• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT] U9000-81 2.2.2 for the Triumph Updated:(12/16/12)

BSydz

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2012
The Mitten
Introducing the U9000-81 Froyo 2.2.2 ROM for the Triumph!!!

attachment.php

This is a port of the U9000-81 X6 variant 2.2.2 Froyo ROM.

This ROM is fully functional!
You will find some nice surprises included in this ROM.

This ROM is deodexed, rooted and includes busybox, so you can easily remove system apps that you don't want.

If anybody wants to help, all contributions are welcome.

If you have any issues make sure you include as many details as possible, so I can help you better and understand better what the problem might be.

Note: There are settings to use AGPS in Settings>Location & security settings. Just check the "Use assisted GPS" box.

If your 3G is anything like mine you will want to skip the setup wizard and add an account on wifi.

INSTALLATION:
If you have never flashed a ROM before, follow these instructions.

If you are on a rooted ROM, it would make it easier to transition, if you backup all of the apks in data/app with a root explorer. Then you don't have to download them and you can just install them from any file manager.

For those that have CWM or TWRP Recovery already installed follow these steps

1. Backup
2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Flash Rom
5. Reboot
6. Apply the Voicemail fix below
7. Enjoy

BSydz-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver3: (12/16/12)
Note: Only known bug is voicemail dials *86 by default, use fix below {Thanks to wsimon
}, this fix will be removed if you wipe data or factory reset, just reapply after first boot. Tethering requires the included script to be run before starting tether, it can be found in system/etc/init.d.
Changes:
Changed filesystem to ext4 from ext3
Fixed date not showing when notification bar is pulled down
Added in Custom kernel 9
Added init.d folder including MTU script.

Be patient it takes a while on first boot.

Download: BSydz-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver3.zip (91.1MB)
MD5:2c554c8290f409ebd5490c757c31244d

Voicemail Fix Instructions:
Thanks to wsimon

1. Install es file explorer or equivalent, that can use root privilege, from the market. In es file explorer press menu, go to settings, all the way down enable "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System". Then go back and press favorites and select the phone. You should be good from there.
2. Open up /data/data/com.android.phone/shared_prefs/com.android.phone_preferences.xml
Note:
If the file is not there send yourself a voicemail and it should be there.
3. Add this line: "<string name="vm_number_key_cdma">##########</string>", without the main qoutes, where ########## is your 10 digit phone number, right above the vm_id_key property
4. Save and exit.
5. Delete com.android.phone_preferences.xml.bak
6. Reboot for it to take effect.
6. (Optional)Make a backup of the file you just modified for future use.

BSydz-Beta-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver1: (7/14/12)
Note: Only known bug is voicemail dials *86 by default, use fix below {Thanks to wsimon}, this fix will be removed if you wipe data or factory reset, just reapply after first boot.

Download: BSydz-Beta-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver1.zip
MD5:a462b9a4721bf9f7437c96fb61e469eb
BSydz-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver2: (7/15/12)
Note: Only known bug is voicemail dials *86 by default, use fix below {Thanks to wsimon}, this fix will be removed if you wipe data or factory reset, just reapply after first boot. Fixed MMS. Tethering requires custom kernel and script available in the second post.

Download: BSydz-U9000-81-Froyo-Triumph-Ver2.zip (91MB)
MD5:2d64e4eb75a5a9d84b57387032038936

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• U9000-81 1.png
    U9000-81 1.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 907
  • U9000-81 2.png
    U9000-81 2.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 3,088
  • U9000-81 3.png
    U9000-81 3.png
    395.7 KB · Views: 717
  • U9000-81 4.png
    U9000-81 4.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 664
  • U9000-81 5.png
    U9000-81 5.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 651
  • U9000-81 6.png
    U9000-81 6.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 627
MOD Section:

Huawei-U9000 ICS Theme:

Boot Animation Sound:
Build.props:
Installation:
Boot in to recovery and flash zip. Or extract the zip and copy the build.prop to your system folder.

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 build.prop:
This is the original Ver2 build.prop
BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 build.prop.zip

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Triumph Stock build.prop:
This will make the phone look like a Stock Triumph

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Triumph Stock build.prop.zip

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Thunder.prop:
This will make your phone look like an HTC Thunderbolt

Thanks to JollyRoger87 for creating the thunder.prop concept.

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Thunder.prop.zip

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Sharp 2.35 build.prop:
This will make the phone look like the GB version of the Sharp ROM

BSydz U9000-81 2.2 Ver2 Sharp 2.35 build.prop.zip

MTU/Tether FIX:
Here is the script for anybody that wants to try this out. Just extract the file,and open it in a root explorer and select execute. Wifi must be disabled and 3G must be active for the script to execute correctly. It doesn't seem to work from the SD card, I put it in system/etc/init.d folder and it worked. This also may only work with my custom kernel.(more testing is needed) The custom kernel should be compatible with all Sharp ROM versions. More info can be found here http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...triumph-updated-7-15-12-a-21.html#post4972844

BSydz mtu 1500.sh.zip

Instructions for Terminal Emulator:

The terminal emulator way is the for sure way to do it.
In terminal emulator:
Type su
Hit enter
Allow root access
Type "ifconfig rmnet0 mtu 1500" without the quotes
Hit enter
You're done
Kernels:
Boot in to recovery and flash zip file.

BSydz U9000-81 Ver2 Original Kernel:
This is the original Ver2 kernel.
BSydz U9000-81 Ver2 Original Kernel.zip

BSydz U9000-81 Ver2 Custom Kernel - try 3(08/04/2012):
Credit to b_randon14, pwnyourace, Napsta, DooMLoRD, and FXP for the overclock patch.
This is a custom kernel I built that changes the MTU settings and includes overclock and underclock abilities along with a bunch of other stuff. This custom kernel should be compatible with all ROM versions. This will be refined over time.
BSydz U9000-81 Ver2 Custom Kernel - try 3.zip
Status Bar Notification Widgets:
Thanks to ajace for bringing this to my attention.
Play Store Link: Status Bar Notification Widgets

attachment.php

Attachments

• U9000-81 Notificatin Toggle.png
    U9000-81 Notificatin Toggle.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 2,602
Upvote 0
If the GPS works as well as the Sharp ROM, then it would be nice to look at the gps.config and see what it looks like. I'm sure you have seen the anecdotal evidence when chairshot made his changes to the CM7 file.
It does have the same GPS, locks in seconds within feet. I have only read about chairshots CM version, I have not tested it out yet. I want to get a fully functional GB ROM on our phones and all of my time has gone to that. I found this about 7AM this morning and after my initial tests it was basically where the Sharp ROM started except Gapps where built in. So, I knew what all had to be done so I did what I could today and put it out for testing.

Edit: I don't believe gps.config has anything really to do with it.

Upvote 0
How hard would it be to port a Froyo miui ROM? Miui is awesome, and I don't think anyone ever thought that Froyo could get it's chance against the upper systems like cm7 or cm9... Until BSydz took his time to make it so. To get at least a semi functional Froyo miui would be a huge accomplishment, and create a new path to journey on for triumph users.

Upvote 0
everything seems to be in order except for receiving mms like u stated

edit: 3g speeds seem to have improved with this rom
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to fix as much as I could in one shot, just going from memory. I should be able to get it all worked out today or tomorrow.
Woo hoo Bsyds bringing us froyo roms worth using... No offense to any ROM dev whatsoever I only say this cause gps is great and only his two seem to have it working so well
Thank you. I would have to say the Sharp ROM has a lil bit more going for it than just GPS, it is rock solid, smooth and scores as high as GB on the phone it was made for. Wanna make a thunder.prop for this? I think Google may be trying to look at more information now, than what was changed in the build.prop, could just be me, I haven't tested other ROMs to be sure.
I feel as if that assisted GPS setting is what's making the GPS so fantastic. I wonder if there is some way to get it on CM7..

Does it just come included with these ports?
The GPS is all around better but yes the aGPS is definitely the factor in few second locks. As I have been going through code I think that the Triumph is set by default to use aGPS, cause without it enabled it doesn't knock the phone down to 1x, and the Stock ROM knocks it down whenever you use gps. Yes, everything is built in to these I just get them to work with our phone.
How hard would it be to port a Froyo miui ROM? Miui is awesome, and I don't think anyone ever thought that Froyo could get it's chance against the upper systems like cm7 or cm9... Until BSydz took his time to make it so. To get at least a semi functional Froyo miui would be a huge accomplishment, and create a new path to journey on for triumph users.
When I first dropped the Sharp ROM I was thinking the same thing until I read that CM doesn't support HDMI, but I never looked into MIUI. I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Reactions: rebel69ization
Upvote 0
can i just flash over version one?
I did, and I tested it fresh also. It was only one edit I forgot in the framework, this isn't a major overhaul, just fixed the MMS. I was so fresh from the Sharp ROM that I knew all the major things that needed to happen, and tried to apply them all. It was sooooo much easier knowing what to look for. But again, this is a completely different phone that this ROM comes from so just like the Sharp ROM everything will have to start from scratch.

Upvote 0
thanks for the feedback. I tried to fix as much as i could in one shot, just going from memory. I should be able to get it all worked out today or tomorrow.

Thank you. I would have to say the sharp rom has a lil bit more going for it than just gps, it is rock solid, smooth and scores as high as gb on the phone it was made for. Wanna make a thunder.prop for this? I think google may be trying to look at more information now, than what was changed in the build.prop, could just be me, i haven't tested other roms to be sure.

The gps is all around better but yes the agps is definitely the factor in few second locks. As i have been going through code i think that the triumph is set by default to use agps, cause without it enabled it doesn't knock the phone down to 1x, and the stock rom knocks it down whenever you use gps. Yes, everything is built in to these i just get them to work with our phone.

When i first dropped the sharp rom i was thinking the same thing until i read that cm doesn't support hdmi, but i never looked into miui. I'll have a look and see what i can do.

:D yay!!! :D

Upvote 0
does this still have the fugly 1x/3g bars in the status menu like sharp does?
yup, sadly :(
There is a screenshot in the OP, I don't know what you mean by fugly, but if you want to theme this ROM, feel free to do what you like with it.
Can we use the Hybrid 2.2 kernel from the Sharp ROM?
I tried the regular Sharp kernel and there were a few issues but this is a different kernel on this one. So, testing will be needed.
may i ask whats different about this compared to stock froyo besides ui? sharp was different in terms of a lot of things especially gps. is there anything like that here?
It was never touched by VM!!! I think that is enough, but it is basically just like the Sharp ROM, the framework and system is more like the Sharp ROM than the Stock ROM. I think the Sharp ROM is a little smoother and faster but I have not had time to test this cause I was updating the Sharp ROM today. I ran it most of the day yesterday but I did so many fresh installs that I can't really tell you about the performance.

Upvote 0
I tried the regular Sharp kernel and there were a few issues but this is a different kernel on this one. So, testing will be needed.
Just flashed the Hybrid kernel and it seems to run fine. Overclocked with No Frills CPU and no problems so far. Anything specific I should look out for to tell us this kernel shouldn't be used with this particular ROM?

Upvote 0
Just flashed the Hybrid kernel and it seems to run fine. Overclocked with No Frills CPU and no problems so far. Anything specific I should look out for to tell us this kernel shouldn't be used with this particular ROM?
Basically this kernel initiates stuff differently, so things like camera, hdmi, wifi and stuff like that. Austrie said he was gonna work on a kernel for the Sharp ROM and I'm gonna see what I can do about getting one for this also.

Upvote 0
I am a little confused, what is the difference between this and the Sharp ROM?

Is this better than the sharp ROM in some way?
This is a completely different ROM from a completely different phone. I haven't had a lot of time testing it but I can only imagine it is better than stock and it has the same aGPS as the Sharp ROM.

Edit: This is basically another option for those that don't like the Sharp ROM and to give our devs something else to scratch their heads about and spend countless hours trying to narrow down what it actually is that makes it work. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones