1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM][Port]MIUI v4 3.2.22 Unofficial (online)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LowEndGeek, Jan 18, 2014.

1. LowEndGeek

LowEndGeek Android Expert
    None

Usually when you port a rom you port from a single device. With this I had to take pieces from about 4 including the xperia mini, galaxy nexus and straight from xiaomi themselves.

Some features aren't fully implemented yet

Disclaimer:
    Most everything works so i'll just list what doesn't

Downloads:

Downloads are here

R1 incluldes minimal gapps including play store and talk, there is no need to flash gapps with this version.

**Im on battery power so i'll clean up this thread and add credits, miui tips etc when I can**

Advertisement

2. Inorizushi

Inorizushi Member
    None

Jul 3, 2013
    Male
    Awesome, can't wait to test it been waiting for a new MIUI port from you for quite a while.

3. LowEndGeek

None

I'm heading downtown in a bit to the coffee shop, currently on battery power so when I get there i'll upload it.

4. Inorizushi

Inorizushi Member
    None

Jul 3, 2013
    Male
    Flashing in a bit, I'll tell you how everything goes tomorrow or the next day.

5. LowEndGeek

None

alright let me know, remember it's still a wip and usb storage doesn't work (yet)

6. voidci

voidci Member
    None

Oct 23, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Tried out the ROM and it looks and feels great except for a few hiccups and minor flaws
    No frills doesn't work when I hit apply (complains about me not allowing superuser permissions and once it said broken pipe, just once

I also love the multitasking And mem freeing tool although I'm always left with <100 mb left in memory
    Also idk if this was intentional or its broken but haptic feedback on all the capacitative buttons is broken (they still function as intended, though)
    The battery life, for me, is also great despite the memory footprint :eek: I think this rom would be great if somehow it took a bit less memory
    Thanks for the ROM :D

7. LowEndGeek

None

MIUI uses it's own super user tool. Inside the tools folder on the main page open up the miui security app, there is an option in there..something like 'manage root permissions' turn that on and you should be fine

Like i said in the OP, MIUI is a pretty intensive rom, as long as you keep an eye on your usage things should be more or less ok

Feedback works ok for me but i'll take a double look at the files, thanks for trying it out and letting me know your experience. I'm currently working on fixing a few things on this rom, on paranoid and I ALMOST have miui v5 booting.

voidci likes this.
  8. LowEndGeek

None

Tapatalk it's acting strange and I can't edit my previous post.

The app you want for super user is actually lbe guard. It's in the security folder on the second page. Also your right feedback doesn't work. I'll look into it but it's just not that high in my priorities for this ROM

voidci likes this.