• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] PACE 4.4: Pure Android, CAF/CM Enhanced

I've been trying to update the kernel to 3.4 the last couple days. First tried GB because it's the most stable. Unfortunately the memory management changes are nearly insurmountable. So now I'm using ICS as a base. Almost done and I'll be testing next week. I may also take a peek at the lu6200 jb sources for inspiration.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to update the kernel to 3.4 the last couple days. First tried GB because it's the most stable. Unfortunately the memory management changes are nearly insurmountable. So now I'm using ICS as a base. Almost done and I'll be testing next week. I may also take a peek at the lu6200 jb sources for inspiration.

Thanks for all the hard work. I am constantly buying/ flashing phones (usually eBay). So I am always rotating what I am using and why I'm using it. My spectrum has extreme difficulty streaming music (slacker/rdio/spotify/Google play) when the screen shuts off. I have checked all WiFi settings and even bumped my min CPU to 384. It is still either completely stopping or rebooting. I have had random reboot issues on this phone regardless of ROM/kernel setting or else I would use it even more.

Upvote 0
Hi - I'm running rc3 now, things are very smooth overall but the tether does not appear to work. can start a wifi hotspot from the "wireless & networks" area of the settings menu but never see the network show up from my laptop, and it doesn't appear to be a hidden network. has anyone been able to get tethering to work? are there any special steps necessary?
Hi, from my limited experience I have discovered that if you configure hotspot with "Verizon vs920 053" , or change the ssid to that it should work.

Upvote 0
Hello, wonder if PacePlus 4.4 still around? I try to download error 404. Am currently running on CM11, seem having issue with camera. Wouldnt mind to try this PacePlus and see if better than CM11. Hope can give me new link to download it. Many thanks.

Which better PacePlus or CM11? Is there CM12 for vs920? would be nice if they have android 5.0+ for vs920

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones