• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] Sharp ROM 2.2.2 for the Triumph (Updated: 12/16/12)

Ok, I am bout to go to sleep and have found a couple things relating to the mms issue, but wanted to post this if anybody has any ideas. I hate when I make break throughs but my eyes won't stay open.

This is in the Mms.apk in res\xml\ , there are some differences throughout the smali files but this is definitely some info we will probably need to fix the issue.

<bool name="allowEmptyMsg">false</bool>
<string name="emailGatewayNumber">6245</string>
<string name="mmsc">http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms</string>
<string name="mmsProxy">205.239.233.136</string>
<int name="mmsPort">81</int>
<string name="topUpUrl">http://www.virginmobileusa.com</string>
<string name="approvedUiStr">Whoops! Your account balance is too low.</string>
<string name="sprintHdrValue">Whoops! Your account balance is too low.</string>

Upvote 0
Ok, I am bout to go to sleep and have found a couple things relating to the mms issue, but wanted to post this if anybody has any ideas. I hate when I make break throughs but my eyes won't stay open.

This is in the Mms.apk in res\xml\ , there are some differences throughout the smali files but this is definitely some info we will probably need to fix the issue.

<bool name="allowEmptyMsg">false</bool>
<string name="emailGatewayNumber">6245</string>
<string name="mmsc">http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms</string>
<string name="mmsProxy">205.239.233.136</string>
<int name="mmsPort">81</int>
<string name="topUpUrl">http://www.virginmobileusa.com</string>
<string name="approvedUiStr">Whoops! Your account balance is too low.</string>
<string name="sprintHdrValue">Whoops! Your account balance is too low.</string>

Even replacing the mms.apk will make the phone give / receive garbled messages so it might not be that.......

Upvote 0
Even replacing the mms.apk will make the phone give / receive garbled messages so it might not be that.......
Yeah, I tried that and replacing those lines neither worked. I spent most of my time yesterday trying to find info on the Intercept issue, but sdx links are all changed now so it took me forever to find this, but this link will probably change soon too. I'm bout to try it now, just have to find the right info for the Triumph.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just posted Deodexed Ver2, fixed a few things, bluetooth included, need some people to test it out.

Also for the fun of it I flashed this over b_randons deodexed stock rom, with out wiping anything, and the voicemail *86 issue went away. I do not recommend this as I was just curious what would happen.

Upvote 0
Does anybody have or know where to get a hold of a non deodexed apk of the sharp launcher? i've looked around but can't seem to find anything. Thanks
First, I don't think anybody except me and tj_style have messed with the Sharp roms, but there are different versions of the Sharp launcher. Look here for some info, but that is from 2.3.5 and this rom is 2.2.2, you can find the odex version in the Original or Trim 2.2.2, I can not guarantee that any of this will work, I have only tried to integrate the Sharp launcher from 2.3.5 into CM7. Because this 2.2.2 version is a complete Sharp rom there was no integration necessary.

Reactions: johnburtjab
Upvote 0
I just posted Deodexed Ver2, fixed a few things, bluetooth included, need some people to test it out.

First, the good news. Bluetooth works great. Thanks, BSydz!

Now the bad news, at least for me. I flashed the deodexed v2 over my existing install of the original Sharp rom. It broke my cell signal (ril?) and data. Any number of reboots would not fix it. I went back, factory reset, cleared dalvik, flashed again. Worked like a charm.
Now running like a champ!

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
First, the good news. Bluetooth works great. Thanks, BSydz!

Now the bad news, at least for me. I flashed the deodexed v2 over my existing install of the original Sharp rom. It broke my cell signal (ril?) and data. Any number of reboots would not fix it. I went back, factory reset, cleared dalvik, flashed again. Worked like a charm.
Now running like a champ!

Thank you for the feedback. I don't have the Original Stock zip on hand anymore but I just flashed the trim version which is basically the same thing, and then back to Ver2 and it was fine. But just to clarify you did get Ver2 working, right?

I don't recommend anything you are about to read ;).
I haven't wiped anything since about noon before I installed b_randons stock zip, cause it wipes everything, and I have flashed at least ten Sharp test versions trying to get this MMS working since then. It could be just the difference in starting points or if you have used any of the tweaks available. I took down the comment about being able to flash over each other cause I have changed some stuff and Mobstergunz had changed his kernel and now has his ginger theme with changed files, so I thought I should take that down.

If you find anything else let me know, I have been too busy trying to fix stuff that I have had no time to really test anything. It is basically down to the mms issue, until somebody finds something else.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the link, I traced down the changes in framework to a single file in the com/android/internal/telephony, but I am only 95% sure. Looking through the framework.jars they seem to be different versions, like the rom was updated that I yanked the framework from to compare. Also it is gingerbread and a different phone, so that file is different in our framework.

The mms fix zip only contained 3 files

build.prop
changes
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
to
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311490
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile

apns-conf.xml
changes (I left the formatting the way it was)
<apn carrier="Sprint"
mcc="310"
mnc="120"
apn="Sprint"
user="Sprint"
server="*"
password="*"
mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com"
authtype="3"
to
<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>

Framework change
com\android\internal\telephony\cdma\CdmaSMSDispatcher.smali

This is the only thing stopping this rom from being a completely functional Stock rom replacement. I have like no experience in java except what I've learned in the past 2 months, I am having so much trouble modifying methods, that it is driving me crazy. It is like Spanish to me, I can find my way around and it's becoming familiar, but I still can't follow what's happening on Univision. :thinking: Hablo Ingl

Upvote 0
Does this record alogs?
Yes. If you are asking if it has the problem of stacking up logs til the phone is unusable then, we will have to see, unless you want to search all the Chinese forums to find out. It was hard enough to find any info on the 2.2.2, cause nobody really knew about the Sharp phone until 2.3.5 dropped. And most of that info is related to the other X6 variants.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: I've got picture messages sending but not receiving at all, no garbled messages, nothing. Almost there, but still need some time. I think that it is more than just the sms stuff in framework, like the cdma and gsm stuff may also need to be changed.

This is one difference in the sms portion of the framework:
.method private static isDoubleEncoded(Lcom/android/internal/telephony/cdma/sms/CdmaSmsAddress;)Z

Reactions: viskon
Upvote 0
Not trying to rain on anyones parade but why is it this rom has the thunderprop and yet I get no cred?

Sorry about that, but it is the stock Sharp build.prop modified to look like a thunderbolt. I never edited the Sharp build.prop til Ver2 cause I was trying to get stuff to work and forgot to change it back, and that doesn't have the thunder mod. It is not a Triumph thunder.prop, so I wasn't sure how that would work. If you want me to add credit for the thunder.prop idea, I will. Mobstergunz edited the stock Sharp build.prop for Rev 2.1 and I figured some people would want it. It wasn't intentional. Sorry if I offended you.

Edit: If you can trick the mms into working on this rom, I'll definitely give you credit for that. :D

Upvote 0
I was just curious as I had made the original thunderprop for this phone and many of it's ROM variants.
I completely understand. This being a ROM from a completely different phone makes things a lil hazy. I didn't modify very many files to get this working, so it is kind of a port but it is also just another ROM that works on our phone. So while most of the system is identical because it is just a rebranded phone like ours, there are a lot of differences in the way the code was implemented that uses our hardware better. So any development will have to start from the ground up, like mods and themes and stuff. I know it will get confusing cause I already tried to use manteras reboot/recovery mod for reference, but the files are nowhere near comparable for just swapping some lines. But if you want me to credit you then just let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones