1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM]Princely ROM V2.7.5 - Five Themed Versions ~ GingerBread, RBT, BBW, Purple, and HoneyComb~

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Austrie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. pwnyourace

pwnyourace Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    not to sound like a d*ck..but would u mind changing this thread a little? 1st, i did not nor have i started making an umph v2, you did not make an umph v2, if ud like to make your own kernel feel free to call it whatever you want, but you didnt touch this kernel. 2nd, this is a development community, you dont say things are better than others unless your giving your opinion, which in this case doesnt make any sense whatsoever because theyre both the same kernel. 3rd, back to the first thing i was saying, you didnt touch this kernel, its the exact same thing as the kernels in my thread, you dont have my source and you cant do anything with a zimage, and if its the kernel i sent you on sdx it is in no way a v2 of any sorts or any better than the others, it has ext4 enabled, thats it, which doesnt even matter if your ROM doesnt use it which by looking at the updater script, this doesnt. if you want to make a kernel u can download the source and u can change it and compile it yourself and call it whatever you please. but dont take someone elses work, do absolutely nothing to it then call it v2, and not even have the for example "pwnyourace's umph kernel". no im not credit hungry the v2 just set me off and im saying everything.

Advertisement

2. JWhipple

JWhipple Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
  3. LucaBrassi

LucaBrassi Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Adult Foster Care Group Home Manager
    Northern, MN

I don't blame you it would piss me off also

4. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    Ok we settled this in PM, but im just putting this out for the plublic

5. pwnyourace

None

Aug 19, 2011
    alright i was just about to edit my post..did u srsly just edit a pm then quote it on a post?
    Im still using stock kernel, the the name of thread even says '(Umph Kernel V2.0 and gingerbread port COMING soon)'. The reason I thought you was done is,
    1. You said thats all you can do for the kernel, since you said you are a beginner kernel maker.
    2. You don't have the phone.

was not in the pm..if your going to do that atleast dont edit the pm to make it look better..i tend to learn as i go, ive already got more things i wanna add to the kernel, but like i just said in the pm, im sure the users would appreciate another kernel option, so go for it and get one going

6. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Im quoting the one I sent you from this forum not sdx developers. Ok done.

Edit: I would never post anything in my work that wasn't there, only if its a complete mistake and would have corrected it and posted it.

7. rockneo

rockneo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    Please devs, don't fight. ): leave the fighting to us.

8. JohnnyCSx

JohnnyCSx Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Not gonna lie, I'll have to take pwnyourface's side, this looks like a mash-up of everyone else's work. If you were really skilled and capable of making a kernel, and clearly looking to help seeing as you posted a rom, why wouldn't you have stepped in when pwn was working on it in the first place? Or to lay it to rest, could you name one thing you could have altered in any way to yield results or increase functionality, or any sort of change log? If not, it's just stolen work in my eyes. Anyways, the rom does look alright, I noticed the icons in the notification bar have a few pixels of white where it should be red, just makes it look alot less clean. Nice work though.

9. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Being a pain in the a$$! LOL
    Chambersburg, Pa
    you guys will end up getting banned by a mod... austrie it would have been better just to change the name, and pwn, just ask and most people would be more than glad to not name there stuff after you!

10. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Im still using stock kernel in this ROM so I didnt steal anything. I was just reviving when I thought it died, so I was going to revive it after pwn's permission(was going to do sometime tommorow), and,
    1. I was making a kernel then ROM after until Hurricane Irene hit where I lived and power went out for a week, then I saw pwn already made one so I decided to leave the kernel business to him.
    2. When I thought I saw pwn quit, I decided to revive his kernel keeping the same name so credits go to him.
    3. I have not started on the developing of pwn's kernel, therefore I have stolen nothing and AGAIN is not in this ROM. Only one person have said THEY added his kernel to the ROM but it is not in there by me.
    4 Kill the subject of any thievery of pwn's kernel, we have already settled this.
    5. Thanks, the white pixels mostly gets fixed in update V1.7 and stock, heading tommorow morning.

beaviskob1 likes this.
  11. beaviskob1

beaviskob1 Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    +1 :cool:

This looks like a little miscommunication:eek:. Hopefully they have hashed it out:rolleyes:. I hope this was an honest mistake by newer devs:eek:. All of your work is valued (everyone) and feuding helps no-one;).

I guess if android was a closed platform this stuff is avoided due to threats of lawsuits:mad:.

That being said go to your rooms and get busy developing:D! JUST KIDDING

Now back on topic: The WIFI, has anyone tried adding the components left out of the original deodex as stated in the XDA Dev threads? I finally got a VM installed with Linux and am going to load the kitchen to try to deodex. I may also try the manual method I used to hose my Intercept if I can remember where I found out how.

EDIT:Austrie not only smarter than me, he/she types faster DOH

12. pwnyourace

None

Aug 19, 2011
    dont waste ur time doing it manually..tried the other night and no go on the wifi, this is based off my deodex rom which was done in the kitchen so again, dont waste ur time lol. i mean u can give it a shot if u want maybe ull get lucky but i think someone else tried too and couldnt get it

beaviskob1 likes this.
  13. theboundless

theboundless Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Hey Austrie

Thanks for the work, I can't wait to try this out once you get wifi fixed. Btw, how did you get the phone to wake with the volume rocker buttons? I was wondering if I could implement that now while waiting for the updated version of your rom.

14. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    I had to remove the volume rocker awake command, its buggy. Im uploading V1.7 and Stock V1.7

15. munkymedic

munkymedic Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Upping done? I wanna flash it before I go to bed ;)

16. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Mostly every ROM needs to be deodoxed so I had to base it on deodex template/ROM making the WiFi issue.
    Yes its done uploading. Everyone should TRY the theme version atleast once it looks better on phone.

17. munkymedic

None

Aug 14, 2011
    Oh, I know, just want to flash it to flash something! Don't really use Wi-Fi anyway so not really a big deal.

18. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Remember, you need update-script(edify only) and update binary. When try to manually deodex rom, zip the file but dont compress it, use the Zip Folder from SDX WIKI on how to deodex a ROM. It has preinstalled stuff in that folder, just delete them.

EDIT: Make a good up to date backup, bootloops happen.

19. xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx Member
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    awesome job man, keep up the good work and thanks

20. munkymedic

None

Aug 14, 2011
    Anyone else's Gmail force closing? Fix by uninstalling and reinstalling.

21. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Pizza Delivery Driver
    Somerset, KY
    Hey man i just posted a 100% working deodex theme template(it's not a full ROM just the /system/app /system/framework and /system/fonts folder. The WiFi works and you can just merge it with a stock ROM and have a deodexed stock ROM. I'm going to post a full stock ROM & deodexed stock ROM as well as a tweak stock ROM later once I test them!

pxtoro, rvarn1 and beaviskob1 like this.
  22. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Did you follow the steps to flash V1.4, boot up,go back into recovery, clear dalvik cache, THEN flash 1.7? Remember to mount system, or else alot of missing stuff and FC's. GMail have been reportedd working, works for me to.
    e
    ~~~
    At B_randon: I'll PM you on SDX about that.

23. godbilla

godbilla Member
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Okay, so I've been testing out your 1.7 theme. Same feedback as earlier, really smooth, touch and scrolling rocks compared to stock. The only thing I've seen so far is that the transparent messenger app is really hard to use when you have a dark wallpaper (the text is black). I just got handscent and replaced it for now.

Really loving the rom! I can live without wifi right now :)
    I really like your work.

24. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Male
    Music Producer, Arborist, General Contractor
    West Virginia
    i find that i have to clear the data in gmail app almost every time after a ROM flash or a /data restore (this is with 3 diff. phones now). Otherwise it wont send and doesn't archive without the occasional crash.

25. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Thanks. For me, the text is naturally white, so i'm not sure about that.