1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

{ROM}{PORT}GingerDx(PIE CONTROL)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brandonabandon, Oct 27, 2014.

1. brandonabandon

hello admire community. an admire was "donated" to me recently and i decided to return the flavor. i present gingerdx, a rom i originally ported to the huawei ascend2. built from playfulgod's cm7 source. the features of this rom are amazing and far surpass standard cm features. lets begin with them.

[​IMG][​IMG]

original base op:http://androidforums.com/admire-all...ta-cwm-cache-issue-addressed.html#post5243063

original port op:{ROM}{PORT}GINGERDX-PIE CONTROL

FEATURES
    all cyanagenmod features from Requisite0's cm7 (apparently we compiled from same source (ie playfulgod))
    gingerdx features: pie control, jb-status bar,notifications, etc/ call features-call me louder, loop ringtone, custom carrier label, etc./alarm- math quiz, flip/shake actions, increasing volume, etc./led- options to disabel led at the night./other- ultra brightness, lockscreens, center clock, etc.
    *theme: featuring achep@xda's wonderful jb theme.

*******YER WARRANTY IS NOW VOID, RESEARCH BEFORE MODIFYING YER DEVICE, I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YER ACTIONS.*******

INSTALLATION
    YER DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED
    google vroot or yer source choice
    YER DEVICE MUST HAVE THIS RECOVERY INSTALLED
    Dev-Host - CWM-6.0.3.2-rookie.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    DOWNLOAD THE ROM
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FXgIkne2uXTlR1ck9Ya2Zqc1E/view?usp=sharing
    DOWNLOAD GAPPS
    GOOGLE
    1. PLACE ROM ON SDCARD
    2. BOOT RECOVERY (HOLD VOL. DOWN, BACK KEY, POWER WHILE DEVICE OFF.)
    3. PERFORM ALL WIPES. FACTORY RESET, CLEAR CACHE, CLEAR DALVIK CACHE.
    4. FORMAT SYSTEM-MANDATORY
    5. INSTALL FROM SDCARD, SELECT 1cm-dxadmire.zip
    6. INSTALL GAPPS
    7. REBOOT

POST INSTALLATION
    UPDATE THE FOLLOWING APPS: SUPERSU AND QUICKPIC. otherwise, no root or gallery.
    INSTALL THE FOLLOWING APPS: SUPERUSER AND CAMERA ILLUSION. download either via playstore or yer source choice. to allow root and camera. otherwise, no root or camera.

BUGS
    NO BUGS BESIDES MENTIONED CAMERA BUG
    SOMEONE SHOULD VERIFY IF DATA WORKS

THANKS
    ALL THANKS TO THE DONATEE OF THE DEVICE, CYANOGENMOD, TEAM FUN, PLAYFULGOD,
    REQUISITE0/Spz0,ANDROID, AND GOOGLE FOR BEING OUR FRIEND.

SCREENIEZ

Attached Files:

kev716 likes this.
  2. kev716

kev716 Newbie

Wow, never expected any new developments on this old phone - thanks!

I followed your steps & installed the ROM but SuperSU can't update its binary. I've tried the normal method and recovery. Any ideas?

3. brandonabandon

POST INSTALLATION
    UPDATE THE FOLLOWING APPS: SUPERSU AND QUICKPIC. otherwise, no root or gallery.
    INSTALL THE FOLLOWING APPS: SUPERUSER AND CAMERA ILLUSION. download either via playstore or yer source choice. to allow root and camera. otherwise, no root or camera.

try it^

4. kev716

kev716 Newbie

Okay, I installed Superuser first and then was able to update the SuperSU binary by the recovery method. After that I opened SuperSU and got a message asking to delete Superuser to avoid conflicts. I did this and everything seems to be working.

Off to try the swap next :)

5. ipoke smot

ipoke smot Well-Known Member

So dope to see new shnit on the indestructo smart phone otherwise known as the admire. Still use mine as a wireless controller for my entertainment pc and a music player while I'm around the yard. Don't have any data service so I cannot give any feedback as to whether it works or not. I'll let you know If I come across anything else though. Again, thanks for the new toys.

6. kev716

kev716 Newbie

Similar to me. Mostly use mine to play music or look things up while working in my garage, avoids getting my current phone all greasy.

7. brandonabandon

i ported an android l mod also. team nexus is overlooking my permission to host. im sure they are busy with new code.if anyone knows roomz or duca @xda from team nexus, maybe drop them a line so i can share this.

Attached Files:

Samsung Use i and kev716 like this.
  8. Samsung Use i

Samsung Use i Well-Known Member

so this still has the bug where the normal camera doesn't work?

EDIT: how is battery life?

#8 Samsung Use i, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  9. brandonabandon

Not sure, didn't use the admire much, as I picked up a gnex shortly after and w/o data. I use easy battery saver from the play store. This ROM on my ascend 2 with the battery app would run for 3 days on a full charge. However the ascend 2 also has smartass2 governor kernel. Both the ascend 2 and the admire running the newest ROM I ported with the battery app, ran 3 days on full charge. Considering little to no use. I'm not sure what cm7 before my port ran on the device, considering cm7 on the ascend 2 running the app I mentioned, better battery life for gingerdx

#9 brandonabandon, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  10. Samsung Use i

Samsung Use i Well-Known Member

Okay. When I have a chance I will install this ROM and check how data works... Also, no overclocked kernel? :0

EDIT: okay so if you built this off the CM7 spz0 released then it does NOT have data working unless you somehow worked on it to fix that issue. I read the whole 6 pages in the thread trying to see if anybody found a fix too but found nothing :/

#10 Samsung Use i, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  11. brandonabandon

i never had data on this device. if you try the rom, report if data is working. thank you.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews