to do it... stability is most important to me...

i would love to be in a position to have 2 phones and just use one to tweak roms on and start to learn some of the basics of development... but until that time i'm just keeping my head down and waiting for the next release of sleipnir and keeping my eye on the cm9 thread for a working camera and fewer bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones