• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom port request..

I think that would be very hard to do and also not many people would want that ROM in comparison to what we have now.

Well from what we have now i can't seem to get any rom working the way it should...i'm not trien to bet down this phone or the dev's here... i'm asking for me i want to use this rom it was my daily use rom and its stable none of the roms for motion are stable from what i read..if it is doable just asking anyone that would be up for the challenge...

Upvote 0
if that rom was portable to motion it would have to use a motion rom as a base and would only be as stable as the base rom.

Sounds good to me...i'm sure the stock made rom would do..and if i had an inch of know how to do this myself i would be all over it..rom #2 was the #1 choice for esteem and L is updated it to the max to run at the best...i'm sure people here would give it a try and love it....

Can someone give me the definition to porting? or what is the mechanics

ok i see this might be to hard as this is a duel core phone and the esteem is single core
well if anyone wants the challenge it's yours....thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Sounds good to me...i'm sure the stock made rom would do..and if i had an inch of know how to do this myself i would be all over it..rom #2 was the #1 choice for esteem and L is updated it to the max to run at the best...i'm sure people here would give it a try and love it....

Can someone give me the definition to porting? or what is the mechanics

ok i see this might be to hard as this is a duel core phone and the esteem is single core
well if anyone wants the challenge it's yours....thanks in advance.
That's not what he's saying, the base would have the same issues at the CM10's we have now, only way to fix all of this is to build from source, which takes a LONG time and would come up with issues of it's own.
The Dual Core had nothing to do with it.
It's just that it would have the same issues that we already have.

Upvote 0
Well it starts my first snag..plus i'm not porting rom #2 went with a rom made for ics..but when i'm moving build.prop coding to and from base and port build.prop says to...

Open /system/build.prop
Copy & Replace the following:
ro.modversion
ro.cm.version
ro.config.ringtone
ro.config.notification_sound
ro.config.alarm_alert
ro.config.sms_received_sound
ro.config.sms_delivered_sound
persist.sys.themeId
persist.sys.themePackageName
and anything similar to that, to: BASE's build.prop

Then says to..

Inside BASE:
Open /system/build.prop
Highlight from: ro.build.tags=
to: # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
Shown in this picture
Copy & Replace that highlighted part to: PORTED's build.prop's highlighted part

Copy everything from: # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
To: the end of the file
Paste it to PORTED's build.prop

I do not understand where the to put the highlighted from where to where i'm stuck there and zephyr101 said would aid me and i'm going to hold you to this...

Upvote 0
Well it starts my first snag..plus i'm not porting rom #2 went with a rom made for ics..but when i'm moving build.prop coding to and from base and port build.prop says to...

Open /system/build.prop
Copy & Replace the following:
ro.modversion
ro.cm.version
ro.config.ringtone
ro.config.notification_sound
ro.config.alarm_alert
ro.config.sms_received_sound
ro.config.sms_delivered_sound
persist.sys.themeId
persist.sys.themePackageName
and anything similar to that, to: BASE's build.prop

Then says to..

Inside BASE:
Open /system/build.prop
Highlight from: ro.build.tags=
to: # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
Shown in this picture
Copy & Replace that highlighted part to: PORTED's build.prop's highlighted part

Copy everything from: # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
To: the end of the file
Paste it to PORTED's build.prop

I do not understand where the to put the highlighted from where to where i'm stuck there and zephyr101 said would aid me and i'm going to hold you to this...

Oh goodness :p
Hit search in notepad c++ and then find ro.build.tags file on BASE and highlight from there ALL the way down to # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
then on Ported hit search and find where it starts to say ro.build.tags and then highlight all the way down to # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
and then hit paste.

Upvote 0
ok i have done that searched the starting string then i will find it but lets say it says

ro.modversion then ro.moder would be at the end with all files in between but some file that are not listed are in there..if i could send you the files so you can see for yourself then you will see what i'm talking about...very frustrating. or if you don't mind doing a join me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones