• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] PACE 4.3: Pure Android, CAF/CM Enhanced

Reactions: George55155
Upvote 0
Like I said before I'm a noob. So I have no idea what to do with an .img file . Sorry Guys for my noobness ._.

Sorry I always forget that folks flash recovery from within recovery... it's a foreign concept to me. I have always flashed ROMs from recovery and recoveries from ROM. That's the safest method. But it does require a bit of reading to learn how to do it.

Upvote 0
Sorry I always forget that folks flash recovery from within recovery... it's a foreign concept to me. I have always flashed ROMs from recovery and recoveries from ROM. That's the safest method. But it does require a bit of reading to learn how to do it.
Thanks alot though, But I flashed the cwm.zip file and now my Vs920 is booting up with the Pace rom ;) It's a taking a while though...

Upvote 0
I was on the latest Cyanogenmod stable build. I did wipe my cache. And now thanks to you and other members on the forums, KitKat 4.4.2 is successfully running on my VS920! Thanks Everyone!! :D

Great glad to hear it worked out. :)

Usually some system apps require wiping data when moving between aosp and other custom ROMs. For example, CM has some clock data changes that usually cause it to FC. That's trivial though, you can wipe individual app data.

Upvote 0
I flashed CWM_6.0.4.5_Spec-Assert_fixed.zip in cwm then rebooted.
Tried to do a backup using Rom Manager but only got into recovery.
So I made a backup, wiped data, cache, dalvik and formatted system.
Flashed paceplus44-vs920-1.0.rc3.zip then gapps-kk-20131118.zip.
Did the usual "tap the build #" and set unknown sources and such.
Couple of minutes later I was loading apps.

Forgot to spend my Zen in Zenonia so I made a quick backup, restored a nandroid that I had made from the previous cwm and everything went OK.

Thank you for all your hard work...

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
One more step closer...

Flashed rc3 with latest 4.4.2 version of pa gapps from [GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [2013-12-15] - xda-developers.

You Tube, Sportscenter, and Moviefone video clips working fine now.

CONS:

WWE app and Netflix videos will not load or play. Just spins at loading.

Anyone else having problems with the WWE app or Netflix?

3rd party apps that use camera (Camera Zoom FX, Skype, etc) still having same video distortion and lock up issues.

Upvote 0
4.4RC3 works great. Netflix 3.0 works but not latest version so I had to downgrade to an older Netflix version. Youtube works great on all versions. I even used 240 dpi and shrank the icons for more space on the screen for icons. Everything works fine. NO reboots. NO stability issues. Installing Busybox fixes the "Unknown" baseband version in the "About Phone" section. Wifi works fine. 4G works fine. BT works fine for earpiece and phone calls. I have not tried BT for music streaming yet.

Upvote 0
4.4RC3 works great. Netflix 3.0 works but not latest version so I had to downgrade to an older Netflix version. Youtube works great on all versions. I even used 240 dpi and shrank the icons for more space on the screen for icons. Everything works fine. NO reboots. NO stability issues. Installing Busybox fixes the "Unknown" baseband version in the "About Phone" section. Wifi works fine. 4G works fine. BT works fine for earpiece and phone calls. I have not tried BT for music streaming yet.

Kinda figured it was the app. WWE app is probably the same.

Downloaded and installed Netflix v2.4.1 and videos play fine.

Sent notice in reviews on both apps and emailed developer of WWE app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones