1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] PACE 4.4: Pure Android, CAF/CM Enhanced

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tdm, Dec 18, 2013.

1. tdm

tdm Android Expert

Announcing PACE and PACE Plus for vs920.
    PACE

This is pure AOSP plus with just enough CAF/CM enhancements to get it to run on a variety of hardware.

Download:

pace44-vs920-1.0.rc5.zip
    md5=a7b0e70f69c00cba7c9cbf9055497025

Superuser (SuperSU):
    superuser.zip

PACE Plus

This includes a few enhancements:

* Built-in SuperSU
    * Gesture (swipey) keyboard
    * Custom boot animation
    * Theme support
    * Density (DPI) changer
    * Built-in adfree hosts
    * Quick settings pulldown
    * ... more to come ...

Download:

paceplus44-vs920-1.0.rc5.zip
    md5=3ca80ec47ada993ca5a878ff81ba359d

Known Issues:
    * LGE logo appears briefly after first time setup.
    * Baseband version is unset due to lack of busybox.

Source:
    github.com/pacerom

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JPJoller

JPJoller Member

Thanks for the hard work!!

tdm likes this.
  3. Nokoko

Nokoko Android Enthusiast

I've been using this since RC1 (11/27), has been very stable with great battery life.

tdm likes this.
  4. ccic2491

ccic2491 Member

5. Nokoko

Greenify and Wake lock detector. I converted Google Play Music, Google +, and Google Now (search), to user apps, they were keeping it awake.

tdm likes this.
  6. Can you tell me how you convert them to user apps? Do you just use greenify or Wakelock detector to change them?

7. Okay so i just tried to flash this onto my phone and i got an error message and it says "This package is for "vs920" devices; this is a "i_vzw"
    I am using CWM version 6.0.4.5
    What am i doing wrong? Please help

8. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member

9. Nokoko

Titanium Backup, probably have to have the pro version. I'm also using Interactive/noop.

10. finastbeans

finastbeans Lurker

Hi - I'm running rc3 now, things are very smooth overall but the tether does not appear to work. can start a wifi hotspot from the "wireless & networks" area of the settings menu but never see the network show up from my laptop, and it doesn't appear to be a hidden network. has anyone been able to get tethering to work? are there any special steps necessary?

11. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member

Try to reboot and remove battery for 5 second and retry. If still no go, then try to setup tethering without any security to see if your device can see the tether. If not, move to CM10.2 latest nightly or CM11 and retry.

12. tdm

tdm Android Expert

Can someone get a logcat of a tether attempt and I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

13. JPJoller

JPJoller Member

Hi tdm, in the OP you list pace plus as having theme support, I was curious as to what this was in this ROM?

14. tdm

tdm Android Expert

Sorry I haven't implemented theme support yet, the op was pasted from the 4.3 thread. But it's the last remaining feature I think.

JPJoller and cac2us like this.
  15. Nokoko

You can use xTheme with Xposed, can't use any CM theme with it, but there's a good variety of xThemes out there.

16. AndQuocDrew

AndQuocDrew Newbie

Hey guys I'm stuck. Accidentally installed PACE instead of PACE plus onto my phone. Superuser doesnt work and I don't know how to boot into recovery anymore to install PACE plus. Any help? :D

Edit: I've tried rom manager, teminal emulator (doesnt work because i cant get root access with SU), and adb which doesnt detect my device anymore.

17. tdm

tdm Android Expert

Turn phone off. Hold power and volume down until the warning text appears. Tap power twice. Now you are in recovery.

18. allenelson

allenelson Newbie

Is this built on CM10.2 or CM11 ? I'm assuming I need CWM 6.0.4.5 to flash properly? I went back to 6.0.1.1 because I was sick of the CM10.2 instability. I've already downloaded the updated 6.0.4.5 spec zip I just want to make sure it's needed before wiping my phone because it doesn't flash with the old CWM but I didn't expect it to.

19. bones420la

bones420la Android Enthusiast

Cm11. You should do a nandroid before flashing the recovery. Then. No chance of issues or data loss if it's not stable enough

20. allenelson

allenelson Newbie

I do backups and everything just don't like wasting my time flashing 5 million different things/ways and failing. Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't get away from 10.2 and go back to 10.1. Thanks for the info.

21. allenelson

allenelson Newbie

ooh i forgot the reason why i was asking though.. i think i'm going to lose my backup/restore ability moving from CWM 6.0.1.1 to 6.0.4.5.

Like I'm on 6.0.1.1 CM10.1 now. I'm going to move to 6.0.4.5 CM11. I don't know why they fail, but CM10.2 needed 6.0.4.5 to install but wouldn't flash CM10.1 ROMs. Yes I know it'd be a backup/restore in CWM, if the restore is still there after I flash the new recovery, but I'm pretty sure I already failed and needed to revert the CWM as well. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure the new recovery didn't even see the backups.

22. allenelson

allenelson Newbie

portable hot spot doesn't work for me either.

camera app works, sometimes doesn't take the image right away. i had the shutter lock for about 10 seconds then eventually take a pic.

instagram and cymera both freeze when the camera loads.

23. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member

Camera lag can be reduced by keeping your free memory high using apps like Greenify root version. It's a class effect of ALL CM11 ROMS including this one.

Camera does not like to be used in other apps like Instagram and only works with native camera/camcorder apps. This is also a class effect for CM11. If you want universal function of camera, go back to 10.2 or less.

Hotspot works fine for me and others but can be flaky. Try CM11 nightly to see if hotspot works better for you. This flakiness is due to immature CM11 builds. If you want everything to work then back track to Cm10.2 or less.

24. allenelson

allenelson Newbie

I use CM11 nightly on my razr maxx for work and Cymera for the camera app. If I understand that correctly, that means the Cymera app shouldn't work?

I didn't expect everything to work, just sharing my experience, I was hoping for a little more response without overclocking since this doesn't have much packed into it but it still has a little delay like the CM10's. Still on my quest for a fast 2.x like ROM.

25. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member

Certain apps will work with our camera while others won't. For example, bar scan which uses our camera will work with CM11.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews